Posted in TV | comedy | movies | music on February 6, 2007

Thank you anon & annie! I wrote:

On Saturday February 3rd I was hibernating and watching Lily Allen on SNL (video 1, video 2). I'd love to get a picture of the end of the show when Horatio Sanz, Drew Barrymore, and Lily Allen were all standing in a line. The best part of that last scene was that Drew was wearing a Peter Bjorn and John t-shirt. She must have bought it at Mercury Lounge after her alleged make-out session.
And I received:

Drew & Lily

And I even got this one with Lily in a different outfit (Drew's also not wearing bracelets)...

Drew & Lily

And speaking of Horatio Sanz, there's a game going on in the comments of Klaus' last comedy post that has Eugene Mirman equaling Cat Power, Clipse equaling Dave Chappelle AND Horatio Sanz equaling Jet?

Drew, who is enjoying single life, recently broke up with a Stroke. She's also in a movie called "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant who plays a musician.

A washed up singer (Grant) is given a couple days to compose a chart-topping hit for an admiring teen sensation. Though he's never written lyrics in his life, he sparks with an offbeat younger woman (Barrymore) with a flair for words.
Lily is on tour. Horatio Sanz performs with fellow SNLer Amy Poehler at UCB in NYC every Sunday night ("ASSSSCAT 3000").

The second picture could be from the dress rehearsal prior to the live show. Someone from Stereogum attended that:

Posted by hey hey | February 6, 2007 3:28 PM

I really don't care about the young folks. Sometimes I feel like they don't even care about themselves. They might in the singular, but certainly not in the collective sense. That bothers me.

Posted by merry | February 6, 2007 3:52 PM

Was anyone actually impressed by that Lily Allen performance? It was so boring that it actually kinda put me off her.

Posted by camille | February 6, 2007 3:55 PM

I'm surprised there's been no thread for this on BrooklynVegan yet:

Bowie sings on Ricky Gervais' Extras show:

Posted by birdboy | February 6, 2007 3:57 PM

i was thinking that she was a bit boring as well...

if she rocked out, or moved around at all, i think she'd have a great live show.

she was just as timid at hiro, and we all wrote it off to nerves.

i think her heels are too high.

Posted by David. | February 6, 2007 4:04 PM

Amy Poehler hosts Asssscat every Sunday, but Horatio is only there every once in a while.

Posted by Benjamin | February 6, 2007 4:24 PM

why does lily allen only wear clothes that make her look pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 5:46 PM

i for one think it's been far too long since anyone made a "crack whore" reference in a hit song.

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 5:51 PM

Is Lily wearing Ms. Swan's dress from MadTV?

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 6:23 PM

Drew's got the beginnings of FUPA in that second pic

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 7:18 PM

She's got no style
She's got no grace
She's banal and facile
She's a fat waste of space

See her pug nosed face...

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 9:53 PM

she looka... like a man

Posted by Anonymous | February 6, 2007 10:57 PM

Lilly Allen reminds me of the girl from Pacha Massive. They were just on MTV's Discover & Download. If you compare them you'll see what I'm talking about, or

Posted by SIMON | February 7, 2007 3:00 PM

Drew T AAMMOOOO con toda mi alma y cn todo mi CORAZON!!!!

Posted by Lucky | October 18, 2007 3:41 PM