Posted in music | pictures on November 11, 2005

Art Brut played Mercury Lounge in NYC Thursday night. (November 10, 2005)

Art Brut @ Mercury Lounge

Art Brut @ Mercury Lounge

Tags: Art Brut

nice shots..i'll be seeing them tomorrow at Northsix

Posted by drew | November 11, 2005 1:35 AM

the mustache is dubious heh

Posted by daniel | November 11, 2005 2:14 AM

nice punctuation and capitalization losers by which i mean you dont use any

Posted by Greg | November 11, 2005 2:36 AM

Absurd grammar observations aside; check out the 'hawked barbarian in the third picture from the toip. I think that man was in D.C. Cab.

Posted by Conjunction Junction | November 11, 2005 3:15 AM

Art Brut! Top Of The Pops!

Posted by Slowreader | November 11, 2005 4:36 AM

They were on top form, weren't they?? I can't wait for Northsix now!

Posted by katie | November 11, 2005 4:54 AM

besides the darkness' show at bowery back in 03, this was the most hyped band to actually do it for me. talked to eddie over drinks beforehand and he was surprisingly a nice guy...very likeable...and the show...quite excellent...lots of fun. shame the album was way polished...the singles were much better but the show at mercury was excellent. good work.

Posted by sam | November 11, 2005 8:45 AM

Posted by solace | November 11, 2005 10:03 AM

Arthur Brut and his friends will also be playing on The Cherry Blossom Clinic show on Saturday afternoon on WFMU (91.1 or wfmu.org).

Posted by drewo | November 11, 2005 10:56 AM

David J. of Bauhaus was at the show.

How 'bout that little mohawk dude, huh?

Posted by bill p | November 11, 2005 11:30 AM

Little mohawk dude was pretty annoying. i think he thought he was at a Hatebreed concert, the way he was moshing the whole time. Otherwise, excellent show, but Maxwell's was better!

Posted by jd | November 11, 2005 11:59 AM

The 'Hawked barbarian was the tops. And, nothing in Jerzee could ever be better...

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2005 12:02 PM

"they put on a pretty fun show, saw them in Barcelona in May, only to be outdone by Maximo Park and then both destroyed by Arcade Fire"
"Otherwise, excellent show, but Maxwell's was better!"

Anyone else wanna whip out their dick to prove their concertgoing prowess? For me, it couldn't compare to the time I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan in Reykjavik.

Hooray for the little mohawk'd dude. May his hangover pass swiftly.

Posted by J | November 11, 2005 12:28 PM

You chose to see these guys over The Black Keys at Warsaw. BIG MISTAKE. The Keys blew Warsaw apart. Words cannot describe as the band creeps further up my all time fav list. Top it off with perogies, kielbasa, polish drafts and the usual overly friendly bouncers and you have pure bliss.

The breathalyzer after the show wasn't so much fun though (I passed).

Posted by Chris | November 11, 2005 1:31 PM

I see my self in your picks! Great show I'm still buzzing from it.

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2005 5:12 PM

Massive show! I'm still buzzing from it. Love your pics, I see myself in 2 of them.

Posted by Corncub | November 11, 2005 5:14 PM

the mohawked dude needed to be knocked out.

Posted by Anonymous | November 11, 2005 5:21 PM

i could spend hours looking at photos of the lead singer of that band. he just looks so weird to me. i just can't get a good grasp on it.

Posted by dan | November 11, 2005 7:05 PM

Art Brut was brilliant,
they are real entertainer,
however I found crowd in Northsix
were so obnoxious.
The second band played too long,
but when girls start swearing at the singer
and gave him the finger, it turned me off.
People like that are so ugly.

Posted by Sneakerpimp | November 12, 2005 1:57 AM

i disagree completely.. i dont know who in the world put that second band in that spot between those two amazing groups and i dont know when they decided backstage to play fifteen minute phish/jam band covers but fuck that, they needed to get off the stage and they were COMPLETE assholes to play for so long when it was SO OBVIOUS that no one there was enjoying their music. they were just wasting absolutely everyone's time and threatened to ruin the show. my friend nearly left before art brut! blame your manager and go home to play another day.. they were simply way too out-classed on that bill. that said, i was right up front and holy shit, test-icicles and art brut tore that place apart. never seen so much energy in northsix. what a great show.

Posted by john | November 12, 2005 11:31 AM