Posted in music on March 10, 2006

main stage - Ozzy Osbourne, System of a Down, Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, Hatebreed, and a mystery band who is not Metallica.

second stage - Black Label Society, Atreyu, Unearth, Bleeding Through, Norma Jean, Walls of Jericho, the Red Chord, A Life Once Lost, Strapping Young Lad, All that Remains, Full Blown Chaos, and Between the Buried and Me.

Dates below...

8/9/2006 Raleigh, NC Alltel Pavilion
8/13/2006 West Palm Beach, FL Sound Advice Amphiheatre

Previously
Ozzfest post hits 300 Comments
Kelly Osbourne says Coachella better than Ozzfest
OzzFest 2005 Full Lineup & Dates

The second stage has a lot more metalcore than I would have predicted. Still I won't go, but it's funnny how they didnt even give LA a chance.

Posted by Trevor | March 10, 2006 2:08 PM

FYI, 7/30 is Hartford CT, not CA. That would be one hell of a commute from NY in a day. :)

Posted by Jen | March 10, 2006 2:26 PM

As always the second stage is much, much better then the main stage. I haven't been to Ozzfest since 98 or 99 and I doubt I'll ever be back.

Posted by Matt Saturday | March 10, 2006 2:36 PM

This is such a terrible lineup. All this terrible fashioncore shit clogging up a metal festival. I'd go for the Red Chord and BTBAM though.

Posted by Tom | March 10, 2006 2:49 PM

the mystery band's totally slayer.

Posted by M¢ | March 10, 2006 3:12 PM

Yeah, I'll pass. I can only take so much baggy denim, wallet chains, and clunky shoes

Posted by Mr. Jerk | March 10, 2006 4:37 PM

SLAYER BETTER BE THE MYSTERY BAND BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PLAYING NEAR ME FOR UNHOLY ALLIANCE TOUR.SLAYER FUCKING RULES.

Posted by stevie d | March 14, 2006 12:13 PM

Posted by stevie d | March 14, 2006 12:13 PM

Posted by stevie d | March 14, 2006 12:13 PM

Posted by stevie d | March 14, 2006 12:13 PM

Posted by stevie d | March 14, 2006 12:13 PM

Posted by slayer sucks | March 16, 2006 1:41 PM

Posted by slayer sucks | March 16, 2006 1:42 PM

ok...i dont even like slayer and im not dumb enough to say they arent metal...because they are. And if you think linkin park or papa roach is metal...then you are in some serious need of an classic ozzfest woopin

Posted by doesnt matter | March 16, 2006 6:36 PM

Posted by doesnt matter | March 16, 2006 6:37 PM

Posted by doesnt matter | March 16, 2006 6:37 PM

The whole idea is to see Black Sabbath. And dont feel bad, they never come to Utah.

Posted by Amy | March 17, 2006 10:58 AM

U Guys are a Bunch of fuck nuts its a metal concert and all the bands playing that i see on the line up are M-E-T-A-L Bands, Except Disturbed they are rock, but they still rock so its ok. Slayer is ok not the best, but they are ok and i kinda dont want them at this years Ozzfest we need to give other bands a chance. Also for u idiots who post saying ur not going im glad for u more room for me to see the bands and why are u posting here if ur not going get over ur selfs and shut the fuck up. Linkin Park aint metal they have been there same for Papa.

Posted by Colin | March 19, 2006 11:01 AM

it would be cool to see atreyu on the main stage along with the headliners,i dont want to leave the main stage during S.O.A.D or Disturbed and it fucking sucks that ozzy is only playing 10 shows,i know he's old and wants a break,i just hope he will be at the darrien lake show,its my first ozzfest and my only chance to see ozzy before he stops doing shows.For the secret band,
i would like to see slipknot or Tool

Posted by gary | March 19, 2006 6:39 PM

i forgot to say that they have black label society headlining the "second stage" Whose idea was this,i was looking forward to seeing a whole set from them,if i had to choose between ozzy or system(if ozzy aint there)to complete my ozzfest experience i choose system,but i hope the time frames between stages/bands will let me catch some of it.

