A few NYC New Years Eve event updates
Gothamist: So you’re curating this New Year’s Eve show. What does curating a concert entail?
Miles Seaton of Akron/Family: Oh, man, you should ask my girlfriend; she’s a curator. The Knitting Factory wanted us to get all the bands together for this last night at the club, and it’s been a lot of back-and-forth during a really busy time for us and the club. But it means the opportunity to have Dirty Projectors and Deerhoof play, and also our friend Greg Davis and our other friends like Megafaun play. And also, to keep an eye on what the night looks like for people and the pacing of the night.
How is this going to work in terms of set times? Are people going to have to choose between Deerhoof, Dirty Projectors and Akron/Family?
You know, that’s the thing that curating would normally entail but we haven’t really had a chance to communicate with the club a lot about the production end of things. So I can’t answer that, to be honest with you. But I imagine they’ll try to stagger it a bit, you know; start one show on the hour and another show on the half hour. And we also just got two of the guys from Oneida to play; they call themselves Groover’s Paradise.
also on New Years Eve in NYC….
* Crystal Castles are DJing a party in Brooklyn after their two shows @ MHOW
* Matthew Dear & Drop the Lime @ LePoissonRouge – doors @ 2AM
* The Bunker will go for 18 hours (10-4PM) @ Public Assembly
* The Damned have cancelled their show @ Blender Theater
* Knitting Factory’s final Manhattan show flyer above
* Shilpa Ray & Wild Yaks are playing @ Monkeytown
* These are Powers are playing Cake Shop
* party @ Surreal Estate
* EVERYTHING ELSE