A threat to free speech, or bigots getting what they deserve?
* CBS confirmed "The Dog House with JV and Elvis" show was canned permanently after an on-air prank call three weeks ago ordered "slimp flied lice" from a Chinese restaurant.If you're like me, you never even heard of JV and Elvis until just a few weeks ago when they made waves (sort of) right here in the indie rock community (is there such a thing?)
* In the wake of the Imus case, it would have been maddening to the community if these idiots did not get fired," said Queens City Councilman John Liu.
* The show had aired on WFNY-FM in the slot immediately after shock jocks Opie and Anthony - whose careers also hang in the balance.
* And comedian Donnell (Ashy) Rawlings also lost his job on New York's Power 105.1 FM station last week after he was suspended for making an anti-Semitic remark - reportedly saying "a cheap black guy" should be better known as "a Jewish black guy."
* But 100 protesters yesterday gathered in Union Square to support radio personalities under fire. "It's not about whether you like what you heard or not," said Debbie Wolf, president of People Against Censorship. "I find censorship to be far more offensive than anything that was said."