Posted in music on December 18, 2006

RAINER MARIA's LAST SHOW @ NORTHSIX, BROOKLYN, NY | DEC 17, 2006 (CRED)
Rainer Maria @ Northsix

"Rainer Maria were an indie rock band originally from Madison, Wisconsin, later residing in Brooklyn, New York" [Wikipedia]

Previously
Rainer Maria added 3rd & final show (@ Northsix)

Tags: Rainer Maria

Pincoushin
Breakfast of Champions

Catastrophe
The Contents of Lincoln's Pockets
Tinfoil

Posted by Philly setlist | December 18, 2006 4:33 PM

anyone have the setlist from last night? i was there and it was definitely a different order, those most of the same songs, from the other two nights...

Posted by noel | December 18, 2006 4:46 PM

Boo. I really liked them.

Posted by Leah | December 18, 2006 7:17 PM

I had to go to the Bowery show for a date and let me tell you...

I fucking hate Rainer Maria.

Posted by Shaq-Fu | December 18, 2006 7:53 PM

Shaq-Fu, I take it you didn't get laid afterwards.

Posted by Hef | December 18, 2006 8:11 PM

that's really interesting Shaq, thanks for sharing.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2006 9:13 PM

New York, 1955
I Love You Too

Hell and High Water
Tinfoil
Rise

Posted by n6 setlist | December 19, 2006 3:45 AM

Fuck off for saying, "until the reunion". We should only be so lucky. Based on yr top albums of 2006 - and the current crop of bullshit with their boring live shows and unoriginal retro retread - R/M stand tall. Sorry if yr "bloggers", were too busy listening to Hot Chip to realise what was really happening around here.

Posted by op | December 19, 2006 2:45 PM

So, op, while throughout the history of rock and roll many bands that disbanded later reunited, you claim that Rainer Maria definitely will not and somehow you consider this a credit to them?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2006 3:56 PM

yeah, true, many bands break up and get back together. how did my post claim that R/M "definitely will not" or that its a "credit to them" if they don't??? the point, anonymous, is why try and diminish an amazing and emotional final show (which the blogger didn't even attend, btw) with the presumption of a reunion down the line?

Posted by op | December 19, 2006 5:59 PM

Tinfoil was nice.
and Shaq-fu, i got laid! ha ha ha!

Posted by liked the show | December 19, 2006 6:02 PM

what was up with the band before them? the band from Alabama?

Posted by and furthermore | December 19, 2006 6:05 PM

"how did my post claim that R/M 'definitely will not' or that its a 'credit to them' if they don't???"

Because in said post, you wrote, "Fuck off for saying, 'until the reunion'. We should only be so lucky." "We should only be so lucky" means you believe they won't reunite. "Fuck off for saying, 'until the reunion'" shows you think BV somehow dissed them.

How any sane person can interpret the "until the reunion" quip as an attempt to "diminish an amazing and emotional final show," and how that quip might "diminish an amazing and emotional final show" for a sane person, is beyond me.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2006 8:03 PM

I think the phrase "until the reunion" mostly just signifies that this was an amicable breakup. No one died, no one hates each other... they're just ready to move on. Me? I'm crossing my fingers for the Dismemberment Plan reunion.

BTW, here's the Bowery Show. Much thanks to whomever posted the setlist.

Posted by Ryan | December 19, 2006 11:43 PM

"Until the reunion" is a cynical dis, akin to when a fat pig eats yogurt for a week and calls it a "diet".

I agree with "op". We should be so lucky, and if Rainer Maria were to call it back on tomorrow, I wouldn't feel anything but joy. But as it was, I saw the curtain go down on an awesome band in total triumph. And to say "until the reunion" is an attempt to take some of the shine off something you weren't part of, and probably never were or will be.

Until the reunion,
ED

Posted by ed | December 20, 2006 12:30 AM

Assuming for the sake of argument that BV did mean "until the reunion" cynically, either intentionally or subconsciously, he wasn't cynical about Rainer Maria in particular but about disbanding bands in general. Op and Ed, you need to get a grip.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2006 4:01 AM

I took it as a compliment to the band, in that they are a band that people would give a shit enough to see them reunite at some point down the road.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2006 11:10 AM

Anonymous should wake the fuck up. He's obviously some bitter douche who scours blogs, posting with no sense and even less balls.

Posted by perpendicular | December 20, 2006 2:53 PM

"he wasn't cynical about Rainer Maria in particular but about disbanding bands in general" - this seems the most likely. BV is a quality site. Anon failed to prove his point that Op said "its a 'credit to them' if they don't reunite".

Posted by Beg | December 20, 2006 3:02 PM

Insecure people get angry when they feel that they aren't a part of something (or that they missed out on something). To them, i say: STAY LOST.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2006 5:11 PM

Intentional or not, writing "(until the reunion)" laconically smears the event by implying an inauthenticity to R/M's "final bow".

Hey Anonymous, is that too "insane" for you to understand? Is it too "beyond you"?

Posted by op | December 21, 2006 7:15 AM

now this is really stupid

Posted by Anonymous | December 21, 2006 11:00 AM

oh my, yr quite the intellect.

Posted by op | December 21, 2006 7:59 PM

The anonymous commenter who wrote "now this is really stupid" isn't the same one who posted on Dec. 19 @ 3:56PM & 8:03PM & Dec. 20 @ 4:01AM. I'm the latter. I haven't posted to this BV item since the aforementioned times, until now.

Posted by Anonymous | December 21, 2006 10:02 PM

How about we just all appreciate what we saw, and acknowledge the energy that was present during that set. Whether or not RM is ever on stage together again or not, anyone that was there must admit it was something special. Fucking enjoy it one time, please.

Posted by dc | January 7, 2007 4:07 AM

Where's the "reunion"?

You stupid moron.

Wrong again, hipster shithead.

Posted by truth | August 4, 2014 1:32 AM

Still wrong. Yr slight was transparent and demeaning. Yr gonna die alone and angry.

Yr just not as smart as you think you are.

I pity you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2014 1:36 AM

hey op - look, it's the reunion! http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2014/10/rainer_maria_re.html

Fun to read this argument chain again. Still think the "until the reunion" was a cynical dis. but who cares.

Posted by ed | October 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Yr gonna die angry and alone.

I mean, you were RIGHT! Damn, you really are da smartestest.

Yr a patient foe. Good for you. Well done.

See ya at the show, douche.

Posted by op | October 17, 2014 12:43 PM