Posted in music on April 28, 2007

As rumored, Scarlett Johansson sang backup during "Just Like Honey" for Jesus & Mary Chain at Coachella....

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

Jesus & Mary Chain & Scarlett Johansen  @ Coachella

These photos are from J&MC's 2nd reunion show. The night before Annie from Giant Drag sang Scarlett's part.

Stream Coachella from your computer, check out Amy Winehouse pictures.

Wish AT&T streamed that...I caught a bit of The Arctic Monkeys and Sonic Youth tonight, and am now watching Bjork. Deliriously great.

Posted by mike | April 28, 2007 2:18 AM

Bjork is amazing...The version of All Is Full Of Love was incredible (!!!)

Posted by brian-nyc | April 28, 2007 2:24 AM

Tix for Webster Hall are still on sale. Get them before the word gets out Scarlett might show.

Posted by jjazznola | April 28, 2007 3:41 AM

Just Like Honey, not candy.

Posted by witz.org | April 28, 2007 4:40 AM

witz - they are switching it up with the lyrics.

Posted by j | April 28, 2007 10:08 AM

why didn't AT&T stream this one?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2007 10:37 AM

"Just Like Honey, not candy."

thx, fixed. I was thinking about how it was wrong in the quote in the last post while I was writing it, so ended up writing that way. ha.

Posted by brooklynvegan | April 28, 2007 11:48 AM

What in the sam hill is she wearing?

Posted by ack | April 28, 2007 12:22 PM

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2007 12:49 PM

Because she can....
Also lets not forget Lost In Translation featured JAMC songs...which definitely helped them gain a little resurgence...

Posted by rt | April 28, 2007 1:30 PM

this is what bothers me abt the mary chain now. no need to have some hollywood actress on stage with them. seeing jamc in the early 80s, they were all abt punk rock, not this mess. where is jim's striped b&w shirt! just kidding.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2007 2:29 PM

The Jesus & Mary Chain with Scarlett Johansson, as streamed by AT&T. Ugh.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2007 5:32 PM

yeah, it would have been much cooler if other music provided the streaming. i hate it when corporations actually do something half-decent for music fans.

Posted by dave | April 29, 2007 10:37 AM

God, her legs look fat.

Posted by Pew | April 29, 2007 2:40 PM

she looks like Britney Spears

Posted by Anonymous | April 29, 2007 4:27 PM

her legs are looking alittle chubby, but i wouldnt mind giving her some of my honey.

Posted by Keith | April 30, 2007 5:00 AM

"i dont get it. why is scarlett singing with the mary chain? i mean, what the hell is that?"

In Lost In Translation, "Just Like Honey" started playing during the Johansson/Murray hug at the end, and then ran for over 2 minutes, into the credits. It's one of those defining moments in the movie, and JAMC know that a lot of new fans heard their first JAMC from that time.

It's a little nod to their new fans (we mustn't be all stogie shall we?). I kinda liked it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 11:23 AM

Yeah makes me sick. Isn't it enough to be a young, beautiful, rich starlet? Do you have to go onstage with the band too. Can't you just sit in your vip section at the side of the stage that your publicist got you into?

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:19 PM

Also its not like she picked the song, she was just in the film!

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:21 PM

Also its not like she picked the song, she was just in the film!

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:21 PM

Also its not like she picked the song, she was just in the film!

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:21 PM

Also its not like she picked the song, she was just in the film! So cheesy.

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:21 PM

Also its not like she picked the song, she was just in the film! So cheesy. I guess I'm all stogie whatever that means.

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:22 PM

Posted by littledebbiet | April 30, 2007 12:22 PM

ok but did she pick the song?

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 12:23 PM

"God, her legs look fat."

Her legs ARE fat.

Posted by fratster | April 30, 2007 2:58 PM

settle down hipsters..you make it sound like she is flying into the beth ditto zone..

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 3:06 PM

ahahahaha ......i think all of your skinny jeans have severely reduced oxygen to your brains. those legs are far from fat. are we comparing her to a 13 year old? you guys crack me up! keep it up hipsters; you are pure entertainment!

Posted by bewildered | April 30, 2007 5:12 PM

Posted by bewildered | April 30, 2007 5:13 PM

bewildered is probably fat.

Posted by Anonymous | April 30, 2007 5:28 PM

I am fat.

And her legs offend me.

Becase I can be fat and offended by fat.

I am fat and offended by fat.

Please, join me, all fats who don't like their fat selves and are offended by fat even though they themselves are fat.

Please join me in eating a pork.

Posted by cw | April 30, 2007 5:40 PM

i am fat! how did you guess? wow, you are a quick lil devil! now who said they have pork?

Posted by bewildered | April 30, 2007 9:28 PM

it was I who announced the pork

only fats are invited for it (the pork)

simply contact me

all of us can/will connect and disperse loneliness

Posted by cw | April 30, 2007 9:53 PM

God is fat.

He's afraid you'll find out. He's afraid you'll laugh at Him.