Posted by gary | March 19, 2006 6:53 PM

"slayer is the worst band in the world.. i hope an ACTUAL metal band plays, like fucking linkin park or papa roach or some shit..."
Slayer isn't metal" You need to pull your head out of your ass. If it wasn't for the thrash bands like "SLAYER," Metaliica, Megadeth, or Anthrax most of the bands you probably think are "metal" wouldn't even be here. Slayer defines what metal is all about. Go to a Slayer show, in fact, don't go, just sit outside the venue and say Slayer isn't metal or that they suck. See what happens. You wouldn't get the the hospital fast enough you ignorant shit. And another thing. Who are you to say they suck. No band sucks. Well, some do like the yeah yeah yeahs. That's just garbage. But if you don't like them that's fine. But where does that say they suck. Just cause I want to abolish punk music doesn't mean it sucks. I give them the same respect any musician deserves for their own style.

Posted by All-Star | March 20, 2006 11:29 AM

TOOL!!!!

Posted by tam | March 20, 2006 6:18 PM

i think its 50 cent

Posted by wtf mate | March 20, 2006 7:05 PM

fall out boy
fall out boy KILLS slayer
any day of the week my friends
rock is about being young

Posted by franklin | March 20, 2006 8:00 PM

Real metal died with dimebag. Everyone else is just trying to imitate what pantera mastered.

Posted by duke | March 21, 2006 3:00 PM

It would be pretty cool if the secret band was Maiden, but i'm sure that it's not. It would be sick if the secret band was slayer. And for everyone that says they suck and they're not metal, they're one of the best thrash metal band EVER. the one guys right, go to one of their concerts and say that shit

Posted by Rick | March 22, 2006 9:01 AM

YEAH!!! Unholy Alliance Tour is coming north to Edmonton!!! Taste of CHaos is here in April. Atreyu fuking rules!!!
All we need is ozzfest to realize that Edmonton is all about the metal and It would be the greatest summer ever!

What was with that guy and his 'linkin park' or 'papa roach' Bullshit? those are two of my worst hated bands haha - just annoying

Posted by Greg | March 23, 2006 2:52 PM

Posted by Greg | March 23, 2006 2:53 PM

Posted by Greg | March 23, 2006 2:54 PM

slipknot Is HOT!!!!!! Let see some heavy Metal

Posted by Teresa | March 23, 2006 6:57 PM

whats up with ozzfest coming nowhere near texas?its the second fucking largest state in the country and the metal/music scene is insane down here. big whoops

Posted by jess | March 25, 2006 7:17 PM

Posted by jess | March 25, 2006 7:17 PM

Posted by jess | March 25, 2006 7:18 PM

Fuck that mother fucker who wants to see Linkin Park and Papa Roach! We wanna see Ozzfest not a fucking fag show! Any way Tool has to be the mystery band, if not then I will be fucking pissed! If they are there then boys and girls we are in for one HELL of a FUCKING OZZFEST!!!

Posted by JaS | March 27, 2006 2:17 PM

Posted by JaS | March 27, 2006 2:18 PM

Hey, idiots. Ozzfest is coming to shertz, just outside of San Antonio. Oh, and the mystery band is totally mudvayne

Posted by Jarrod | March 28, 2006 9:26 PM

My god...I am so determinded to go to ozzfest! I'd be there for disturbed (i'm obsessed) but i'm trying with everything i got to go!

just wanted to say ... I FUCKING LOVE OZZFEST! AND I FUCKING LOVE DISTURBED!

Posted by lilshorrty0507 | March 28, 2006 10:25 PM

Ozzfest has had some pretty terrible years, but everyone should recollect and think of all the awesome bands that have been brought to town by the Osbournes. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Superjoint Ritual, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Godsmack, Disturbed, Black Sabbath, Slayer, and Black Label Society amongst others.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate some of the stupid shit they bring too, like System of a Down, Adema, Linkin Park, Primus, and Crazy Town, but let's face it guys.. this was our alternative to Lollapalooza. Now we may have some shitty bands from time to time on Ozzfest, but at least we don't have to sit through a whole fucking evening of Jane's Addiction, Green Day, and fuckin' Incubus. This has at least been a fairly consistent rock concert with some pretty good bands, teamed with the occassional shit band that sucked their way to the second, or main stage.

