50 Cent considering legal action after alleged threat from Brooklyn officer
A Brooklyn precinct commanding officer is “under internal review” by the NYPD after allegedly telling officers to shoot 50 Cent on sight, according to police sources. The New York Post reports that Sunset Park, Brooklyn Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez allegedly said “shoot him on sight,” speaking with officers during a June 7, 2018 roll-call the same day as the Bronx Smoker, an NYPD “grudge match” boxing tournament that 50 Cent, aka Curtis James, was to attend.
In a series of Instagram posts, 50 Cent called Gonzalez “a dirty cop abusing his POWER.”
“I take this threat very seriously,” he wrote, “and im consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward. I am concerned that I was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD.”
50 Cent also posted a picture of Gonzalez, writing, “he think he got beef with me,so he sending the Homies to put some work in. NYNOTSAFE #thegangstagotabadge”
“This guy is a Gangsta with a badge emanuel gonzalez, is not fit to be a commanding officer,” he wrote.
50 Cent and Gonzalez previously clashed over Brooklyn hip-hop and strip club Club Lust, which was shut down after what owner Imran Jairam called unfair targeting by the NYPD. Jairam said he was subject to three years of harassment by Gonzalez, who he said would demand expensive gifts. Frequent patron 50 Cent posted a parody video in support of the club, with the caption, “every time you see NYPD tell them I said they fucking up the summer. LOL get the strap.” He was placed under investigation for using the phrase, slang for getting a gun.
In a statement to CNN, NYPD Captains Endowment Association president Roy Richter called the threat allegations made by Gonzalez against 50 Cent “completely false,” saying, “it was 50 Cent who put the safety of the Inspector and his family in jeopardy by publishing a threatening tweet that called for violence last year.”