When God was lonely, He made Scarlett Johannson out of cookie dough.

What a card.

Posted by jc | April 30, 2007 10:25 PM

I don't think anybody here actually knows anything about Scarlett. She's an accomplished singer, with a fantastic husky voice. And when did it become illegal for Hollywood actresses to have good music taste? Christ, for all you oiks know, Lindsay Lohan could spend her evenings listening to Sonic Youth and Flipper.

Posted by Jeff | May 1, 2007 12:16 PM

was there the 2nd show at Coachella? couldn't see it at official site.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2007 12:18 PM

I swear, a woman can never appear on this site without somebody commenting on her body, usually negatively and always crassly (yes, that is a word). I wouldn't say her legs look fat AT ALL.

Posted by yawn | May 1, 2007 1:34 PM

You all are a bunch of assholes.
Did anyone forget to mention that she truly sounded great, or how it could have been hard for her to go on stage for her first time. No
The only thing you all care about is her legs looking fat.
Which they are not.
You try and stand in a bright light and see what your legs look like.
Assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2007 2:44 PM

I think she's hot regardless.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2007 2:53 PM

i doubt Beth Ditto nor Scarlett can fly. It's simply not possible.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2007 3:11 PM

"Did anyone forget to mention that she truly sounded great"

They may have if she did, but she didn't. She barely sounded at all, actually. Her part was very brief and she was 80% drowned out by the instruments and lead vocals. Any female who isn't tone deaf would have achieved pretty much the same affect.

Posted by Anonymous | May 1, 2007 3:22 PM

she's totally overrated. she looks good on screen and in most pictures (not these pictures though), but there's tons of more attractive and more talented wome, but for some reason she's everyone's darling. It's JAMC's prerogative to bring whomever they want on their stage, but that doesn't make it come off as anything but a cheap ploy to garner attention for their cash cow tour. $45 tickets for a show at Webster Hall? Those dudes saw their skint bank accounts, realized that they've had a bit of a resurgence, and decided it was time to kiss and make up while the money making potential is still there. I don't blame them, and I'll go see them, but I'll still call it what it obviously is.

Posted by Anonymous | May 5, 2007 5:42 PM

Why is Scarlett wearing a pillow cover?

Posted by Juha | May 6, 2007 7:41 PM

1. She sang coz she was invited, wouldnt you have done so? I hear some bitterness in all you darkie-hipsters-who-probably-heard-JMC-only-3-years-ago
2. Her legs look amazing (no orangeskin, which says all) and would love to have them wrapped around me
3. she is wearing a pillow cover because she can wear that and you would also be leagues away from her
4. if TJMC want to fill back their bank accounts, they deserve every penny, they are one of the most important bands in the past 20 years

Posted by elChaini | May 8, 2007 1:10 PM

I guess the Reid brothers really needed the heroin money.

Lost in Translation sucked... style over substance, and this is no exception. Apparently this is supposed to verify her coolness or something, but it failed to do that... and the Reid brothers just look like washed up slobs by riding this ugly gravy train. Singing back up on "Just like Honey"? That must've been really hard to do, I mean... you repeat a refrain over and over again in a monotone voice... talent flowing over the brim.

Posted by jf | May 8, 2007 3:47 PM

Rock and roll bands and celebrity twats should not cross into each others' lanes. This is a recent phenomenon, most likely started by Michael Stipe, with his charitable/film network.

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2007 2:03 PM

I heard Scarlett is now writing songs with Jim Reid and they kicked William out! They are going on tour as The Jesus Christ Why Do People Care So Much About Trivial Shit! We've become rapped up in dumb shit. All of us. It's just music. They are just people.

Posted by jmass | July 31, 2007 10:43 AM

Awesome comment, jmass. What sort of absolute TWATS are you people? Of course she was asked to do it by THEM. So get over it! And Scarlett is AWESOME because she is not a fucking orange-tanned starving TWIG with no class like every other starlet....arrggh. Now if it were Lindsay, I could understand the whinging. No wonder women get eating disorders.

Posted by lola | April 11, 2008 5:37 AM

the music industry today is unsophisticated. what happened to the sex drugs and rock and roll?? the bloody bashing? now it's all about standing, nodding, staring at the wall metro dressing hipster...

Posted by phishing | April 23, 2008 1:30 AM

People deserve wealthy life time and loans or just car loan can make it better. Just because people's freedom relies on money state.

Posted by Lawson25Elinor | December 8, 2011 3:56 AM

Making your own website you have to use only unique content. Nonetheless, even if your texts used to be completed by professional writing specialists, you cannot know that your papers are unique. Thence, you should use plagiarism detect. That can guarantee that your content is non-plagiarized.

Posted by plagiarism detect | February 10, 2012 3:10 AM

Posted by Comparateur forfait mobile | April 18, 2012 11:44 AM

Hi there, You have done a great job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they will be benefited from this web site.

Posted by miniclip | August 31, 2012 5:21 AM