I'd much rather drink some $8.00 beers and find a spot in the shade to chill while the shitty bands played at Ozzfest than to spend one fuckin' minute at a Jay Z, Beyonce, P. Diddy, or fuckin' Green Day concert.

If it was up to me, though, I'd just bring back Dime and listen to 15 straight hours of Pan-fuckin-tera. We can't have that, though, so settle for whatever you can get, you crybaby bitches.

Posted by Baz | March 29, 2006 12:37 PM

you guys are all wrong, i hope the mystery band is fucking metallica,they fucking rule.and for that idiot who said that linking park and papa roach are metal better check your head cause there something wrong with you.

Posted by john | March 30, 2006 7:10 AM

Posted by john | March 30, 2006 7:11 AM

Posted by john | March 30, 2006 7:11 AM

Ok. There is nothing wrong with any of the fuckin bands playing this year. If anyone is pissed at the second stage this year shouldn't give a shit cuz its called a second stage for a reason. bottom line..if your gonna go to ozzfest no matter what bands play your gonna have a good time.So quit bitchin!

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2006 1:59 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2006 2:00 PM

Mudvayne boys and Girls i bet its going to be Mudvayne as the mystery band Thats all for now

Posted by Sir Dan | March 30, 2006 3:26 PM

Man it better not be mudvayne, when i went last year, their slot just dragged dude, not even weed made it any good, FUCK Mudvayne, and the secret band is NOT metallica, they're making a new album in july

Posted by Rick | March 31, 2006 11:20 AM

Who wouldn't want to see TOOL.It would be fucking wicked if they are the mystery band.Alot of people would agree that having them at ozzfest would be great.Come on people!It's fuking TOOL.I know that if they were the mystery band nobody will complain.Who doesnt like TOOL

Posted by gary | March 31, 2006 1:15 PM

tool!!!

Posted by adam jones rules | March 31, 2006 3:41 PM

please let it be static-x!!! am i the only one who wants to see them?

Posted by leclere68 | March 31, 2006 9:06 PM

My Uncle Works the stage setup for ozzfest and he said he overheard them speaking and the mystery band is motley crue.

Posted by rob | April 2, 2006 9:49 PM

motley

Posted by dean | April 2, 2006 9:50 PM

EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP..U DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT..AT ALL..YOU KNOW NOTHING OF METAL..LINKIN PARK AND PAPA ROACH ARE OF THE GENRE WE KNOW AS 'RAP METAL' WHICH DIED ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO WITH LIMP BIZKIT. SLAYER IS TOURING THIS SUMMER SO THAT RULES THEM OUT...ACCORDING TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I BELIEVE IT'S GOING TO BE ALICE IN CHAINS (WITH NEW SINGER OF COURSE)..MAYNARD FROM TOOL IS SAID TO HAVE BEEN JAMMING WITH THE GUYS..ALSO JERRY CANTRELL MAY ASSUME THE LEAD SINGING ROLE

Posted by kent | April 2, 2006 11:30 PM

Posted by kent | April 2, 2006 11:30 PM

Posted by kent | April 2, 2006 11:32 PM

Posted by kent | April 2, 2006 11:32 PM

TOOL!!!!!!

PLEASE BE TOOL

I heard a rumor it will be avenged sevenfold, and I fucking hope so bad its not. Tool would make this an amazing ozzfest...I cant really think of any other band that would help this lineup.

