Posted in comedy | music on May 15, 2007

WAIT... Did you see Cloud Cult on MTV?

I Want My MTV

NEXT: Clell Tickle to reunite with Tapes 'n Tapes and Ted Leo on MTV. You can watch it, or you can be in the studio audience. Details below....

Clell Tickle

HUMAN GIANT: 24 HOURS LIVE ON MTV!

Last week, MTV told us we could get 24 hours on MTV and MTV2 to do whatever we want. So on Friday, May 18th at noon - we'll take over both channels for a full day and will host live from MTV's Times Square studio. They're literally letting us do whatever we want - we can program whatever shows we want, have guests, bands, music videos, anything! We just have to stay up for 24 hours and get a million hits on our website.

Here are a few of the guests we have coming down, (more bands and guests will be announced later in the week):

Will Arnett
Andy Blitz
Michael Cera
Zach Galifianakis
Jon Glaser
Eugene Mirman
Morningwood
Rob Riggle
Slovin and Allen
Tapes 'n Tapes
Ted Leo
Tegan and Sara

If you want FREE tickets to be in the audience, just send an e-mail to battleofthebands@mtvstaff.com and please include the following:

-Name
-Age
-Phone number

Of course, you are not obligated to stay in the audience for the full
24 hours and can stay as long as you want from what I understand. It should be really fun.

Previously
* Aziz and others on Flight of the Conchords

i never thought Clell Tickle was as funny as it could have been, so I expected Human Giant to suck. Surprisingly, the show fucking RULES. Hilarious...

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 8:51 AM

"We just have to stay up for 24 hours and get a million hits on our website."

What happens if their Web site doesn't get a million hits? (Do those million hits have to be collected during the 24 hours?)

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 9:17 AM

Let's see if I can name all the artists in that MTV commercial (a lot of these are guesses):

Pete Townshend, Mick Jagger, Cyndi Lauper

Pat Benatar, John (Cougar) Mellencamp, Stevie Nicks

a dude from Def Leppard whose name I never remember, Madonna, Billy Idol

Adam Ant, Lionel Richie, Daryl Hall & John Oates

David Bowie, Peter Wolf, Ric Ocasek

Culture Club, The Police

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 9:46 AM

Secret Machines Tickets back on sale on ticketweb

Posted by Lisa | May 15, 2007 10:13 AM

Secret Machines Tickets back on sale on ticketweb

Posted by Lisa | May 15, 2007 10:13 AM

how come BV is constantly talking about Human Giant. I haven't heard him mention the much funnier Whitest Kids You Know (on Fuse) who were just resigned for a second season. They've been doing the NY thing for years, playing a free show at Pianos every sunday. I think you should give them a shout out.....

Posted by Terry | May 15, 2007 10:18 AM

Anyone manage to get audience tickets?

Posted by Chris | May 15, 2007 10:29 AM

What is this tv you speak of? is that like the internet for old people?

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 12:06 PM

all those guesses are correct, for I am of that era. Pat Benetar looked liked it could have been Patty Smythe, but isn't. I think the Stevie Nicks is a bit distored, but I believe you are correct. And, Joe Elliott was the Def Lep man.

I want my MTV!!

Posted by otis spunkmeyer | May 15, 2007 12:24 PM

"how come BV is constantly talking about Human Giant"

Because Human Giant pays a marketing company to hit up blogs for coverage.

Posted by lammy | May 15, 2007 12:37 PM

Anyone got pics from LCD last night?

Posted by Drugs Delaney | May 15, 2007 1:03 PM

yo BV is friends with Human Giant dudes, like he would ever respond to marketing companies "hitting up" his blog. puh leeeeease. BV has the most cred!

Posted by pretty girl | May 15, 2007 1:07 PM

From today's Wall Street Journal:
"Who says you can't buy love? Trying to tap into the burgeoning power of blogs as promotional tools and fed up with the jaded attitudes of professional critics and TV feature writers, studios and networks are flooding bloggers with free stuff in hopes the flattered recipients will reward them with positive coverage. Flowing into the trough is everything from fancy gym bags and toasters to video iPods and free trips. Some networks -- in the spotlight this week as they unveil their fall schedules to advertisers -- have even borrowed a term from the technology industry to describe the strategy: blogola."

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 3:02 PM

MTV totally hooked me up with a new car in exchange for this post.....I wish.

Posted by brooklynvegan | May 15, 2007 3:10 PM

Thanks anon @ 12:35 for the !!! tip (!!!)

Posted by CupcakeKiller | May 15, 2007 3:34 PM

Because Human Giant pays a marketing company to hit up blogs for coverage.

It's how all of the awful "indie rock" and "indie comedy" shit gets attention. Certainly not based on quality or merit."

You are a fucking idiot. Brooklyn Vegan and Klaus have been covering Aziz and those guys since before MTV, and before anyone know who they were.

Posted by charles | May 15, 2007 3:43 PM

C'mon! I like to get drunk and sing Kareoke with the Whitest Kids U Know every Monday, but do you really think they deserve the same props as Human Giant? I personally think thier show is fairly weak in comparison to Aziz and Co... Human Giant is pretty much the first halfway-decent sketch show since the initial seasons of "In Living Color"

Posted by Little Osama | May 15, 2007 3:48 PM

Did anyone else notice Human Giant @ LCD Soundsystem on Sat? It was a total BV lovefest.

Posted by SA | May 15, 2007 4:18 PM

sonic youth will be a surprise around 11pm

Posted by Anonymous | May 15, 2007 5:12 PM

i dont think it sounds like a derivit

Posted by Anonymous | May 16, 2007 5:21 PM

they called me and I couldn't go

but they are doing shifts of being in the audience

all i know there is a 12-5 shift and a shift after 5

Posted by beau | May 17, 2007 6:10 PM

they called me too and i signed up for the 5-11 shift, although i won't stay the whole time.

Posted by k | May 17, 2007 8:00 PM

The National are now doing this too. they're on at 1:30am

Posted by Anonymous | May 18, 2007 10:19 AM

i luv ur show and want you to stay on the air you guys are like modern day jesus

Posted by andrew bleich | May 19, 2007 10:58 AM