Posted in NYC | pictures on September 20, 2004

Indian Larry Memorial

I didn't get to the Indian Larry memorial until about 7pm. It was already dark out and ending soon. Nonetheless, it was an impressive tribute to an impressive man.

N 14th st, the location of Larry's garage/shop, was closed off. There was a stage & bbq outside and beer inside the shop. Here are some pictures.

Indian Larry RIP.

Indian Larry Memorial

My riding bud and myself managed to escape all the rain while riding down from Ottawa Canada last Saturday to attend Larry's memorial. We got a little lost, crossed some bridges in New York City that we didn't intend to cross...but found the group and soaked up the tremendous atmosphere of fondness for Larry. It was a great experience and a fitting tribute to a unique human being. Canadian fans will miss him.
By the way, my Road King had a flat early Monday
morning near New Windsor. No accident, no rain, and a ton of help from super people at the local Harley dealer...not to mention the fact that 5 individuals stopped to ask if they could be of assistance while my bud searched out the dealer.
New Yorkers...thank you.

Posted by Bill Hall | September 22, 2004 1:08 PM

Even though I was only there for a little while at the end of the night, I had an amazing time.. Just to see that many people still there at the end of the night to remember a legand is an amazing thing... I am glad that I got to experience just a little of what went on during the entire day...

BrooklynVegan thanks for all the great info on the site....

Posted by Spyder | September 25, 2004 1:31 AM

Just wanted to express my deeepest sadness over the loss of Indian Larry to his wife and children. When My girlfriend and I (who are both bikers) saw the "Great Biker Build-off" on the DISCOVERY channel, we knew right away that we HAD to meet him one day. Despite his outward appearance, we knew that he was one of nicest persons anyone would want to meet. He seemed to be a gentle man, of unparalelled talent, and friendliness and love towards his fellow riders. I didn't find out about his death until a couple of days ago....months after the fact. Needless to say I was shocked as all hell!!!
And I was surprised, and sometimes sickened over the lack of stories written in the various harley/chopper mags. However, the article in EASYRIDERS WAS ABSOLUTELY WELL WRITTEN AND EXCELLENT IN EVERY ASPECT.... as compared to the tiny, an I mean SMALL, stories printed in mags. like American Iron. I know what Magazies I will NOT be Reading ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!
My heart goes out to Larry's wife and children over their loss of such a fine husband and father. God bless you all, and GodSpeed LARRY!!!
Sincerely,
Juan
Laredo, TX

Posted by Juan Tenorio Jr | November 13, 2004 12:21 PM

Many blessings to Indian Larry's family during this extremely difficult time in their lives.
My 80yr.old mom and I loved to watch the gentle
soul who had the talent of Michaelangelo doing what he loved best. The supreme artistry of a bike
builder is what Larry represented to all his fans
and we will miss him very much.
May God Bless
you Larry

Posted by linda | February 9, 2005 3:46 AM

Well,all i can say is that I am shocked.I just lost my father who was 49.So I know how his family feels.My girlfiend has been trying to talk me into moving to Brooklyn.I said I would only go if I could meet Larry.Maybe I'll meet him one day in the future.To my favorite builder,God Bless You Larry

Posted by Derrick | February 9, 2005 11:00 PM

Indian Larry I will miss you. Why take these risks. Youve done it before yeah but that dont mean you have to do it again. Everyone knows you could do it why couldnt you leave it like that? WHY? In lovin memory of Indian Larry R.I.P.

Posted by Angel | February 21, 2005 10:08 PM

Larry
You Rode Hard
And
You Died Free
Save a place for me in the "ride" up there
C U Soon
Striker

Posted by Striker | March 5, 2005 4:21 PM

o boy the bikes r real cool dude indian larry rocks

Posted by ashwin | March 16, 2005 4:36 AM

i feel very bad i came to know about him when me and my friend was watching great biker build off when i saw him for the first time really i was impressed the way he desings the bike and way he rides really that was the first time i saw a man riding a bike in that way and my frd told he wants to know more about him and when we came to know he was dead we were very sad really i felt very bad and i cried but he is still in my heart indian larry rocks

Posted by ashwin | March 16, 2005 4:52 AM

Thanks Larry!

Posted by Rob Knorr | March 30, 2005 5:28 AM

I just wanted to say that Indian Larry Lives To ride And i know when my mom Ride she lives to ride also and when im old enough i know i will live to ride also. We love you Indian Larry,
Courtney and My Mom Tammy

Posted by Courtney and My mom Tammy | April 3, 2005 2:11 PM

Although I never met Crazy Larry, I will miss him. I never noticed him to point or yell at someone, yet his emotions and ideas came through crystal clear. His personality was filled with wisdom and personality that will be sorely missed by many of his friends, family, and fans. He proved people can change for the better and make a difference in the world.

Posted by PD | April 3, 2005 9:58 PM

Thank you Larry for making me smile...I will truly miss your smile...Ride On!!! Thinking of you also Bambi...God Bless!!

