Posted in music on March 13, 2006

TBLLT @ R&R | MARCH 10, 2006
Boy Least Likely To EverBoy Least Likely To Ever

"THE BOY LEAST LIKELY TO’s album is called The Best Party Ever, and after this show, I understand why. I’m not sure words can express the childlike joy I felt during this gig, but I’ll give it a try." [The Big Takeover]

Above photos from Village Indian.

Previously
Vegan cupcakes rule, R&R rocks, Best of NY
The Boy Least Likely To - on Sale
The Boy Least Likely To - still headlining in NYC
The Boy Least Likely To | Touring with James Blunt

yeah they were a lot of fun live, although the sound was pretty crappy the first 1/2 of their set...

Posted by mike | March 13, 2006 1:06 PM

another review up on the music slut!

Posted by matt | March 13, 2006 1:40 PM

Wasn't feeling well enough to make it out to R&R, but I did go see Rob Dickinson at Southpaw (since it's close to home). I'm usually not a fan of acoustic shows -- unless the songs were written for and originally recorded on acoustic guitar. But, it was a really good show. Mostly new songs, which fared really well compared to the few old, beloved Catherine Wheel tunes he played.

Posted by Glenn | March 13, 2006 1:43 PM

I agree, mike. If they are going to make us stand there without an opener, at least they might have had a proper soundcheck. And by "proper", I don't mean the first half of the dang set. Other than that, the band and crowd were great.

Posted by jerry | March 13, 2006 2:16 PM

The delight that these boys evoke is contagious indeed, but sadly the show was a disappointment for me. As we've all discussed, the lack of a decent sound check proved to be the demise of the show. I'm hoping that they'll fare better in Austin.

Posted by Rebecca | March 13, 2006 3:06 PM

I agree that is was a fun show too - so much joyous fist pumping indie pop action! (no "indie wimps" here!) but I was just tired out from waiting so long:

BLLT MySpace: doors @ 8:00
R&R website: doors @ 8:30
ACTUALLY door time: a little past *9:30*
start time: at least *11:15!*

Oh and having my physical space violated by fanatical female fans who screeched every lyric right in my ear wasn't too fun either, but the pure happiness radiating from BLLT was just so palpable and infectious that I couldn't help but smile the whole time. I'm really glad that they got such a warm welcome!

Posted by sweet bibi | March 13, 2006 5:00 PM

The band was good. The sound was horrible. There's no excuse for that especially when the band goes on an hour late. Coordination as far as letting people in was the worst. Why did everyone on the press list have to wait so long? Everyone with tickets got in first, and then we all had to wait for a while. The event coordinator did an awful job, letting people in randomly, rather than based on who was on the line first. By the time I got in, It was so crowded that I couldn't get anywhere near the front to take photos.

Posted by Jonny Leather | March 13, 2006 5:17 PM

Posted by Jonny Leather | March 13, 2006 5:18 PM

This is the worst "venue" I've ever been to. The show started three hours late. The sound was terrible and the people working there were wankers.

As we were waiting in line someone drove by and screamed out thier window; "that place sucks!" True dat. I also didn't like how one of the band members kept dishing on one of the other members.

Least twee show ever!

Posted by Joe | March 13, 2006 5:19 PM

Posted by Jonny Leather | March 13, 2006 5:20 PM

sick of faggy band names

Posted by frannie | March 13, 2006 9:21 PM

faggy band names? eh, not quite. but R&R is such a shit venue. I was confused by the different start times given, so i called the venue and they said it'd start at 9:30. Well, what everyone else is saying is true- fuck that venue.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2006 9:30 PM

regarding the sound check - the woman outside checking tickets..........gave the impression that the band had been there since like 7pm and after 9 they hadn't even done a sound check yet...so sound problems may not have been entirely the club's fault...they must have been too busy practicing their jokes

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2006 11:06 PM

I have never come so close to wanting to shoot someone in the face. the girl "handling" the line outside of r&r was horrible at her job (as previous posts have pointed out). from the start of the evening, when there were just a handful of people waiting outside, she was ridiculously rude. the club sucked something fierce (we left our gum on the leather chairs and encourage others to wreak similar havoc on the place). the sound was garbage at the start of the set. i couldn't say how things ended, because we left about two songs in. i like tbllt, but it's hard to listen to music that sounds like sunshine, when all you want to do is stab someone and watch them bleed.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2006 12:26 PM