Posted in music | tour dates on March 20, 2007

Bjork @ Radio City Music Hall, 2001 (CRED)
Bjork @ Radio City Music Hall

As many pointed out in the comments (thanks!), Bjork just announced some post-Coachella shows including THREE NYC dates. I'm most excited for Radio City again.

Bjork - new 2007 Tour Dates
May 02 - New York - Radio City Music Hall
May 05 - New York - United Palace Theater
May 08 - New York - Apollo Theater
May 12 - Chicago - Auditorium Theatre
May 15 - Denver - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
May 19 - San Francisco - Shoreline Amphitheatre
May 23 - Vancouver- Deer Lake Park

"San Francisco, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre tickets will go on sale March 24; All other dates will go on sale March 30. Tickets will be available for purchase through Björk.com for 48 hours prior to general public on-sale."

Previously
"Volta" - more details on the new Bjork album

Tags: Bjork

Anywhere, I don't care. I've never seen her and time has come.

Posted by Eduardo | March 20, 2007 2:22 AM

I saw her in 2001 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. The hairs on my neck stood up at least ten times...

Posted by Justin Ward | March 20, 2007 8:49 AM

I just creamed myself

Posted by A | March 20, 2007 9:26 AM

What Justin said. I nearly cried when I saw her back in 2001. I could not be more excited about this.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 9:57 AM

Has anyone else noticed the stupid amount of gigs in the first couple of weeks of May?

At the moment I'm going to

PB&J
Beirut
Arctic Monkeys
LCD Soundsystem

And hoping to get tickets for Arcade Fire as well as Bjork.

Not that I'm complaning but couldn't they spread these things out a bit more?

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 10:45 AM

did anyone else notice that the highest price ticket in Chicago is $134?

i wonder how much she will get from new yorkers, considering orchestra in radio city was $90 back in 2001.

Posted by brian-nyc | March 20, 2007 10:54 AM

...yeah has anyone heard how much?

Posted by Al bo Bal | March 20, 2007 11:30 AM

Will the Apollo or United Palace shows possibly be cheaper?

Posted by Charles | March 20, 2007 12:15 PM

Will the Apollo or United Palace shows possibly be cheaper?
Keep dreaming. I'd pay anything to see Bjork

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 12:59 PM

What's the deal with the presale being open to "subcribers" of bjork.com...I registered on there just now, and now I can access the presale? Or is there some sort of fanclub membership option I am not seeing...I'd pay a little extra for the chance at better tickets.

Posted by Tumbleweed | March 20, 2007 1:26 PM

Currently, the "Password" column on the pre-sale page is blank. I suspect that at some point between now and the 30th, we'll either get an email with the password or it'll appear in that column.

I'm hoping none of the NYC venues will go over $150 + fees, but if they do, I can't say it'll stop me from going!

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 1:40 PM

Currently, the "Password" column on the pre-sale page is blank. I suspect that at some point between now and the 22nd/28th, we'll either get an email with the password or it'll appear in that column.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 1:40 PM

Every subscriber will be mailed a personal password. Depeche Mode did the same when they teamed up with iTunes, I believe RHCP also but they screwed the presale.
If you try to register more than once with bjork.com the site will by default give you an error message.Be prepared to plop at least 100 bucks for good seats, as Tumble mentioned above

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 1:47 PM

Any info about what time tickets go on sale through the presale?

Posted by Eduardo | March 25, 2007 10:14 PM

hey everyone. i really appreciate the availability of this forum and specifically this topic of Bjork shows. however, i have a question geared toward those who have already subscribed to her site. i just want to make sure i did everything correctly. i did get a confirmation e-mail with a link to verify my subscription, but when i sign into telegraph, and click login, it doesn't really do anything, just kinda stays on that page. am i doing everything correctly? i'm wondering how you really know that you are logged into the site from that point. i just want to make sure it will all run smoothly for pre-sale purchasing. also, in regard to
the individualized password we will be sent, is this certain and will there be a login at that point (link in e-mail to new page etc..?)thanks everyone. Bjork is unbelievable!

Posted by bryan | March 26, 2007 6:47 PM

Did anyone get tickets during the presale?

Posted by bjork fan | March 28, 2007 10:07 AM

Anyone else having insane difficulties buying NYC tickets for her shows? No matter what I put in on any of the three since 10AM, it gives me the 'not enough tickets available' message.

Were there only two pre-sale tickets?

Posted by troy | March 28, 2007 10:10 AM

It's bastards like these who got all the tickets. How on earth did they manage to get blocks of tickets for all 3 venues when there was a 4 ticket maximum purchase?

Posted by teresa | March 28, 2007 10:16 AM

dude WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFF, why no bjork tickets a SECOND after they go on sale. i hate the world right now, i might hibernate

Posted by pretty girl | March 28, 2007 10:19 AM

keep trying...musictoday always sucks...i got a pair at 10:26. i hope row EE means 5th row at the united palace!

