Posted in music | tour dates on March 20, 2007

Modest MouseModest Mouse's new album "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" (out today) is streaming in full at MySpace. Buy it at Insound to get a free limited edition 7". Tour dates were also just announced...

Modest Mouse in NYC, 2007

05-09 Austin, TX - The Backyard
05-10 Grand Prairie, TX - Nokia Live
05-12 Mesa, AZ - Mesa Amphitheater
05-13 Los Angeles, CA - greek Theatre
05-14 San Diego, CA - Cox Arena at San Diego State University
05-16 San Jose, CA - San Jose State University
05-20 Somerset, England - Butlins Minehead (ATP vs. the Fans)
05-23 London, England - Royal Albert Hall
06-01 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound

* with Love as Laughter

(dates via Pfork)

Previously
* Modest Mouse w/ Johnny Marr in LA (video)
* Modest Mouse - 4 CA shows & 5 NYC shows | November 2006 Tour Dates
* Modest Mouse @ Webster Hall pics

Yech... be forewarned, it's not very good. You're better off not even thinking about maybe possibly comparing it to their earlier work if you hope to enjoy this one.

Posted by Brian | March 20, 2007 11:21 AM

I like it.

Posted by Eduardo | March 20, 2007 11:40 AM

Where are the tickets for the United Palace show? Don't see 'em on TM site or UP site. Help!

Posted by treece | March 20, 2007 11:47 AM

they're using the same company for presale as bright eyes did for presales. this is a fucking joke. so far password doesn't work...

Posted by shopify sucks | March 20, 2007 11:55 AM

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

Posted by treece | March 20, 2007 12:19 PM

The album is a grower. And I love it. I will refrain from comparing it to their other albums. It's great though.

Yeah, why doesn't the password work? Are they wondering why no one's bought tickets?

Posted by jonathan | March 20, 2007 12:42 PM

Pre-sale doe not start until 12 noon PST.

Posted by Issac | March 20, 2007 1:02 PM

i got this email from someone at the company doing the backend... was writing them a couple weeks back regarding the bright eyes tix fiasco.

If you think the correct password is currently "ENGENIUS" (as I have
seen on several Modest Mouse fan pages), then I can assure you that
you are wrong. This may be the correct password once the store
owner changes it to allow access to the store, but it is not currently
correct.

Since the store owner has not put their email address on the password
screen, I can't reveal it without violating our privacy policy. I
will, however, let them know you are having trouble.

Thanks,
Paul.

Posted by shopify | March 20, 2007 1:02 PM

Ticket pre-sale does not start until 12:00 PST. And buy the album rather than steal it from some hack leaker.

Posted by Issac | March 20, 2007 1:03 PM

presale url?

Posted by ihatenewsletters | March 20, 2007 1:05 PM

i love the album actually

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 1:13 PM

THEY'RE UP, SOME ARE ALREADY SOLD OUT, PASSWORD WORKING FINALLY. PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY!

Posted by TIX ON SALE | March 20, 2007 1:15 PM

The p-waod works on the website now. Enjoy the show and the album.

Posted by Jeff | March 20, 2007 1:16 PM

so yeah, want to drop that url for that piece of shit company so i can buy some shitty tickets for mpls? shit.

Posted by stillhatenewsletters | March 20, 2007 1:24 PM

just got 4 to each night.. good stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 1:37 PM

thanks for the info anon. appreciate it.

Posted by stillhatenewsletters | March 20, 2007 1:48 PM

When do we find out what seats we have?

Posted by Brennan | March 20, 2007 1:52 PM

This is a bunch of BS! I was never even able to get past the password prompt.....still can't. Bogus. Anyone know when the general on sale is?

Posted by treece | March 20, 2007 2:24 PM

Posted by treece | March 20, 2007 2:24 PM

Posted by treece | March 20, 2007 2:27 PM

two weeks or so before the show when they mail them out i guess.

i've passed on the last few shows @ the fillmore in denver because i was such a looser/crabby snob about the venue and crowd and the changes in the music.

this morning while doing my daily bv visit and reading this post (after a few others here), i realized how weak and old that attitude is.

so i let all that go, and now i'm flying to mpls to see them again because it'll be fun. and because someone took the time to put that info up for me.

so you know...thanks and stuff.

Posted by stillhatenewsletters | March 20, 2007 2:29 PM

brianisapunk.com

Posted by brianisapunk.com | March 20, 2007 3:06 PM

FYI, I don't think the ticket limit is working. I just almost placed an order for 41 tickets instead of 4. Which explains why they were charging $1578.50 :P

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 3:21 PM

i think you can put in any number and go through with it.. but theyll just cancel your order. so i guess it does and doesnt apply. yeah.

