Posted in music on September 15, 2005

How do you know Sound Team, the band that's opening up for you?
We played with them and the Unicorns. The last time we were on tour we were driving through Texas and we were driving to Dallas, and we were in Waco and our van broke down. So we were stranded, and we called up a friend, and she knew Sound Team, and she called them up. They were kind enough to come and pick us up in the middle of nowhere with all our gear, and then they drove us up to Dallas in time to make it for our show.

Any surprises for your show tomorrow?
I can't really say much. I think it might be a bit different because we have some extra people in town, but I can't say exactly what's going to happen.

* The whole interview at the Village Voice
* Sound Team tells BV Win asked them to play the show
* People speculate Bowie might be a surprise guest

Tags: CMJ

Two of the "extra people" he is almost definetely reffering to are Pietro (French Horn) of Belle Orchestre and Owen (Violin) of Final Fantasty, they both played the Letterman show with Arcade Fire last night (which was great by the way).

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2005 9:27 AM

Will the show go on if the predicted thunderstorm happens?

Posted by sarahoc | September 15, 2005 9:53 AM

Yes the show is rain or shine. It rained earlier this summer during the David Bryne show and it was still a great time!

Posted by danfun | September 15, 2005 10:28 AM

anyone know what time they're going on tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2005 11:32 AM

It's posted to start at 8:55 -but get there early so you can see.

Posted by jerry | September 15, 2005 11:47 AM

One word - Superb!!!!!!!!!! :)

I thought they were fantastic tonight - this show was even better than Webster Hall!

I enjoyed the special guest!

Posted by Renee | September 15, 2005 11:50 PM

Yeah me too! I can't believe Tom Jones played with Arcade Fire! Sex Bomb!

Posted by Neuman | September 16, 2005 1:48 AM

tom jones!@? ha! thats awesome

Posted by Anonymous | September 16, 2005 2:28 AM

The show was amazing beyond belief. Belle Orchestre was cool and Sound Team was alright (though they looked a little tired or something). Arcade Fire was off the hook interplanetary good for the whole show. I had heard the rumors circulating about Bowie being there so I sort of expected him to come out for the big encore set they did. I wasn't dissapointed, god damn! that man is made of pure rock. Unbelievable show, I hope some live recordings surface on the net. The Bowie+Arcade Fire versions of "Queen Bitch" and "Wake Up" were outstanding.

Posted by dbgarf | September 16, 2005 3:57 AM

Hot diggitty dog!! I'm originaly from Montreal, and I must say that if it were not for David Bowie's public heartfelt rantings and sophisticated taste(he's always on the vanguard of what's new and blazingingly good) I would not have heard of the Arcade Fire so early on. What a profound pleasure it is indeed, to witness such an immensely talented group receiveing such worldwide acclaim. Bowie playing Queen Bitch with the band is beyond sublime... Surely it's a veritable slice of heaven.....

Posted by Christine | September 16, 2005 11:28 AM

What a night! What a show! It will take me a while to recover from this one. Bowie put simply;the most artistically accomplished multi-disciplinary, insubordinate innovative artist of modernity... joing forces onstage with a band that he has been "shouting from the rooftops" about collaborating with Arcade Fire,thus far a musical entity that are emerging as the most musically potent thing to happen in pop music in quite some time. Much like Bowie, their work cannot be pigeonholed by style or genre...Long live creative eclecticism.... The joint collaboration on Queen Bitch was incredible!!!

Posted by Maria | September 16, 2005 11:44 AM

Thanks for the tips and links. Very appreciative. Its posts and blogs like these that really do help people. Thank you.

Posted by bootleg movie download | July 29, 2008 9:53 PM