Posted by Qbertplaya | March 28, 2007 10:20 AM

If there were only 2 tickets, I got them. 2 tickets for the United Palace show at exactly 10am. When I tried to get tkts for the other venues there were not enough for my request. One show is better than none.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 10:22 AM

I got tickets and had no problem but I registered all my info yesterday and was on the website 15 minutes early. I got row mm center section. The tickets were kind expensive.

Posted by danfun | March 28, 2007 10:22 AM

seriously!!! did ANYONE get tickets?! i couldnt get one. not for any venue. but im still trying. fingers crossed.

pre-sale pre-schale!

Posted by ruth | March 28, 2007 10:23 AM

Posted by l | March 28, 2007 10:25 AM

i love bjork but i am seriosuly fantasizing abotu smashing her stupid littel presale skull right now

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 10:28 AM

No need to get violent towards the artist. Most of the times they have no control over the ticketing issue. Plus, we still have the general sale on saturday, which usually gives you a better chance to get good seats.
The only presale were the seats offered are MUCH better than those of regular sale is always Radiohead.
Not to sound like a preacher, but take precautions like signing in way in advance, and get a computer that runs fast. Oh, and stop bitching becasue you didn't get tickets, you are not the only one!

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 10:32 AM

i'd like to add to all the angry messages and say that i went to buy tickets exactly at 10am and there weren't any left. my whole week has led up to that 10am moment, as sad as that is...and now i feel horrible. is this gonna happen when tickets go on sale for ticketmaster also? and is ticketmaster gonna screw me over again and give me the worst possible seats?

Posted by wenjay | March 28, 2007 10:32 AM

I TAKE IT BACK! DONT GIVE UP! i just got two for Radio City! Row DD!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Posted by ruth | March 28, 2007 10:34 AM

But see, this is what's so frustrating. I keep getting the 'not enough tickets' message, too. I've been getting it for all the shows, since 10 AM exactly. Yet people keep buying them. So are there tickets or not??

Posted by Jesse | March 28, 2007 10:40 AM

my cookies just collapsed, im fucked

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 10:44 AM

What a fiasco!

I actually had a row G Apollo ticket in my cart at 10AM, typed in my mailing address and credit card information and hit continue. I then got an error message stating "Will Call Name required". Never mind that I didn't request will call AND that there was no box for Will Call. I hit continue again and my ticket was GONE.

Ticketmaster really sucks, but at least their interface works the majority of the time. I might complain a little less harshly about them from now on.

Posted by Scott | March 28, 2007 10:49 AM

JUST GOT TWO FOR RADIO CITY! after an hour of refreshing!! keep tryin people!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 10:53 AM

oh my god. i'm gonna faint. I just got a orch seats for radio city NOW at 11:05 AM, after trying for an hour.

As long as the price level 1 box or price level 2 box is still on the website, that means there's still tickets. That's my guess.

I kept trying to get tix for The Apollo, kept getting rejected. Then I noticed that the price level 1 box for The Apollo completely disappeared, leaving only mezz. So I think tickets are really gone when that whole price box disappears.

Posted by christina | March 28, 2007 10:53 AM

We just got two tickets for Radio City and so did two of our other friends (they also got two each). KEEP REFRESHING!

Posted by Andi | March 28, 2007 11:00 AM

I just got Orchestra RR tickets at 11:15AM, but I put them back in the pool. I hope to do better on Saturday.

Posted by Scott | March 28, 2007 11:03 AM

Anybody having any luck with Chicago tickets...? I just keep hitting the "Continue" button with no success yet.

Posted by Pete | March 28, 2007 11:09 AM

Guess I got lucky then - two tickets for United Palace - Row M Orchestra at 10.02am. Good luck every one. Now onto the insane fight that will be the Arcade Fire ticket sale on Friday.

Posted by Alex | March 28, 2007 11:12 AM

I keep trying! This sucks, over an hr and nothing!

Just got Orchestra row SS at about 11:15! I'd keep trying people, as the orchestra seats wont be avail come Friday 11AM with the general sale....

...wow, what a stressful mess!

Posted by Christpher | March 28, 2007 11:13 AM

I keep trying! This sucks, over an hr and nothing!

...wow, what a stressful mess!

Posted by Christopher | March 28, 2007 11:13 AM

All three NYC shows are sold out now. :((((((((
Fiasco is right. I just spent an hour and 46 minutes refreshing, for nothing.

Posted by Jesse | March 28, 2007 11:32 AM

and now they're gone.
man. that sucked.
i was trying from before
10am until now, 11:45,
with no luck whatsoever.

presale's sort of not that much fun at all.

