Posted in music | tour dates on March 28, 2007

Morrissey

"Morrissey has announced his first US tour in 3 years and the first since his last album Ringleader of the Tormentors hit the number 1 spot in the UK 11 months ago." Presale password = GREATESTHITS. All dates and on-sale dates below.....

april
Fri 27 STOCKTON, CA : Bob Hope Theater - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31
Sat 28 SPARKS, NV : John Ascuaga's Celebrity Showroom - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31
Sun 29 SPARKS, NV : John Ascuaga's Celebrity Showroom - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31

may

Sun 15 ORLANDO, FL : Hard Rock Live - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31
Tue 17 JACKSONVILLE, FL : Morocco Shrine Auditorium - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31
Thur 19 BIRMINGHAM, AL : Alabama Theatre - Onsale 10 a.m., March 31
Fri 20 ATLANTA, GA : Chastain Park - Onsale 10 a.m., May 21
Sat 21 MYRTLE BEACH, SC : House of Blues - Onsale 11 a.m., March 31

Previously
* Morrissey - 2007 tour dates, lineup, on-sale, etc..
* Ennio Morricone to receive honorary Oscar | Morrissey

does anyone have any clue to how much the tickets will be?

Posted by cranky | March 28, 2007 3:54 PM

Looks like they range from $30-135.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 3:57 PM

any chance the floor is gonna be General Admission?

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 4:17 PM

maybe for the borgata. not at msg.. folding chairs at best.

Posted by brian | March 28, 2007 4:24 PM

according to pollstar, the msg show is at the theatre

Posted by Ian R. | March 28, 2007 5:05 PM

Seriously...need...these...tickets. I didn't live in NYC for the last tour, so it wasn't an easy trek. Now, I am totally stoked for this!

Posted by Shawn | March 28, 2007 5:12 PM

MSG?! ugh. how can a morrissey show at MSG even COMPARE to the apollo shows?

Posted by ohseptember | March 28, 2007 5:15 PM

Is he coming to canada yet?

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:04 PM

This is really disappointing that it's at MSG as opposed to The Theater. Morrissey @ The Theater would be absolutely perfect.

Posted by MARLOW | March 28, 2007 6:08 PM

For all of you that do the whole tour, FYI some of the out of town dates are being sold via a variety of ticket vendors. It is hard to keep up with the details but Julia keeps the info flowing as best she can. I've posted all the nitty gritty as per Julia.
www.musicmattersman.blogspot.com

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:17 PM

Also see www.musicmatters.blogspot.com for a great Morrissey contest.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:27 PM

Also see www.musicmattersman.blogspot.com for a great Morrissey contest.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:28 PM

Correction to above two posts! I mixed up my own url!

ok my mind and my fingers are racing! I am a long time Morrissey fan. Last two posts here were from me.
I have pre traumatic stress...I really want as many tickets as I can get/go to as many shows as I can. I want to keep these out of the hands of the scalpers. I want to reach out to real fans!

My link is: www.musicmattersman.blogspot.com

I have tons of morrissey info AND I am running a contest.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:35 PM

i regret to inform you that no scalper worth his salt wants these tickets...there's no way he'll sell out MSG if it's not the theatre he's playing.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 6:56 PM

Have you any knowledge of his selling out at Glasglow, Hollywood Bowl ect? Not NYC you say?
I know of 3 people who paid 500.00 for far away from the stage Apollo seats!!!! Maybe a scalper would think a MSG seat is a loser..I guess? Think of those smaller venues like PNC...those tickets will go fast.
Even if there aren't enough fans in the NYC area, many people literally follow him to every show regardless of where they call home. Don't underestimate the Morrissey madness!

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 7:24 PM

Apollo theatre is a lot smaller than Madison Square Garden (18,000 people). When he played 2 nights at Radio City in 2004 there were plenty of orchestra seats available well below face. While no doubt he has some die hard fans there aren't enough of them to fill the Garden.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 8:22 PM

Tickets for the show at the Borgata cost $95 and $75!

The Rams Head in Baltimore is quite small and I hear it's GA-only. Is it worth the 400-mile round trip? Decisions, decisions...

Posted by Moz fan | March 28, 2007 8:58 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 9:14 PM

"If he's playing venues as small as Rams Head, I have to belive he's playing the Theatre at Madison Square Garden (5,000 capacity) NOT the Garden (18,000 capacity). Are you sure it's MSG BV?"

He played Salford (cap 475) and multiple nights at Wembley Arena (cap 14K) on the same leg of the tour last year. It's an effort to avoid multiple nights in one of the biggest cities in the US while meeting demand for tix, plus it'll probably be filmed along with Hollywood Bowl. It's definitely NOT the Theater.

Posted by B. | March 28, 2007 9:58 PM

Re: "It's definitely NOT the Theater."

Sorry, but Pollstar say it's the THEATER at MSG, not MSG.