Posted by eddie | April 3, 2006 12:03 AM

All i got to say Is i totally agree with everyone against papa roach and linkin park. they are good at what they do but not my bag. As for Mudvayne, they and metallica are recording new cd's. That rules them out. Slayer has the unholy alliance (which im spending my ozzfest ticket $ on), tool would totaly make my day. If they were put on the bill I would totally endure all these metalcore bands that all sounds the same to see them. If its true Alice in chains are coming back wel same goes for them as tool. I highly doubt Maynard would take over vocals. He did do a amazing rendition of man in the box with them but it was a one night thing. If homeboy that more then likly is lying and is right about motley crue.....well I think its safe to say all the original ozzfest goers are doomed to never go again. In my eyes i believe 03 was the last truly amazing ozzfest.04 had same great bands too like lamb of god but too much hardcore shit like atreyu and bleeding thru. Dont get me wrong i won;t mind watching them only for the hot ass chick keyboard player. If avenged sevenfold agree...Well i know sumpin about them and this festival becuase M.fucking Shadows (singer) is my fucking cousin. So let me tell you pray for tool or alice in chains.

Posted by Steve | April 3, 2006 11:48 AM

I hope the mystery band is either Godsmack, Iron maiden or Judas Priest now that would be great

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:48 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:51 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:51 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:51 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:57 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:57 PM

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2006 12:57 PM

Hey everyhone just know that "papa roach man" is a sissy and needs some good metal in his life who agrees??? anyway it would be awesome to see shadows fall there that would make my day

Posted by brian | April 3, 2006 3:21 PM

Posted by brian | April 3, 2006 3:21 PM

Posted by brian | April 3, 2006 3:24 PM

Posted by brian | April 3, 2006 3:24 PM

It's not tool cause they are in europe in july. Its not metallica cause they are in the studio in july. I seriously doubt its slayer just cause they are doing another tour this summer. Mudvayne and Korn are just getting off a monster tour, and I dont know about rammstein, theres no dates for any tours on their website. It wont be papa or linkin park because they both fucking suck and sold out years ago.
I think logical possibilities are Guns-n-roses, who are back together and touring in europe right now, maybe megadeth, and there are sme ac/dc rumors floating around out there also. That would fucking rock because even though they aren't metal, they rock hardcore and never sold out to anybody."rock and roll ain't noise pollution" Thats all, peace.

Posted by ozzfestrules | April 4, 2006 2:08 AM

The mystery band is probably going to be something like Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom or Rammstein for mainstage. CoF and Rammstein both have new albums either out or about to be, and CoB was actually posting that they would do Ozzfest if asked. Wouldn't be a damn bit surprised to see any of those three.

Second stage mystery band is Avenged Sevenfold I believe, they were really in talks with the Osbournes, surprised they weren't on the beginning lineup.

Posted by eclisis159 | April 5, 2006 7:15 PM

static-x played second stage in 99' they have a new album and they fucking kick ass!!! Also acceptable would be sevendust who has also played ozzfest before. not to mention detroit rock city better see ozzy!! our ozzfest is sold out due to the belief he will not miss detroit.

Posted by leclere68 | April 5, 2006 7:30 PM

Posted by leclere68 | April 5, 2006 7:33 PM

Okay, first of all.
The first date on the tour is Seattle, Washington, 6/29. I would know because I live in Seattle.
Second, I think it would be great to see Lamb of God play the main stage if they're not on the second stage.

Posted by SOAD.CORE | April 5, 2006 11:07 PM

that guy needs to get hurt. slayer not metal? I'm not even a big slayer fan and i had to defend them, dude they define metal. And as for papa roach i wouldn't know i always find something else to do when they come on stage cuz they suck, and i was backstage a few years ago when linkin park and crazy town got in a fight about who was the bigger bitch band. If crazy town calls you a bitch band you know you're not metal. For the fallout boy guy....no comment it's too easy. I've been hearing rumors around boston that our hometown boys Godsmack is the mystery band but i doubt it, i also heard what you guys are saying, tool, metallica, mudvayne, and slipknot, but then the other day i heard nine inch nails so i have no idea. mudvayne or slipknot would be cool if the mystery band is playing on the second stage cuz they always put on a good moshing show and you can't mosh at the first stage in boston, there's no room, no moshing to hatebreed, I'm pissed!

Posted by bill | April 10, 2006 9:18 AM

Posted by bill | April 10, 2006 9:18 AM

Posted by bill | April 10, 2006 9:19 AM

i would be greatly satisfied if it was alice in chains or tool..