Posted by Anonymous | March 20, 2007 3:24 PM

wayne says here they're going out with the shins and the mouse at the end of this summer.

Posted by slownerve | March 20, 2007 5:22 PM

didnt flaming lips and modest mouse play together around 2000 at roseland?? maybe irving.. i forget.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2007 9:46 AM

The Lips and Modest Mouse played together at Prospect Park in 2002. MM and the Shins have been friends for years, I first saw them play together in 2000.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2007 10:04 AM

That could be a very, very good show. MM and Lips seperately are pretty damn amazing, but both of em.. not too shabby.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2007 10:19 AM

Actually, MM weren't that good during those 2002 shows, especially the first show at Prospect Park. Isaac's demons work better in the studio than on stage.

Posted by Anonymous | March 21, 2007 10:47 AM

oh yea remember how it POURED like crazy right as the lips were ending their set (at least the night i went) and everyone left before Cake who were headlining went on... I think the rain didn't prompt people to leave though necessarily...

Posted by it poured for cake | March 21, 2007 12:29 PM

Yeah, I kind of prefer Modest Mouse in studio than on stage. I've had funat their shows, but still.

Posted by Eduardo | March 22, 2007 11:04 AM

Question - why are bands agreeing to play the united palace? why would a bunch of new yorkers who chose to live in the city because 90% of what you do is within walking distance or a few train stops want to trek up to 178th street on a weeknight? really annoyed about this.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2007 8:13 PM

does anyone know how i find out where my seats are?

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2007 9:20 PM

anon 813 - then dont go.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2007 10:13 PM

United Palace is a beautiful, unique space that holds 2000+. Fuckin' hop on the train you lazy mother fuckers. What we'd rather Mouse, Bloc Party and Arcade Fire place Roseland?!

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2007 10:38 PM

that's great if you're a WaHi hipster.

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2007 10:48 PM

This is an outrage......no Detroit show.......are you f$@#%^& kidding me!!.....

Posted by Trevor | March 28, 2007 5:09 PM

Does anyone have contact info for Ravenhouse? I still didn't get my ticket from the fan club presale. Anybody else in the same boat?

Posted by Chris | April 23, 2007 8:32 PM

I am in the same boat with you chris! I need help! I bought two tickets to see the may 5th show in Atlanta and it's 5 days aways, and I STILL have not received my tickets... I'm starting to freak out. If anyone knows anything about this PLEASE let me know!

Posted by sandi | April 30, 2007 4:15 PM

Posted by sandi | April 30, 2007 4:16 PM

saw the show on sunday, didnt get the tickets until thursday. so dont expect them until very, very close to the date. they need to get organized over at ravenhouse.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 4:24 PM

How was the show?

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 4:39 PM

WOW! Talk about close, I didn't get my tix till Friday, a couple of days before the show...
So let us know if you got your tix Sandi.

Anyways, the United Palace show was great, I liked the venue, and the band was great, lighting and sound was pretty good to my standards. I brought along a friend that's never heard of them, except of course for that one song, but I turned him into a fan.

Posted by chris | May 3, 2007 12:34 PM

checked out the Mesa show and the guys are getting better with every album, deeper lyrics and theyre music is evolving greatly....they havent lost anything and the only thing that is lost is the selfish listeners attention span trying to wildly figure out the album...... if you want to hear theyre older stuff listen to theyre older albums and try to get off of the "change is bad" kick...stop crying that theyre albums dont all sound the same and be happy that they dont or we would all be getting ripped off .....open your mind and dont open the door or you just might find what you aint lookin for....till the monkeys carry your casket out of the sea and hopefully by then you will see

Posted by skully | May 16, 2007 4:33 PM

Here has provided the high quality service for you

Posted by shanghai escort | April 13, 2009 10:49 PM

Want to find a home where Old meets New, East meets West, Culture meets Excitement, Tradition meets Inspiration? We find it for you right here in Land'in Shanghai.

Posted by shanghai apartment | April 13, 2009 10:52 PM

I like it

Posted by Machine | May 25, 2009 1:24 AM

n meets Inspiration? We find it for you right here in Land'in Shanghai.

Posted by vmvm | August 9, 2009 11:49 PM

Posted by 3D crystal | August 11, 2009 10:39 PM

Modest Mouse is great and expensive, just as our service

Posted by Beijing Escorts | September 12, 2009 12:33 PM