He's obviously more popular in London than he is in NYC.

Posted by truth | March 28, 2007 10:23 PM

MSG holds more people than that. Like 25k. Pretty sure it was announed as the arena before too.

Posted by Gustavo | March 28, 2007 10:53 PM

Oh my God. After June 30, I can die a happy woman.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:19 PM

Oh my God. After June 30, I can die a happy woman.

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:19 PM

Is that becuase he's left nyc?

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:36 PM

Is that because he's left nyc?

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2007 11:36 PM

My dog loves Iams.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 12:20 AM

Birmingham but not New Orleans?

Posted by Jules | March 29, 2007 12:39 AM

Mozzer will play MSG not the theatre. True-to-you.net has stated this on their site (which is as close to official as one can get.)

Posted by darkness | March 29, 2007 2:35 AM

He's playing Rams Head in Baltimore? Isn't that a steakhouse? Odd.

Posted by LL | March 29, 2007 3:20 AM

Re: the capacity of MSG
How soon they forget. I posted the following in two comments on BV's previous post about this tour:

"Given the capacity of MSG that [true-to-you.net], um, gives (13,098), he's playing the arena."

(That said, true-to-you.net isn't 100% infallible, so I wouldn't bet the farm on it.)

"From http://www.thegarden.com/a_zGuide.html#s :

For basketball events in the Arena, the seating capacity is 19,763 and for hockey events in the Arena, the seating capacity is 18,200. For all other events, seating capacity changes depending on the set-up of the event. For events in the Theater, the seating capacity is 5,600.

Maybe they won't sell seats behind the stage."

Posted by Moz fan | March 29, 2007 6:52 AM

Via the presale, I got myself a GA floor standing ticket for the date at the Borgata!

Posted by Moz fan | March 29, 2007 10:59 AM

hey moz fan. how'd you get tickets for the borgata. i cant' find them for sale online anywhere.

Posted by Brian | March 29, 2007 1:17 PM

The presale for the Borgata show may well be sold out by now. But here's how I found it (after I learned that there was going to be a presale, thanks to a post on the subject at morrissey-solo.com). I went to the Borgata's Web site, theborgata.com. I clicked on "ENTERTAIN" and then on the link to show all the upcoming events. Then I clicked to buy tickets to a (different) show for which tickets are already on sale. A new browser window opened. Then I clicked on "PRESALES AND PROMOTIONS" (or something like that) and entered "GREATESTHITS" (without the quotation marks).

Posted by Moz fan | March 29, 2007 1:33 PM

I did it the same way as moz fan..ended up with 5 on the floor for the Borgata at $75 a piece..managed to hit the philly pre-sale at midnight last night and got tickets in the pit three rows from the stage..now all I need is a little luck with Homdel and MSG!

Posted by modrevolve | March 29, 2007 1:55 PM

thanks moz fan,, your my hero!!!

Posted by brian | March 29, 2007 1:59 PM

Does Morrissey still wear leather shoes?
and MY DOG LOVED IAMS

Posted by King of Zing | March 29, 2007 4:35 PM

Yes, he wears leather and eats dairy but he won't play in Canada.

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 4:58 PM

True-to-you has a track record of being a confusing source of information. Why did someone on morrissey-solo.com know about presale before Julia? Why is true to you posting presales that don't exsist(NV) and not ones that do exsist(Borgata).
What are the rumors and/or facts about PNC and MSG as it relates to presale?

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2007 6:42 PM

Just found out about Philly presale. I got Orchestra
A Row O-does anyone have a pit ticket they would be willing to sell me above cost?
Thank you.
Feel free to email mtsheridan2004@yahoo.com

Posted by fingal | March 29, 2007 8:00 PM

"Hush Crime Rally 2007" - Knoxville, TN. - info here ..........

Posted by AB-AB | March 29, 2007 8:13 PM

"Why did someone on morrissey-solo.com know about presale before Julia?"

She didn't. True-to-you updated the news item posted there yesterday to add the info about the Borgata presale and I didn't notice it just by glancing at it. I found out about it when I read the post about it on morrissey-solo.

I haven't heard any rumors whatsoever about MSG or PNC.

Posted by Moz fan | March 29, 2007 8:47 PM

Pre-sale worked for Seattle Paramount show too - I got row D in the balcony. First Morrissey show ever - can't wait. Does the fact that the password is GREATESTHITS mean he plans on playing a greatest hits show, or has a greatest hits CD coming out?

Double Crown Records - www.dblcrown.com

Posted by Double Crown Records | March 30, 2007 1:36 PM

Update re: True to you. VA presale this Friday the 13th.

www.musicmattersman.blogspot.com

Posted by musicmattersman | April 10, 2007 12:39 AM

i don't have to work, i inherited $6 mil.

Posted by louis | October 17, 2009 1:05 PM