Posted in music | pictures on June 15, 2006

Maceo Parker & PRince @ Prospect Park

I really was going to stay in Thursday night (June 15, 2006) - it was a long week already. But the prospect of laying out on a blanket under the stars (well you can't see them, but I know they're there) while listening to Maceo Parker and band was too irresistable, so I headed to Prospect Park for the opening night of the Celebrate Brooklyn! free concert series, and set up back behind the gate where there was plenty of room. I couldn't see the show, but it sounded just fine. Of course I couldn't resist getting some photos, so a few songs before the end I worked my way in the gate and through the huge crowd.

Maceo Parker & PRince @ Prospect Park

It was hard - the place was packed. When the show ended I worked my way back out. Then the encore started right about the time I got back to my blanket, and suddenly there was A LOUD ROAR. Everyone was going nuts. Somebody special was obviously on stage. I ran back to the fence and saw a lady in orange.

Maceo Parker & PRince @ Prospect Park

I wasn't sure who it was until I finally figured out there was a man in white to her left. Even from however-many-feet back I was, I knew immediately it was none other than Prince. That's when I realized the lady was Tamar - the singer he's been pimpin' for the past year (remember the Nokia Theatre show?). My pics of Prince are so-so, so thanks Noel Mendez for sending me this much clearer one....

Maceo Parker & PRince @ Prospect Park

The encore was just one song - not really that exciting, except well, IT WAS PRINCE....

Maceo Parker & PRince @ Prospect Park

If anyone really thought about, they probably figured out Prince would be there. Prince and Maceo play together all the time. Three days before this show Prince was in Manhattan to play the Webbys, and Prince is/was scheduled to play in Bryant Park for Good Morning America on Friday Morning.

Previously
Maceo Parker 2006 Tour Dates | Celebrate Brooklyn!
Wu-Tang in CT | Prince & Tamar in NYC

When is the Prince bryant park show?

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2006 12:57 AM

7 am today.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2006 1:00 AM

do u need a tkt for the bryant park show?

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2006 1:20 AM

Glad to see my 17 month old let me go to this show. Maceo was incredible. And the little Prince surprise was awfully kind of his royal purpleness.

Posted by Jamon Con Queso | June 16, 2006 8:20 AM

Just got back from the Bryant Park show. It is a bit weird to see Prince and then go to work. Overall a very good three song set minus some really annoying dancers.

Posted by a.d. | June 16, 2006 9:43 AM

Hey Brooklyn Vegan, Can you come to the Brooklyn Blog Fest on June 22 at the Old Stone House in Park Slope. Fifth Avenue btw. 3rd and 4th streets. Check out OTBKB.com for info. We'd love to have you there. You are also invited to speak - lots of Brooklyn bloggers will be there. Let me know.

Posted by Louise Crawford | June 16, 2006 9:46 AM

I got tipped off that Prince would be there but it was great to surprise my friends that I invited.

Posted by DrunkenMouse | June 16, 2006 9:59 AM

Prince rocked my face off last night.

Posted by woodenlunch | June 16, 2006 10:38 AM

It was a suprise encore performance!! Well attended and the crowd was alive indeed, never see a star strolled out onto a stage like Prince did even Michael Jackson can't top that! (so to speak) very short funk, two songs, Prince was clean do not recognized the songs also that Prince perform but, they was good. "The Prince Man have class".

Posted by Sylbern Edwards | June 16, 2006 11:16 AM

What a great night at Celebrate Brooklyn. It makes me feel like Brooklyn has really "arrived". Can't wait to see Los Lonely Boys at the Bandshell on June 22nd!

Posted by DeeDee | June 17, 2006 9:11 AM

businesscardsshop,Business Card Templates,free business card templatesBusiness Card Design,creates additional design potentialFree Business Card Templates,more on yahooBusiness Card Printing,create then print your cardBusiness Card Software,applications and solutions introducedBusiness Card Size,more on googleBusiness Card Case,your accessories with this blueprint penBusiness Card Scanner,across the Web and read CardScanBusiness Card Maker,more info in msnBusiness Card Magnets,the perfect size and priceBusiness Card, the highest quality cardBusiness Credit Card,built for all businessCd Business Card,detailed information about Business Card Holder,more in yahooSmall Business Credit Card,for allBusiness Card Cdr,dvd+r Blank dvd bulkCustom Business Cards,you want a unique lookCreate Business Cards,a professional and memorableSample Business Card,design and printing by ProfessionalFree Printable Business Cards,Design Business Cards,more in googleBusiness Cards Online,providing for youPrint Business Cards,the latest equipmentCheap Business Cards,for your workProfessional Taste Business Cards,managing by a professional

Posted by businesscardsshop | September 19, 2006 7:43 AM

Health

Posted by Health | September 27, 2006 3:19 PM

good site

Posted by aishwarya rai | October 19, 2006 4:49 PM

Prince rocked my face off last night.

Posted by Pozycjonowanie | October 27, 2006 8:33 AM

Workout music to get pumped up

Posted by considerable | March 21, 2007 4:03 PM

Very interresting article. Can I translate it and insert into my webpage?

Posted by article website | April 13, 2007 6:16 AM

Posted by Anna | July 15, 2007 9:54 AM

Produkcja regałów

Posted by Regały jezdne | September 8, 2007 8:57 AM

Good idea! Best regards.

Posted by bilard | May 9, 2008 12:24 PM

Great and excellent article it’s realy helpful. Thanks again.

Posted by bilard | May 18, 2008 10:46 AM

Good job, Congratulation! Very interesing site.

Posted by przepisy kulinarne | June 2, 2008 6:40 AM

Cool fun. Like me. Thanks.
I like to cook very at home. Greetings from Poland.

Posted by przepisy kulinarne | October 14, 2008 10:41 AM

Thank you for the useful informations.

Posted by wesele | October 28, 2008 7:36 AM

This is a awesome article.

Posted by fotografia slubna bielsko | April 13, 2009 6:08 AM

great news! thx a lot!

Posted by psycholog online | September 7, 2009 3:50 PM

indeed these a great words of wisdom!

Posted by fotograf slubny | September 7, 2009 3:51 PM

Prince rocked my face off last night.

Posted by fotografia ślubna | January 2, 2010 10:44 AM

Very intresting informations ! good and easy to navigate site too ! I think, one of the most interesting blogs.

Posted by Kursy BHP Warszawa | November 8, 2010 6:07 AM

Thx, btw take a look http://goodvillenews.com/4-Practical-Ways-to-Increase-Your-Emotional-Intelligence-YW32IM.html - good, positive news, inspirational stories and articles , see you. In the last decade or so, science has discovered a tremendous amount about the role emotions play in our lives. Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and abilities to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life, including family relationships. ~John Gottman

Posted by Christopher Rogers | January 25, 2013 12:26 AM