Posted by troy Farmer | March 28, 2007 11:34 AM

Yeah, well, the general sale at 11am Friday will be another fiasco for those willing to keep up the fight. Looks like the Bjork presale for Radio City was all Orchestra 2, which is the first 18 or so rows up front. So then there's the rest of the orchestra and the 3 levels remaining....

Posted by Christopher | March 28, 2007 11:39 AM

" just got Orchestra RR tickets at 11:15AM, but I put them back in the pool. I hope to do better on Saturday."

I hope for your sake you dont end up regretting that, but methinks you will.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:49 AM

My tix were orch 6, a little to the side but ten rows from stage nonetheless
I'd say on Friday just grab whatever orchestra tix you can because scalpers will try to snatch them all

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:52 AM

My tix were orch 6, a little to the side but ten rows from stage nonetheless

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:53 AM

I got row GG at United Palace...can't wait.

Posted by brian-nyc | March 28, 2007 12:27 PM

Radiohead didn't say what time their tickets would go on sale, forcing everyone to stay up all night long, then put them on sale at like 6:13am randomly and then they were gone. And that is STILL BETTER than this Bjork presale this morning. Radiohead comes through with amazing tickets, the site works and they'll write back and forth with you if you have problems. This just SUCKED and didn't work. Still doesn't seem like many were released. Hopefully the public onsale will be less of a mess.

Posted by trrricky | March 28, 2007 1:49 PM

We got tix for row F in the orchestra for the chicago show, I was SOOO excited! BUT the computer was running slow and when it came time to get the deal wrapped up, the computer said that the time had lapsed and the tickets were no longer available. That totally sucks! We gave our info, the credit card number and everything, and boom they were gone. I was trying to get 1 ticket for any show in NYC and at 10am it said there was not even 1 ticket left. I hate presales, got my hopes up for nothing. But, the worst was getting row F tickets and losing them. So, whoever got them I hope enjoys the show from that great seat as I would have. Here's hoping I can still get seats somehow.

Posted by Kellie | March 28, 2007 1:55 PM

I got Orch4 row F for Radio City.

Posted by selma | March 28, 2007 3:31 PM

For anyone that did get tickets for United Palace, and for those planning to try to get them for the Arcade Fire shows there, here's a seating plan http://www.theunitedpalace.com/seatingchart.htm.

So it seems that my Row M seats are towards the back but in the middle. Well done to the person posting earlier who got EE.

Posted by Alex | March 28, 2007 4:01 PM

can anyone help me? i'm confused..
the only NY bjork concert on ticketmaster is United Palace? How do i buy the Apollo theater tickets? I contacted Apollo theater and they told me it was ticketmaster...but ticketmaster said they didn't know about the BJork concert. AnyonE?

Posted by wenjay | March 28, 2007 5:36 PM

uhm, forget the last comment. they just put it up. i swear i'm not retarded..

Posted by wenjay | March 28, 2007 5:43 PM

Wenjay, I am retarded and take offense at your last remark.

Posted by forgot | March 28, 2007 5:46 PM

^^^^ oH yEaH noW i rEmemBeR mY nAme is dAnIeL jOhNStoN

Posted by dAnIeL jOhNStoN | March 28, 2007 6:20 PM

"Got two tickets row PP after refreshing the site like a million times. I was signed in way before they went on sale, maybe that's what helped?"

you got tickets at United Palace in row PP? because there's no such row =/

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 11:03 AM

"The only tickets they had on pre-sale were $86 or $76 (mine were $76) but Ticketmaster lists the prices as $46 - $86 so maybe that means they didn't put the Mezzanine or side Orchestra on sale at all? Some hope for those who weren't succesful today?"

"Mezzanine" tickets were definitely being sold during the presale. That's where my seats are.

I had been up since 5AM and at 9:59 started refreshing the presale page. I honestly think I may have been the first person on there. I started looking for tickets and nothing came up. I tried all three venues. NOTHING. and finally at around 10:50 I started refreshing the presale page out of spite and it went through.

On the bright side for all those that weren't able to get through, those that did weren't given the option of choosing seats so it was pretty much luck of the draw. I doubt it'll be that way on ticketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 11:20 AM

How much did everyone pay for their tickets?? (included shipping, service fees etc.) and where are your seats?

I honestly think they were pulling prices out of their asses because many people over on the bjork forums got seats within the first five rows for price level 1.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 11:23 AM

does anyone know who is opening for bjork at radio city?

Posted by kate | March 30, 2007 4:27 PM

i got 1 row EE (5th row, on the aisle) seat right at 10:03 am on pre-sale day. if this was indeed a luck of the draw situation, i feel as if i've won the best lottery ever created. i'm so excited. Qbertplaya, we will be together in this experience it seems. : )

Posted by Anonymous | April 18, 2007 11:20 PM