Founded in 2004, BrooklynVegan is an independent, NYC-centric, multi-genre, mostly-music blog that focuses on international music news, album and live show reviews, pictures, festivals, tour dates, gossip, tips, song and album streams, videos, industry and tech news, special events and much more. Non-music stuff finds its way on to our pages as well including comedy, TV, movies and burlesque, and every post comes with an open exchange of ideas via the public commenting system and social media. We also produce a lot of live events, and have a radio show on SiriusXMU.
BV AUSTIN & BV CHICAGO
Though international in scope, there’s no doubt that BrooklynVegan is very NYC focused. With that in mind, we expanded with city specific sites in Chicago and Austin (home of our annual SXSW shows, not to mention lots of great music all year round).
- Dave — Founder, Editor in Chief
- Bill Pearis — Senior Editor
- Andrew Sacher — Senior Editor
- Amanda Hatfield — Photo Editor & Social Media Manager
- Klaus Kinski — BV Comedy Editor (not his real name)
- Tatiana Tenreyro — Contributor
- Rob Sperry-Fromm — Contributor
- Magdalene Taylor – Contributor
- Ian Cory — Contributor
- Dominic (Nick) Masi Jr — SiriusXMU Blog Radio host, Contributor
- Katie Alexander — Partnerships Director & Event Coordinator
- TownSquare Music — ads
We also couldn’t do it without our dedicated team of PHOTOGRAPHERS like Dana (distortion) Yavin, Tim Griffin, James Richards IV, David Andrako, Dominick Mastrangelo, Greg Cristman, Fred Pessaro, PSquared Photography, Jessica Amaya, Bao Nguyen, Leia Jospe, Ryan Muir, Kyle Dean Reinford, Ryan Barkan, Tracy Allison, Toby Tenenbaum, Caroline Harrison, Sarah Frankie Linder, Keith Marlowe, Gretchen Robinette, Carly Hoskins, Sachyn Mital, Stephanie Augello, Ester Segretto, Emily Yu, Mimi Hong, Ben Stas and many more from the past, present and future.
We miss you, Chris La Putt.
above photo by Dave. above graphic by Madison Klarer. BrooklynVegan logo design by Andrew Fischler.