Posted in industry | music | technology on February 2, 2007

Computer

J just sent me this unfortunate Craigslist ad:

Date: 2007-02-02, 11:48AM EST
Contract Writing Position for Blogging Campaign

We are an advertising agency that is looking for somebody to work from 2/14 - 2/26 as part of a viral marketing campaign. The job will essentially consist of contributing to a variety of blogs and message boards. Candidates should write well and have the ability to think creatively on their feet. An interest in music and technology is a big plus.

Though this should be a fun job, it is important that the candidate understand the objectives of the campaign, work hard, and go about blogging in a very efficient and organized manner. Tracking when and where comments have been posted is just as important as the comments themselves. It is a full-time position, $10/hour for the tenure of the contract. You will be working at our midtown office location.

Please send a resume as well as writing samples that illustrate creativity.

The ideal candidate would have experience with:
-Blogging -Viral marketing -Web marketing -Excel

Those that are successful in this role will have contract opportunities in the future. We are looking to start interviewing next week.

Seriously, phony comments are a problem I'm constantly dealing with. It sucks. If you do apply for this job, please don't come around here. If you already do this job...also please stay away.

RELATED: Warner's Tryst With Bloggers Hits Sour Note

penis enlargement

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 4:11 PM

I Agree. I also agree that Crest makes great toothpaste!

Posted by Tim | February 2, 2007 4:13 PM

oh shit, i forgot to include my excel spreadsheet on why arcade fire are the most overrated band in music today. you think i can still collect my $1.34?

Posted by sam | February 2, 2007 4:21 PM

Your indie posturing against commerce is laughable.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 4:23 PM

that's about as "freightening" as a aqua teen hunger force marketing campaign. grow a sac.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 4:26 PM

"Your indie posturing against commerce is laughable"

Your assumption that this is an anti-commerce post is laughable.

Posted by brooklynvegan | February 2, 2007 4:28 PM

By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Thank you, thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they'll take root.

--Bill Hicks

Posted by expostfacto | February 2, 2007 4:28 PM

I get my salsa from New York City!

Posted by Tostitos© | February 2, 2007 4:35 PM

So glad to see love for Blogging Campaign here! I saw these guys in Aspen and they BLEW ME AWAY.

YAY BLOGGING CAMPAIGN!

And oh yeah, I am really looking forward to the new album that drops on February 22nd.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 4:36 PM

agreed about "frightening" (and about Boston). I got frightened when I saw I wrote it. Changed to "unfortunate".

Posted by brooklynvegan | February 2, 2007 4:38 PM

anyone know what time Blogging Campaign goes on?

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 4:39 PM

I'M LOVIN' IT

Posted by Burger King® | February 2, 2007 4:44 PM

get one dollar off a Big Mac with an Arctic Monkeys ticket stub

Posted by soup monster | February 2, 2007 5:28 PM

everybody spam the hell out of nymktgfreelancer@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 5:47 PM

thanks above poster... I was wondering what the fuck this has to do with Arctic Monkeys

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 5:48 PM

you realize this is giving them free advertising?

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2007 10:17 PM

Tracking comments!? $10 an hour!!?? Man, that does sound like it should be a fun job.

Posted by Sergio | February 2, 2007 11:35 PM

>I get my salsa from New York City!

new york city?!?! get a rope!

Posted by derek | February 3, 2007 1:18 AM

OH! if you had known how much i hate these kind of comments. Also there are some clever people who try to break your ambition with their malign comments. I don't know why people so evil and self-seeking.

Posted by bulut | February 3, 2007 8:42 AM

advertising finally going after the last pure form of testimonial...
So is everyone gonna watch the Super Bowl? I can't wait to see those great commercials.

Posted by steve g | February 3, 2007 11:32 AM

I think this recent troop surge in Iraq is really going to work!

Posted by snickerdoodle | February 3, 2007 1:54 PM

it's great if you like big macs.. and arctic monkeys

Posted by deBRA | February 3, 2007 7:10 PM

it's great if you like big macs.. and arctic monkeys

Posted by deBRA | February 3, 2007 7:10 PM

Colin Meloy is to blame...

Posted by Anonymous | February 4, 2007 4:37 AM

hahahahha at once someone posted a comment like this to my decemberists review 'the singer is a bitch' I was laughing on floor!:)

Posted by Deborah | February 4, 2007 7:05 AM

capitalists!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 4, 2007 8:39 AM

Think of all the added laughs that are in store for you once you buy the album! The Crane Wife: The side-splitting new album from the Decemberists!

Posted by Capitol Records | February 4, 2007 9:52 AM

We should all band together to fight this kind of abuse of the web...

ALSO, we should drink Aquafina bottled water instead of poland springs...i heard Colin Meloy drinks poland springs...so does satan by the way..

so to summarize: Drink Aquafina, Colin Meloy = Satan.

Posted by Anonymous | February 5, 2007 6:49 PM

Eu estou usando esse sistema da www.jnemailmarketing.com.br muito bom por sinal! se quiserem eles tem test-drive!

Muito bom! e garantido!

Posted by jefferson | October 8, 2012 1:39 AM

Eu estou usando esse sistema da http://www.jnemailmarketing.com.br muito bom por sinal! se quiserem eles tem test-drive!

Muito bom! e garantido!