Posted by jake | April 11, 2006 12:38 PM

the mystery band should be KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2006 3:40 PM

It should be fucking KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah linkin park is for pussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2006 3:42 PM

LINKIN PARK IS FOR PUSSIES

Posted by Anonymous | April 11, 2006 3:46 PM

how much are tickits for VA beach?

Posted by nathan | April 16, 2006 8:55 PM

I think it definately has to be The Black Dahlia Murder because they are amazing, and they would be an awesome follow up of The red chord and BTBAM, so i tihnk it needs to be them definately,, i would rather see them than linkin park or papa roach because they suck,,,,,, aND FALL OUT BOY?!, CUMMON MAN , I MEAN YAH UR RIGHT, ROCK IS ABOUT BEING YOUNG, AND ALSO BEING ABLE TO PLAY GOOD MUSIC, I MEAN CUMMON, THEY SUCK MAJOR DICK, AND LIKE THEY WILL EVER BE AT AN OZZFEST, HAHAHHA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH I MEAN CUMMON, , definately black dahlia murder

Posted by sam | April 17, 2006 10:31 PM

Posted by sam | April 17, 2006 10:31 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!
not likin park b/c there a huge total fags in a half!!! or i at least hope tool will be there too!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:21 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:21 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:28 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:28 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:28 PM

i hope korn will be there!!! b/c they kick ass!!!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:28 PM

pls let it b korn or at least tool!!

Posted by LeighAnn | April 20, 2006 3:36 PM

What the fuck are you guys saying about the true metal band that has been playing since you were swimming around in you're dads nut-sack. you pussies dont know shit about metal! Fuck linkin Park and all the other pussy bands, the unholy alliance tour will tear it up this summer while you bitches liten to some bullshit hurtin toons while we mosh the fuck out and enjoy our-selves!!!!
FUCK ALL YOU SLAYER HATING BITCHES AND SUCK A FAT DICK!!!!

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:33 PM

FUCK ALL YOU SLAYER HATING BITCHES AND SUCK A FAT DICK!!!!

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:33 PM

What the fuck are you guys saying about the true metal band that has been playing since you were swimming around in you're dads nut-sack. you pussy's dont know shit about metal! Fuk linkin Park and all the other gay bands, the unholy alliance tour will tear it up this summer while you biches liten to some bullshitt hurtin toons while we mosh the fuk out and enjoy our-selves!!!!

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:37 PM

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:37 PM

What the fuk are you guys saying about the true metal band that has been playing since you were swimming around in you're dads nut-sack. you pussy's dont know shit about metal! Fuk linkin Park and all the other gay bands, the unholy alliance tour will tear it up this summer while you biches liten to some bullshitt hurtin toons while we mosh the fuk out and enjoy our-selves!!!!

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:38 PM

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:38 PM

Posted by Slayers-the-shit | April 24, 2006 1:39 PM

What the fuk are you guys saying about the true metal band that has been playing since you were swimming around in you're dads nutsack. you pussy's dont know shit about metal! Fuk linkin Park and all the other gay bands, the unholy alliance tour will tear it up this summer while you biches liten to some bullshitt hurtin toons while we mosh the fuk out and enjoy our-selves!!!!

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:40 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:41 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:41 PM

What the fuk are you guys saying about the true metal band that has been playing since you were swimming around in you're dads nutsack. you pussy's dont know shit about metal! Fuk linkin Park and all the other gay bands, the unholy alliance tour will tear it up this summer while you biches liten to some bulls#it hurtin toons while we mosh the fuk out and enjoy our-selves!!!!

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:42 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:43 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:45 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:45 PM

Posted by Slayer666 | April 24, 2006 1:45 PM

dude.. last time I checked, Korn sucked and Tool wasn't any better.. Okay, to the guy that said if it wasn't for Slayer, we wouldn't have Megadeath, Metallica, Anthrax, etc.. Well, he's fucking lying. Metallica and Slayer were formed the same year... ugh.. but damn, it would've been so much better if Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and all of those guys were in it.. is this years ozzfest the last one ozzy's going to be perfoming in?

