Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on May 8, 2007

DOWNLOAD: The Fiery Furnaces - One More Time (Clash cover) (MP3)

Fiery FurnacesTickets have started going on sale for an upcoming Fiery Furnaces tour that includes a June 30th date at Maxwell's in Hoboken, and a July 1st date at Studio B in Brooklyn. All tour dates below...

The Fiery Furnaces - 2007 Tour Dates
Jul 1 - Brooklyn, NY Studio B
Jul 5 - Washington, DC Black Cat
Jul 6 - Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theatre
Jul 7 - Atlanta, GA The Earl

Previously
* more Fiery Furnaces posts

"tour that includes a July 1st date at Maxwell's in Hoboken, and a July 1st date at Studio B in Brooklyn."

June 30th* date at maxwell's

aight. you posted the dates. c'mon. :P

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2007 3:20 PM

Are they gonna have a new album too?

Posted by Eduardo | May 8, 2007 11:13 PM

gross

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 12:42 AM

what's gross? The Fiery Furnaces? What kind of people are reading this site now? Why would anyone say the fiery furnaces are "gross".

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 7:45 AM

While I would label them both as non-attractive, I wouldn't go as far as calling them gross. Our maybe anon was referring to their music?

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 8:31 AM

While I think they have an "interesting" concept, they are unbearable to listen to. The last show I caught (North Six) was a nightmare. Her vocals were impossible to decipher and with her redundant singing style, the lyrics should be the focus, since there is nothing else to hold onto in the midst of all the nauseating circusy cacophony going on there.

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 10:07 AM

They do cram a lot of words into each song, which may be hard to follow for someone who does not listen to music for reasons other than having a beat to tap their foot to. FFs are for more refined music-listeners. The show this past January at Northsix was the best the FFs have ever sounded. I thought it was an incredible show. You obviously don't like their style of music, so why bash them?

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 7:54 PM

Posted by Anonymous | May 9, 2007 7:55 PM

Still my favorite band working today. I see them everytime they play nyc and it is always a different experience. And scary to think that they have never sounded better than in their last (current?) incarnation in January at northsix. Sooo looking forward to the Maxwells show. The first band in seven years to get me to go out to Hoboken again.

Posted by j | May 9, 2007 8:40 PM

gross was most definitely referring to their music.. but eleanor's also pretty gross. i don't see how human beings like them

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2007 12:11 AM

go listen to the academy is you ill-informed vomit cunt

Posted by j | May 10, 2007 12:17 AM

"Eleanor is HOT! In my opinion, for one to label her as unattractive is astonishing."

You need to venture out from behind your computer and experiencing real women. Especially in a city like NYC with some of the most beautiful women in the world, how can you call plain jane Eleanor hot?

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2007 12:24 AM

She's hot cause she's making music rather than complain about it, douchebag. Also, learn grammar.

Posted by Anonymoose | May 10, 2007 12:34 AM

Well I am a woman and I think she is very attractive (and no I am not a lesbian before you ask). She is a natural beauty and there aren't many of those around these days as most women prefer to slap on the make up.

As far as the music goes I think the Furnaces are the most original band around and I absolutely love them.

Oh and as far as I know they are going to release a new album in the summer and I for one cannot wait.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2007 8:20 AM

Oh and I forgot to say I have no idea what she sees in Alex Kapranos though. She is way too cool for him.

Posted by Anonymous | May 10, 2007 8:34 AM

yeah, we want to know who the special guests are!

Posted by everyone | May 17, 2007 6:34 PM

The Maxwell's concert was quite excellent. "Opened" with a 30 minute start-to-finish of the Bitter Tea album. The rest was gravy.

My recording is up for download at my site
nyctaper dot com

Posted by nyctaper | July 1, 2007 10:39 AM

Studio B was excellent. Bitter Tea, followed by oldies reworked, including a great, sinister version of Tropical-Iceland. Liked the news stuff muchly - what little we heard.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2007 8:16 PM