Posted in To Do | music on August 29, 2005

Sometimes compiling seven days worth of NYC concerts can be a near-impossible task to complete on a Monday. This week we've got Alec Ounsworth, Doveman, The Silent League, King of France, Sham 69, The Bouncing Souls, Sick of it All, American Analog Set, Green Day, Coldplay, Rilo Kiley, The GoStation, Oneida, The Double, Kimya Dawson, The Sharp Things, Ice-T, Kevin Devine, Xiu Xiu, Frog Eyes, Out Hud, and many, many more in my weekly Gothamist post (that's now finally live).

haven't we already done the work for you?

Posted by serkan | August 29, 2005 7:04 PM

not that I know of, but thanks for asking.

Posted by brooklynvegan | August 29, 2005 7:12 PM

uh oh you just got snapped on. e-props blog turf war ensues.

Posted by Miguel | August 29, 2005 8:27 PM

Served, Served, Served!!!

Posted by Robeast | August 29, 2005 10:17 PM

ha. before this goes too far, I can tell u that serkan and I spoke and in fact he was suggesting I check out Loose Record to make my life easier. He was not suggesting that I copy them without credit or anything else devious like that.

Loose Record + BV = BFF

(I know, that's way more boring than a fight)

Posted by brooklynvegan | August 29, 2005 10:31 PM

yeah, i was trying to help. i didn't mean all those horrible things you guys think i meant. so, sorry to bust anyone's bubble, but there is no turf war. i mean, bv came and did a drive by, but me and the loose crew were shooting dice in the cut so nobody got hurt. then we figured it would be better to just form one big gang and just murder EVERYBODY. synergy baby.

Posted by serkan | August 30, 2005 12:21 AM

So no krump-off? Well it's not too, late how about a dance-off as intermission at BMJ?

Posted by Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff | August 30, 2005 12:41 AM

Come see one of the best bands around... The Chromatics from Seattle are on tour, and playing a special unannounced show at Lit this Tuesday August 30 at 10pm. Their new 12" HEALER/WITNESS just came out with production by Johnny from Glass Candy. If you like the new glass candy shit you will probably love this too. Playing with Creeping Nobodies, Discovery andUnit Breed.

Posted by spacedog | August 30, 2005 9:14 AM

Spacedog/spammer, who you tryin get crazy with SA? Don't you know I'm loco?

Posted by herbs | August 30, 2005 11:39 AM

hey brooklynvegan

i'm holidaying in NY and have just returned from the Doveman, The Silent League, King of France, Alec Ounsworth show at the Mercury Lounge

great gig!

the bands just kept getting better (until my personal higlight of King of France)

love your blog!