Posted by Jo | April 24, 2006 8:36 PM

I doubt Slayer would be big news since thet have already done ozzfest.

Posted by Beast | April 25, 2006 1:56 AM

I doubt Slayer would be big news since thet have already done ozzfest.

Posted by Beast | April 25, 2006 1:57 AM

I can't believe not one of you guys have said cradle of filth yet. main stage is fucking retarded to the max this year... they need an actual nowadays metal band not some dum shit like disturbed. wtf. everyone on seconds stage is cool and everything except for BLS... but we need some of the newer metal represented on main stage + cradle of filth never went on main stage they were onyl on 2nd in 2003.

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:38 PM

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:38 PM

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:38 PM

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:39 PM

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:39 PM

Posted by Kick me Kyle | April 25, 2006 7:44 PM

God what is this about. Last years fest was the best I can ever remember. Now this year we have a huge amount of metalcore. Nothing pisses me off more than metalcore or nu metal and what do we get. Fuck Ozzy and Black Label Society Atreyu Lacuna coil Disturbed and SOAD. But if the mystery band was Opeth I would love it. Maybe they can have In Flames return from last year. Something oh something has to be better than this goddamn lineup.

Posted by nate | April 25, 2006 9:16 PM

Everyone quit your bitching,if you dont like disturbed,soad etc... then dont go to the show, people that pay to go want to go,and its going to be a good with or without ozzy there.everyone thats putting down the lineup should go on another website and bitch,the lineup is set,you dont like it too bad,dont go to ozzfest and shut up.to the people that rewrite the same posting 4-6 times STOP!its annoying.

Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2006 6:52 PM

Does anybody know the shows that ozzy will be playing at?

Posted by Anonymous | April 26, 2006 6:56 PM

Okay, Tool is touring, I have a lot of friends with tickets. I doubt Iron Maiden will do it this year given all the problems that arose last year. Mudvayne was the mystery band last year, Ozzy won't do the same mystery band 2 years in a row. Metal fans usually research their info before they start running their mouths off about good bands, so the fag who said Papa Roach and Linkin Park should do it are wrong. We have to think the fad of the week here, because let's face it, Main stage has been Fad of the Week for a few years now. Opeth would be amazing, and is actually likely. Same with Cradle of Filth. However, everyone's really tight-lipped about it, so chances are there are going to be a lot of disappointed metal fans once again. It will probably be something no one is expecting, someone people will pay to see because they're what's cool now, and obviously something major if BLS was bumped to second stage... all we can do is hope that Ozzy did something right this year when he decided on who the mystery band will be, and on May 23rd, all rumors will be laid to rest...

Posted by Me | May 1, 2006 5:33 PM

Posted by Me | May 1, 2006 5:34 PM

oK OZZFEST IS ALL FUCKIN METALCORE THIS YEAR SINCE SHARON AN HER BITCH ASS LINEUP... I MITE GO JUS FOR THE HELL OF IT BUT ID MUCH RATHER SEE FUCKIN SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER

Posted by Me | May 3, 2006 3:33 PM

Posted by satan | May 3, 2006 3:34 PM

Posted by satan | May 3, 2006 3:35 PM

SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGRUND IS A WAY FUCKIN BETTER LINE UP THEN OZZFEST...you got killswitch engag(fuckin badass), as i lay dying)fuckin badass), trivium(fuckin badass), in flames(yet again, fuckin badass), cannibal corpse, gwar( dont give a shit bout them) among others...still goin to ozzfest but im lookin forward to sounds of the underground alot more

Posted by molineaux | May 4, 2006 9:58 AM

Posted by molineaux | May 4, 2006 9:58 AM

Posted by molineaux | May 4, 2006 10:00 AM

Posted by molineaux | May 4, 2006 10:00 AM

i heard the mystery band might be marilyn manson

Posted by system of your mom | May 7, 2006 9:51 PM

I'd like to see Children of Bodom, but they're on the Unholy Alliance.

