Posted in To Do | music | venues on April 13, 2007

Has anyone else noticed the little movie ads on the bracelets they put on you when you go in a show? I saw Southpaw is using them, and here's a picture someone took of one at Knitting Factory....

Ad

What are you doing this weekend?

Friday
The Muggabears, Cheeseburger, Enon show at Mercury Lounge tonight looks good - just noticed that is sold out. Right next door is David Bruno's party at Element. Klaxons also play Studio B again tonight (sold out too I think). Tonight is also Tonic's last night open ever.

Saturday - Sunday
Gossip's sold out show is at Knitting Factory Saturday night, and Of Montreal is doing karaoke at Studio B - I'm giving away tickets. Earlier in the day you can get dressed up in blue and go to Battery Park or join a protest at Tonic.

Cloud Cult and Young Galaxy are here for two shows this weekend too - Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is also the WBAR BBQ.

I'm doing my tax returns this weekend.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2007 3:54 PM

Jandek Saturday night!

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2007 3:56 PM

Roky Erickson at Southpaw. I can resist seeing the man who started the 13th Floor Elevators on Friday the 13th!

Posted by danfun | April 13, 2007 3:58 PM

I got an email about tonight's Studio B show 2 days ago saying advanced tickets are sold out, but that Other Music still had some, and that "plenty" of $12 tickets will be available at the door.

Posted by showtrotta | April 13, 2007 4:03 PM

im going to the klaxons but concerned because they apparently sucked last nite. maybe they'll be better tonite?

Posted by elswieser | April 13, 2007 4:05 PM

Smoosh & Postmarks and then Klaxons in Philly. If I want, I can go see VH1 artist to watch Mat Kearny, in order to do that, I would have to tuck my junk between my legs and never show my face in public again.

Posted by MusicSnobbery | April 13, 2007 4:11 PM

Gutz and others at Glasslands tonight http://www.myspace.com/thelolitaparty

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2007 4:28 PM

Vague Angels and The Oranges Band in Brooklyn (Union Hall) tonight!

Posted by Me | April 13, 2007 4:49 PM

headed tonight to cake shop for kite operations, cd release.

Posted by annie lin | April 13, 2007 4:52 PM

A party in my house tonight and Of Montreal tomorrow. I'll sleep on Sunday.

Posted by Eduardo | April 13, 2007 4:52 PM

I'm seeing a band that never seems to be mentioned on BV, Soulive. I guess they fall into the funk/jam band category, but their shows are always lot of fun.

Posted by Dan | April 13, 2007 5:04 PM

I'm seeing a band that never seems to be mentioned on BV, Soulive. I guess they fall into the funk/jam band category, and their studio efforts are pretty lame, but their live shows are always lot of fun. Plus, any excuse to spend a Friday night in the Bowery Ballroom is worth taking.

Posted by Dan | April 13, 2007 5:06 PM

I'm seeing a band that never seems to be mentioned on BV, Soulive. I guess they fall into the funk/jam band category, and their studio efforts are pretty lame, but their live shows are always lot of fun. Plus, any chance to spend a Friday night in the Bowery Ballroom is worth taking.

Posted by Dan | April 13, 2007 5:07 PM

WAY sorry about the triple post...my bad.

Posted by Dan | April 13, 2007 5:08 PM

There will be 100 tickets at the door at studio b - first come first serve

Posted by Sean | April 13, 2007 5:46 PM

wow, dan really thought about that comment.

fucking hippie.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2007 6:39 PM

you could also come out to the brass convergence in prospect heights this sunday. april 15th 1pm, corner of Carlton & Pacific street. click my url if you want more details.

Posted by brooklyn heathen | April 13, 2007 8:03 PM

Hey, thanks for posting my photo!

Posted by Johanna | April 13, 2007 8:32 PM

Is the rest of you as sexy as your wrist?

Posted by ;-) | April 13, 2007 9:07 PM

ha! maybe.

Posted by Johanna | April 13, 2007 9:33 PM

Who else made it to Klaxons/Bonde do Role? Such a fun show. And dancing! There was a really euphoric atmosphere in Studio B. Plenty of hipsters of course, but enough people who were unafraid to let their hair down. The band seemed to be loving it as well.

I think the solution to the "why don't New York audiences dance?" quandary is: go to Brooklyn for dancing; go to Manhattan for arms-folding.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2007 10:19 AM

anon 10:19: fuck yes that show was a blast! having gone to both tklaxons/bonde do role shows this week, i can confirm your answer to the dancing problem. studio b's crowd was in a whole nother galaxy from the bowery. the band definelty noticed and played with much more enthusiasm! my only complaint was the waiting outside forever in the cold for the doors to open.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2007 10:41 AM

I must have missed the 'dancing' at Studio B. I mostly witnessed jumping and jockeying for position. I guess that's better than standing around, but still kind of sucked. Both bands were fun, though.

Posted by Devin | April 14, 2007 12:58 PM

bonde do role was quite possible the worst thing i've heard in my entire life

Posted by Jonas | April 14, 2007 2:04 PM

Do you think the WBAR bbq will still go on? There's predictions for 50 mile an hour winds tomorrow--isn't this an outdoor show?

Posted by betty | April 14, 2007 2:12 PM

Wow! The Jandek show was great. I went with no expectations and hr played in a 3-piece. Jandek on Guitar and vocals with drum and base and kicked it for about 2 hours and 40 minutes with no breaks. Best show I've seen in a long time and I go to a lot of shows. I was a skeptic, but I'm now totally sold on Jandek.

Posted by Andy | April 15, 2007 2:30 AM

the wbar show was moved indoors.

Posted by Anonymous | April 15, 2007 12:31 PM