Posted in MP3 | SXSW | music | tour dates on February 28, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Patrick Watson - Step into a dream (MP3)

DOWNLOAD: Patrick Watson - Luscious Life (MP3)

DOWNLOAD: Patrick Watson - Giver (MP3)

Patrick Watson

Wolf, bear and horse bands are so last year. This year it's all about pandas & Patricks. Not to be confused with the UK's Patrick Wolf (okay, I take back the part about the wolf bands), Patrick Watson is a Montreal singer-songwriter/pianist that will have you thinking Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, M Ward and even Pink Floyd. Already a big star in his hometown, he was just nominated for Canada's "New Artist Of The Year" in the Juno Awards and now he's "sharing chart space with Nelly Furtado".

The song "The Storm" streaming at his MySpace is one of my favorites. Three MP3s to download above, and here's the video for "The Great Escape"...

Listen to more of Patrick's 2006 Canadian album "Close to Paradise" at the album's own website, and see him when he comes to an intimate venue near you. In Manhattan it's Mercury Lounge tomorrow (March 1st). From March 2nd-10th he's on tour with Elvis Perkins. That includes Elvis' Brooklyn date on March 4th. On March 15th Patrick hits Austin for SXSW. All tour dates below...

Patrick Watson - 2007 Tour Dates
Mar 1 - Mercury Lounge, NYC w/ Addison Groove Project & Mancino (tix)
Mar 2 - Tin Angel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania *
Mar 3 - OTA CLUB & CAFÉ Arlington, Virginia *
Mar 4 - Luna Lounge Brooklyn, New York * (tix)
Mar 6 - Local 506 Chapel, North Carolina *
Mar 7 - The Earl Atlanta, Georgia *
Mar 8 - Pilot Light Knoxville, Tennessee *
Mar 10 - Bottletree Birmingham *
Mar 11 - The Parish @ House of Blues New Orleans, Louisiana
Mar 14 - Gypsy Tea Room 7 Ballroom Dallas, Texas
Mar 15 - SXSW - Emo's Austin, Texas
Mar 15 - SXSW - Maggie May's (12:30) Austin, Texas
Mar 17 - Habana Calle (Nick Drake tribute) Austin, Texas
Mar 19 - El Ray Los Angeles, California
May 17 - The Great Escape Festival Brighton, South
May 18 - The Great Escape Festival Brighton, South

* w/ Elvis Perkins

Patrick also goes nicely with a serving of Marissa Nadler.

T'was great opening for Elvis last night up here in beantown .. my blog has a small review.

Posted by Rusty | February 28, 2007 2:36 PM

If Watson and the Besnard Lakes hookup drunk for a jam somewhere in Austin, bust out your mini-discs for the Beach Boys covers...

Posted by Andrew Rose | February 28, 2007 3:24 PM

Wolf, bear and horse bands are so last year.......

PANDA BEAR?

Posted by Anonymous | February 28, 2007 4:08 PM

"panda bear"

ok I it all back. ha.

Posted by brooklynvegan | February 28, 2007 4:18 PM

oh no, I am adding to the pandas... blush

do you have any information about the animation for The Storm? it's beautiful!

Posted by randompanda | March 3, 2007 2:38 AM

he is cool, the name PANDA is funny..

Posted by play on line slots | January 26, 2009 2:19 PM

I am adding to the pandas... blush

Posted by replica prada handbags | October 16, 2009 3:48 AM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtubena | October 26, 2010 7:46 PM