Also, why the fuck is Atreyu playing at all? Didn't one of those guys say something like, "Fuck Ozzy, he sucks."? Plus, their shitty. Here's to holding out for Black Dahlia Murder.

Posted by Ronny Hell | May 8, 2006 10:11 PM

I'd like to see Children of Bodom, but they're on the Unholy Alliance.

Also, why the fuck is Atreyu playing at all? Didn't one of those guys say something like, "Fuck Ozzy, he sucks."? Plus, they're shitty. Here's to holding out for Black Dahlia Murder.

Posted by Ronny Hell | May 8, 2006 10:12 PM

i hope it's slpiknot. And y arent they coming to alb. new mexico . nothing!!Shit !

Posted by loser | May 9, 2006 11:49 AM

its prolly going to be Mudvayne...I talked to Joey Jordison and he said both Mudvayne and Slipknot have a contract with Ozzfest but don't know who is going...But I think Slipknot might have turned Ozzfest down...

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:00 PM

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:04 PM

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:04 PM

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:06 PM

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:06 PM

Posted by MetallicA04 | May 9, 2006 12:10 PM

Mystery Band? MARILYN MANSON or GODSMACK baby...you'll see.

Posted by Jimbo | May 11, 2006 3:26 AM

Mystery Band? MARILYN MANSON or GODSMACK baby...you'll see.

Posted by Jimbo | May 11, 2006 3:27 AM

The secret band should be either Ill Nino, Godsmack, Silent Civilian, Rob Zombie, Soilwork, Mudvayne, or Soil.

Posted by Big Bry | May 11, 2006 12:50 PM

Godsmack sucks.

And you're a fag if you listen to Fall Out Boy.

Won't be Tool, they're on a damn tour. You guys are stupid. Hope it's not Rob Zombie, saw him last year and I lost a lot of respect for him after fuckin' Foxy Foxy.....

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2006 2:24 PM

Godsmack sucks.

And you're a fag if you listen to Fall Out Boy.

Posted by Anonymous | May 11, 2006 2:25 PM

it would be awesome if the mystery band is marilyn manson!
he's better than all of the other bands put together!!!!

Posted by MM | May 11, 2006 11:07 PM

The mystery band should be As I Lay Dying =)

Posted by Matt | May 12, 2006 11:22 AM

ILL NINO or Prospect Hill!!!!!!!! Thats all I have to say for the mystery band!

Posted by Anonymous | May 12, 2006 4:03 PM

its not tool, there in europe, metallica is working on an album, slayer already said that unholy alliance is a alternative to ozzfest, i heard a rumor saying it would be sepultura with max come back on vocals just for the tour, but that is seeming very unlikely because both sepultura and soulfly are going overseas right up to the begining of july. korn is doing family values, mudvayne is taking a break, so they say. cradle of filth is doing a lot of festivals in europe. besides them it could be anyone, but i keep hearing the unfortunate rumor that it will be avenged sevenfold. i have nothing against them, but there not worthy of all this suspense

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2006 3:44 PM

hope it is static-x,seen them every tour and they throw one hell of a show.fuck a bunch of papa roach they suck ass!!!!!!!

Posted by pniese74 | May 17, 2006 7:12 PM

Posted by pniese74 | May 17, 2006 7:13 PM

Its tool

Posted by ADAM | May 17, 2006 7:34 PM

This is definate! Avenged Sevenfold was just announced as the Ozzfest 2006 Mystery Band. This is true. http://www.ozzfest.com/bands.html

Posted by Metal Fan | May 19, 2006 12:17 AM

Posted by Metal Fan | May 19, 2006 12:17 AM

the only bands even worth seeing are BTBAM & Red Chord.

and WHY would they make A7X the mystery band. that's just stupid.

Posted by jen | May 31, 2006 4:33 PM

killsomething2@hotmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2006 4:00 PM

well fallout boy is gay. i cant wait for this years ozzfest the lineup kicks ass! and does ne one kno if ozzy is playing columbus??? avenged sevenfold rocks and i cant wait to see them. i think at this years ozzfest they should do something in the memory of dimebad darrel like have ozzy sing a pantera song. i hope to see all u crazy ass mother fuckers out there.

