Posted in music | pictures on June 15, 2005

Life of Agony @ CBGB

The first time I saw Life of Agony (LOA), they were opening for Type O Negative at (the now closed) Lamour in Brooklyn approximately 13 years ago. Type O Negative weren't "goth" yet. Life of Agony only had a demo out (and I guess Sal was drumming for both bands).

Life of Agony @ CBGB

They still have as much, if not more, energy as they did over a decade ago. They're aging better than me. Long story short, seeing LOA play (the soon to close) CBGB last night (June 14th, 2005) was awesome - guaranteed to make my list of top ten shows this year.

Life of Agony @ CBGB

(It would of been more exciting had it not been the sixth time I saw them since they reunited in 2003 - Irving, Irving, Birch Hill, Birch Hill, Birch Hill, Starland Ballroom).

Life of Agony @ CBGB

The show coincided with the release of, Broken Valley (stream it), their new album on Epic Records. It was also bassist Alan Roberts' wedding anniversary.

Life of Agony @ CBGB

Johnny Kelly of Type O Negative & Danzig (and Sal's former drum tech) was at the show AND worked as Sal's drum tech. (must humble guy ever). Regulars like the girl from FUSE TV, Keith's uncle, Sal's wife, other relatives, and Rob Mastrianni from Next Tribe (Keith's solo guitarist) were also in attendance.

Life of Agony @ CBGB

I love the photo (#40?) with that evil-lookin' balding guy who might be about to charge. Fantastic.

Wasn't the Birch Hill already closed in 2003? Saw some great shows there. Including Local H (Tonight! Southpaw!).

Posted by J | June 15, 2005 12:36 PM

thanks. that photo is pretty crazy.

LOA played three shows at Birch Hill in August 2003, and the place closed down soon after. Just found this link with photos from one of the Birch Hill shows and the Starland Ballroom one:

Posted by brooklynvegan | June 15, 2005 1:36 PM

The mighty LOA are back and stronger than ever! Their London show in May was amazing - come back to Europe soon!!

Posted by Emma AKA Hopneycomb | June 20, 2005 4:08 AM

sik pics, I was at the show, that Evil looking dude was used as my barrier between the pit and myself, it was quite rough in there,Great show though!!

Posted by DiGiTaL | June 20, 2005 9:33 PM

I've managed to save up roughly $36062 in my bank account, but I'm not sure if I should buy a house or not. Do you think the market is stable or do you think that home prices will decrease by a lot?

Posted by Courtney Gidts | November 14, 2005 7:07 PM

Seeing these pictures and reading about it, I get a bit jealous...

Posted by LOA pix - live in Germany | November 25, 2008 11:44 AM

What the fuck was Alan thinking picking up UKJ Whitfield? Only time I saw LOA live was when the opened for Ozzy here in LV back in 97(?)
The venue sucked but they kicked ass-

Posted by toddler | December 30, 2008 1:53 AM

I had a dream to start my own firm, but I did not earn enough of money to do this. Thank heaven my fellow recommended to use the credit loans. Therefore I took the commercial loan and made real my dream.

Posted by VickyTILLMAN20 | November 30, 2011 3:16 AM