Posted by Ellie | April 5, 2005 10:27 PM

Hey larry, this is not the end it is just the next page......? Love you man.

Posted by Big Al | April 5, 2005 10:43 PM

i was sitting down in my livingroom watching oc on discovery channel when i saw that indian larry had passed away and i was blown away. he was one hell of a man and father my depest thaught go out to you and your family in such hard times.
the name indian larry will live forever in are heart and minds

Posted by Big D's custom pc's | April 6, 2005 12:47 AM

Rarely in life do we find someone who can take everything life throws at them, both good and bad, and let those experiences mold them into such a truely great person. While I never had the honor of meeting Larry, I do know that just knowing of him and his views of life and existence have changed me for the better.

Posted by KK | April 6, 2005 2:36 PM

Indian Larry was the nicest man. He let me sit on his bikes and gave me free posters. He was a great man.

Posted by Mia | April 19, 2005 2:13 PM

indian larry was great im 11 and i was looking forward to going to super sunday were indian larry would be and a couple weeks before Don Clady(the person who runs super sunday) told us that he had past away. i cried. he was the best he let me sit on his bikes and gave me free posters.he was the nicesst man and had the biggest heart.but when he died he died doing what he loved to do.

Posted by Mia | April 19, 2005 2:20 PM

I LOOK UP TO INDIAN LARRY VERY MUCH!
I WANT TO GROW UP AND BE JUST LIKE HIM.
I REMEMBER SHAKING HIS HAND AT THE JAVVED
CENTER AND IT FELT AWESOME!IT IS SUCH A SHAME THAT HE HAD TO PASS AWAY!HE IS THE BEST CUSTOM CHOPPER BUILDER EVER IN HISTORY!!!

WITH ALL OF MY HEART,BARRON

Posted by barron eckert | May 25, 2005 8:23 PM

i love his work

Posted by bbmaster | June 10, 2005 11:47 AM

i love cookies

Posted by bbmaster | June 10, 2005 11:49 AM

Awesome and talented dude! Never met him but i was very impressed by his work. Rest in Peace Larry!

Posted by Martina | July 14, 2005 3:20 PM

Larry was the greatest. As a bike builder, I am inspired by the man, as a person, I am in awe.

God speed Larry
Chief

Posted by Chief | July 24, 2005 6:37 AM

he did what he did cause he was great ..noone could have guessed his fate ..he was a legand in his time ...the best builder in my mind . he rode hard and he rode fast .man it must have been a blast.. he built great peices of art . and he had a really great heart .. now he is ridin high in the sky . no doubt he is standing high .. rest in peace larry your a great guy! u will be missed

Posted by bigen | July 26, 2005 3:57 AM

Hola
en todo el tiempo que e estado en USA nunca habia bisto una persona tan noble que aun con tantos anos de logro nunca se vio que haiga perdido su sencilles.
conoci su trabajo en Monster Garage, Motocicle Mania y otro programa que no recuerdo. Pero en ellos el reflejaba el gusto por construccion de motocicletas y el gusto por el manejo en moto.
Mil respetos a sus familiares y ya saben en donde les esperara.

GOD WAS LOOKING FOR A CHOOPER BUILDER AND HE FOUND ONE OF THE BEST ON HEART.

GOD BLESS HIS WAY UP TO THE SKY.

Posted by Armando | August 5, 2005 4:15 AM

fuck yes

Posted by Anonymous | August 8, 2005 5:10 PM

my wife and i loved to watch indian larry on tv.you could surley tell you where watching a master at work. we will miss him very much . god bless you larry.

Posted by ron | August 25, 2005 6:39 AM

To the legacy team keep it going strong - Larry Lives - thank you caught the bending girl from coney island early and all the scene till around 5, NYC is my second home, NJ is my first, if anyone knows the 14th street chevy astro van team from the north give them a big smiling hello and thank you - inkless

Posted by AJ Herold | September 11, 2005 11:14 AM

This is a tribute to the greatest biker of all time....this is not at all the end its just the begining....Rest in peace.

Posted by santosh | September 11, 2005 10:32 PM

A great man and influence, Ride on my friend. Twist

Posted by twsta | September 17, 2005 2:13 PM

I was in Fallujah Iraq when I got the news about Indian Larry. He will be missed by many I do not think he ever relized the amount of people out there, many who have never met him in person, who had their lives touched by Indian Larry. Im one of those.
Keep on Ridin

Sgt Jason Skinner
USMC

Posted by Sgt Jason Skinner | November 19, 2005 8:10 PM

I never rode choppers, but it was easy to see what a cool guy Larry was on the TV biker build off shows. After all the adversity he lived through it seemed like he really had himself together and was happy, humorous and witty and was really his own man. His life story is an inspiration and a testimony to never giving up and always trying to do better. It is a huge shame that he died so young and I will very much miss seeing him and his fabulous motorcycles on TV.

