Amanda Palmer releasing a covers LP made with her dad (listen to “1952 Vincent Black Lightning”)
Earlier this year, Amanda Palmer shared her first full-band recording in two years, “Machete.” She hasn’t announced a solo album yet, but in the meantime, she’ll release a covers album with her dad, Jack, called You’ve Got Me Singing that’ll be out in July and that’s the cover art (an homage to Dylan’s Bringing it All Back Home) above. According to a video she shared on Facebook, the album was recorded back in August, ranging from covers of songs by Sinéad O’Connor, Leonard Cohen, Kimya Dawson and more. Preorders are available and tracklist is below.
Amanda shared the first single off it, which is a cover of Richard Thompson‘s “1952 Vincent Black Lightning,” along with its video, featuring over 200 painting by David Mack. Watch the video below.
In other Amanda Palmer news, she’ll reunite with former bandmate Brian Viglione for a couple of Dresden Dolls shows this summer, including one at the Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk on August 27 with support from PWR BTTM. Tickets foro Coney are still available.
Subscribe to Brooklyn Vegan on
Jack & Amanda Palmer – “You Got Me Singing” tracklist:
1. You Got Me Singing (Leonard Cohen and Patrick Raymond Leonard)
2. Wynken, Blyken and Nod (Lucy and Carly Simon)
3. Again (Melanie Safka)
4. 1952 Vincent Black Lightning (Richard John Thompson)
5. Louise Was Not Half Bad (Tom T Hall, written by Paul Siebel)
6. Black Boys On Mopeds (Sinead O’Connor)
7. All I Could Do (Kimya Dawson)
8. In The Heat Of The Summer (Phil Ochs)
9. Pink Emerson Radio (Kathleen Edwards)
10. Skye Boat Song (Traditional)
11. Glacier (John William Grant and Thorarinsson Birgir)
12. I Love You So Much (Noah Britton)