Posted in music on October 8, 2005

WARSAW, BROOKLYN, NY - OCTOBER 7, 2005
The Raveonettes

Tthe Raveonettes played Maxwell's in NJ on October 4th. Some time after their October 5th Boston show, and before their October 7th show at Warsaw in Brooklyn (which they played acoustic), their van and gear were stolen (Brian Jonestown Massacre style). Thanks to Kevin for passing along this note from the band's tour manager:

--------

Ok. So I woke up this morning to find the VAN and Gear stolen.
please pass on. Especially you new york/new jersey people.
The Raveonettes rental van and gear was stolen in brooklyn, ny sometime between 10 pm thursday the 6th and 9 am friday the 7th of october.

all gear was in road cases that say the RAVEONETTES on it. the following was stolen:

Vintge fender jazzmasters and a jag
Vintage Gretch "Chet Atkins"
Rickenbacher bass
Fender p bass
3 Devilles
1 4x12 fender cabe
1 bassman head
a full fender bass rig.
tons of outboard sound gear.
it was in a Red E 350 15 passanger van.

I am so fucked up over this. and going crazy please help if yo ucan.
thanx
Dylan"

-------

full list of gear here.

thx whitestrpsrock for the pic

Previously
The Raveonettes Shows & Music

ugh, that sucks and is happening a lot in brooklyn at the moment. some of my friends had 10G's worth of equipment stolen out of their van and then the week after they stole the van.

Posted by wes | October 8, 2005 1:02 PM

Yep, they ended up playing acoustic but with one electric guitar too. The bassist borrowed the bass from the guy from Radio 4 too. They also had a drum set. I was worried that it would be kinda suck but they blew my mind.

Im a horrible photographer, but I took some pictures here:

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2005 2:08 PM

whitestrpsrock, thanks for the info. Can I use one of your pictures?

Posted by brooklynvegan | October 8, 2005 2:32 PM

yeah, sure!

Posted by whitestrpsrock | October 8, 2005 3:14 PM

thx! post updated

Posted by brooklynvegan | October 8, 2005 3:27 PM

Jeez: Brian Jonestown Massacre, Plastic Constellations, Mahogany, Black Mountain, and now the Raveonettes.

Someone's starting a band. A very big band.

Must be a Canadian.

Posted by J | October 8, 2005 4:00 PM

This is devastating! I hope it doesn't start to freak bands out about playing here.
I guess they just have to be extra cautious.
What a shame!

Posted by camille | October 8, 2005 6:12 PM

please tell me somebody recorded this show.

Posted by travis | October 8, 2005 6:32 PM

Ummm...this isn't Copenhagen. It's Brooklyn.

I wouldn't leave a friggin walkman unattended in my car, let alone, thousands and thousands of dollars of gear. That's not cynicism it's just reality. Next time bring the gear up into the hotel or spring for the parking garage. Personally I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew my vintage guitars were sitting overnight in a van down on Driggs.

Posted by Heth | October 8, 2005 11:36 PM

dont forget the twenty twos, they had their van and all their gear stolen recently

Posted by fact check | October 9, 2005 1:41 AM

and the Decemberists, but that was in Portland

Posted by brooklynvegan | October 9, 2005 1:44 AM

cannot stress enough - the accoustic show was amazing. sad that the equipment is gone, but i dont't think anyone in the audience was disappointed one bit.

Posted by catscratch | October 12, 2005 5:52 PM

jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds jobs for 14 year olds Jessica's Blog jessica Blog joan’s blog jamiechase blog jessicahull blog jenniferhull blog jamie blog Jessicahull's Blog shirleyjones blog jessica blog jessica blog

Posted by Jessicahull's Blog | June 13, 2009 5:54 AM