Posted by jim666 | December 17, 2005 8:39 AM

Much respect to a man who lived his life the way he wanted, always true to himself and his family, I never met you bro, but I'm sure we shared a lot of the same principles in life, save a place for me in the big ride, peace out brother...

Posted by Don | December 22, 2005 10:56 PM

I consider myself a hard angry man,i cried a big tear when i heard about larry.
Well over a year later i've just rolled through one hours of emotions watching discoverys tribute to larry,sadness,joy,grief and wonder while cring big tears once again.
Seeing his smile again just inspires me to chill out,stop drinking so much,think about what i'm doing and maybe put little more soul into what i'm fabricating.
I along with everyone that new of you misses you deeply larry.
Gone but never forgotten.
Ade
Melin chops.

Posted by ade | January 24, 2006 5:52 PM

u rock on t.v and will always be remembered as a legand

Mark.

Posted by mark | February 2, 2006 11:07 AM

slot cars slot cars http://www.9-11usg.org/slots/free_slot_strategy.html double diamond slots free slots no downloads pompei http://www.9-11usg.org/slots/free_sexy_slots_machine.html and .... dvd/vcr recorders with photo input slots slot machine download http://www.9-11usg.org/slots/texas_tea_slot_machine.html progressive slots digital slot car http://www.9-11usg.org/slots/used_slot_machine.html free slot machines games roof mount dvd slot http://www.9-11usg.org/slots/wonder_review_slot_machine.html .Thanks.

Posted by slot machines free play | March 10, 2006 6:24 PM

Hi! i'm a 19 yr old kid bck in "INDIA" - mumbai!... and i am an avid fan of the legend "INDIAN LARRY" . I too am interested in metal work and automobile engg. and especially making Choppers but there's not much scope here in India . I know for a fact that Indian Larry wasn't a man but he was an institution. All i wanna say is that i'm inspired and my life has changed just by watchin him on Biker Build Off (thanx to discovery).i can only imagine the person he was. Thanx a lot WILD CHILD!

Posted by Rohan | June 9, 2006 11:26 AM

will always be my idal. Fuck yea!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by nicholas compton | September 7, 2006 3:14 PM

eatin pusy

Posted by andrew gadoes | September 7, 2006 3:16 PM

eatin pussy

Posted by andrew gadoes | September 7, 2006 3:17 PM

young black girl illegal young girls

Posted by Xuxzvow | October 5, 2006 10:06 AM

Hey there,

I happened to be in the area that day with my camera. I put together a video of the party. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on until I interviewed some folks. Here is is:

Posted by ArtworkNotAvailable | November 1, 2006 6:37 PM

LARRY, ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH YOUR WORK. YOU LEFT US TO SOON. R.I.P DUDE

Posted by RICH FROM DELAWARE | January 25, 2007 1:03 PM

your'e what it is all about and great inspiration

Posted by jeff | February 25, 2007 12:02 PM

Larry you are the best!!! the life is a mystery!! *?*

Posted by Daniele Tomada | June 15, 2007 8:22 PM

you were the best larry rest in peace bro your fan steve from new zealand

Posted by steve goodman | November 12, 2009 11:49 PM

I took my first home loans when I was not very old and this supported my business very much. However, I require the term loan once again.

Posted by AUDRALindsay25 | March 16, 2010 6:25 PM

A really attractive idea just about this. Study and don't forget - if you have to work and study at the same time, there are hotshots who are ready to aid you with your essays when you under time encumbrance. I'd recomend in this case the most positive amongs buy thesis where you can bargain for custom content.

Posted by buy dissertation | March 19, 2010 12:18 PM

You wrote a smashing outcome to assist inexperienced people with their custom research paper tasks, I guess. Even the research writing service would not have a chanse to create such kind of hot analysis essay.

Posted by term paper | March 19, 2010 6:12 PM

rest-in-peace-my-brother

Posted by gary-hanlon | April 4, 2010 5:06 PM

There is a pleasant sort of bustle as people get their breakfasts and fill plastic buckets with rags and bottles of cleaning fluids, but surprisingly little conversation outside of a few references to what people ate (pizza) and drank (Jell-O shots are mentioned) over the weekend. Within each brand-name area, there are of course dozens of items, even dozens of each kind of item. But fortunately, the commercial tells us, we workers can exert the same kind of authority over our painkillers that our bosses exert over us.

Posted by gray line coupon | May 18, 2010 6:34 AM

Rest in peace Larry, you were a true inspiration to me,I wear your "question mark" neckless as a religous person wears a cross or star,your legacy lives on through those who loved you for the person you were.

Posted by Al "the Gent" Pruden | September 27, 2010 9:22 PM

August 2004 the world lost a legend Indain will always live on in our hearts. My prayers and thoughts go out to his wife Bambi all of his family and to all of the guys that helped build all of those great choppers.
"REST IN PEACE INDAIN LARRY"

Larry's tattoos were the coolest I've ever seen. His style of ink was totally unique.

Posted by Dorreen Noyes | May 12, 2013 9:55 AM