Posted by Tyler | June 14, 2006 12:39 AM

ok jackasses its been announced the band is mudvayne and has been wasnt ever a mystery as for ur petty little arguments wahhhhaaaa i spit on you go kill yourself emo kids and dont forget to bring ur girl pants to hell with you

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2006 4:29 AM

Slayer is Fuckin awsome and if you think that linkin park or even Papa roach is metal then you need to get a fuckin life and a brain

Posted by Daledoe | June 29, 2006 1:07 AM

WERE IS ALL THE DEATH METAL ALL U GOT THIS YEAR IS A BUNCH OF GAYZ!!!!!

Posted by CODY | July 6, 2006 1:18 AM

SLAYER BETTER BE THE MISTRY BAND

Posted by CODY | July 6, 2006 1:19 AM

SLAYER BETTER BE THE MISTRY BAND

Posted by CODY | July 6, 2006 1:20 AM

Ozzy adds Buffalo to his tour,im going to see him after all,hes headlining the second stage and i hope it wont stop me from seeing S.O.A.D on the main stage,i read that Ozzy will play in the daylight so i guess the second stage ends early,but with so many bands on the second stage i dont see how its going to work.I hope that i get to see a whole Ozzy set and still get to see system and disturbed

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2006 12:08 AM

well all i have to say is that you guys suck, way to hard for ur own good and im going to ozzfest nomatter whos playin and if it pisses u off, then im happy , bunch of fuckin retards

Posted by Anonymous | July 15, 2006 12:55 PM

Avenged Sevenfold is the Mystery Band.........

Posted by Ann | July 17, 2006 12:15 PM

The bands that should be on ozzfest are... morbid angel,children of bodom,behemoth, slipknot,mayhean cannibal corpse, dying fetus, nile,lamb of god,korpikaani,mesugga, metallica,superjoint ritual, down,damage plan,and opeth. this would kick ass bitches and im a hot bitch so i should know

Posted by Gaby the bitch | July 27, 2006 2:56 PM

Posted by Gaby the bitch | July 27, 2006 2:56 PM

Posted by Gaby the bitch | July 27, 2006 2:57 PM

Posted by Gaby the bitch | July 27, 2006 2:57 PM

the mystery band is godsmack they said it on head bangers ball

Posted by anthony | July 28, 2006 9:40 PM

I hope Realy that they came to holland for one Time!!! there are many many of fans here!!!!

plaese came one time to holland?????

The ozzfest is so amazing good!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2006 3:32 PM

plaese came one time to holland?????

The ozzfest is so amazing good!!!

Posted by Ron | October 12, 2006 3:33 PM

plaese came one time to holland?????

The ozzfest is so amazing good!!!

Posted by Ron | October 12, 2006 3:34 PM

is anyone goin to oxegen i heard that slipknot is the band there and by the muvayne korn or linkin park or papa roach is and defo not goin to be "SLAYER" hit dfo gonna be slipknot they rule and ozzfest i hope comes to the gold coast

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2006 1:25 PM

i love FUCKIN SLIKNOT

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2006 1:27 PM

is anyone goin to oxeygen i heard that slipknots the mystery band there and by the way the mystery band at ozzfest is not mudvayne not linkin park korn tool or papa roach the mystery band at ozzfest is defo
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot
slipnot

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2006 1:33 PM

ozzfest is a pop festival, 99% of bands there r mallcore.btw korn slipknot mudvayne and linkin park etc. r also mallcore not metal u posers. sounds isnt much better either just gay mtv-etal core. unholy alliance is real metal tour. DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 16, 2007 9:35 PM

Real metal died along time ago...now everyone is trying to recreate pearl jam,,, guns and roses,,metalica and acdc...hopefully the mystery band has some soul and isnt some shitty band that thinks their metal

Posted by Brittany Morgan | February 21, 2007 10:50 AM

So far for the Mystery band people have come up with :
Mudvayne, Slayer, Slipknot, Korn, Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold,