Posted in music on June 19, 2007

52nd & Broadway

Live Nation is offering 50% off "select tickets with student ID" for Morrissey's upcoming shows at MSG (June 30) & PNC Bank Arts Center (July 6) - box office only. The setlist from his recent Hollywood Bowl show below...

Morrissey @ Murat Center, Indianapolis, IN (May 20, 2007) (CRED)
Morrissey in Indianapolis

setlist - June 8, 2007 - Hollywood Bowl
"The Queen Is Dead"
"Last Of The Famous International Playboys"
"Ganglord"
"National Front Disco"
"Disappointed"
"Girlfriend In A Coma"
"Let Me Kiss You"
"The Boy With A Thorn In His Side"
"Every Day Is Like Sunday"
"Irish Blood, English Heart"
"All You Need Is Me"
"First Of The Gang To Die"
"I Just Want to See the Boy Happy"
"I Will See You In Far Off Places"
"That's How People Grow Up"
"Life is a Pigsty"
"How Soon Is Now"
"Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"
"You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side"
"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

Photo via here.

Previously
* Morrissey - final 2007 Tour Dates, pre-sale & on-sale
* more Morrissey

When it was first officially announced he was playing the Big Room, I wondered how he would fill it.

Now I know.

No shame in it, but it was obvious from the get-go that, well, without at least a Johnny Marr on board, he'd have 11th hour difficulties moving seats.

Still, between the 50% off for students, and the inevitable papering, the Garden shall appear to be filled with many-a-bloom.

Hopefully MSG will get a NY Dolls cover.

IMHO, the setlist above wanks -- considering this was hawked as a "Best of" or "Greatest Hits" type of tour.

Posted by rnrrenegade | June 19, 2007 10:56 AM

at least the bowl got 'there is a light...' this is the only time he has performed it on this current tour.

Posted by cranky | June 19, 2007 11:04 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 11:11 AM

Any students want to help a guy buy two seats to Madison.

Message me if you can :)

Posted by Michael | June 19, 2007 11:12 AM

I have a couple of GA tickets - you can stand near the stage. Let me know if you are interested

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 11:17 AM

this is BULLSHIT for the student fans who payed early on for full price tix.
fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 11:27 AM

"Was it ever officially given the title of a "greatest hits" tour? Presale password aside of course."

Not that I'm aware of but... it was "rumored" as such and IMO, the TM Presale password was (condemning) evidence, enough! ;)

I guess one could always, ahem, ASK Mercurial Morrissey?

Posted by rnrrenegade | June 19, 2007 11:28 AM

How much for the GA?

Posted by Michael | June 19, 2007 11:43 AM

Ok, so how do you get these magical 50% off tickets?

Posted by Count Raffulon | June 19, 2007 11:50 AM

Yes, please more info about how to get the tickets. Where's the box office?

Posted by Eduardo | June 19, 2007 12:14 PM

The box office is in Erie, PA.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 12:18 PM

The MSG Box office is at:
4 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10001
located in the Garden's Main Ticket Lobby, directly beyond the building's Seventh Avenue Mall, at 7th Ave. and 32nd St.

Payment Accepted: Cash, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club

Monday through Friday:
Event Days - 9:00am to 1 hour after event starts
Non Event Days - 9:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday:
Event Days - 10:00am to 1 hour after event starts
Non Event Days - 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sundays:
Event Days - 12:00 Noon to 1 hour after event starts
Non Event Days - Closed
NOTE: For all matinee events, the Box Office will open at 9:00am and will remain open until 1 hour after event starts.

Posted by brooklynvegan | June 19, 2007 12:32 PM

Will Morrissy do any Cure songs?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 12:37 PM

I'm pretty poor so I was going to pass on this one, but my student ID could very well be what gets me to go.

Does one have to go the day of the show to get the discounted tickets? LiveNation has been no help.

Posted by Lester | June 19, 2007 12:45 PM

you can go anytime to the box office.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 12:51 PM

This sucks. I bought my tickets ages ago.

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 1:36 PM

any of you kiddies wanna meet up outside the box office and buy an old fart some tix? If you're going to buy yourself some anyways? no? well fine, fuck you too. ungrateful punk kids...

Posted by Mackie | June 19, 2007 3:03 PM

By the way, orchestra center seats for the July 6 show at the PNC Bank Arts Center finally were made available at Ticketbastard's site on Friday. I discovered this after checking almost every day since they first went on sale. I got myself a seat in the seventh row, right on the center aisle.

Posted by Moz fan | June 19, 2007 3:07 PM

Ahhh.....tickets are too expensive.. complain, tickets are discounted, complain...i love nyc!

Posted by glancyswoolcap | June 19, 2007 3:26 PM

Posted by glancyswoolcap | June 19, 2007 3:26 PM

this is a great place to see morrissey and not have to step over garbage on the floor.

Posted by bowerypresentsbarrymanilow | June 19, 2007 3:35 PM

How much did the tickets originally cost?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 4:10 PM

"Seems to me that the use of GREATESTHITS as the fan club pre-sale password and on T-shirts sold at the shows was/is meant sardonically.Posted by Moz fan | June 19, 2007 3:07 PM"

With all due, wouldn't that be giving Le Moz a bit too much credit: I mean, a subtext and all buried in yet out-in-the-open during a presale and its password.

Posted by Moz fan | June 19, 2007 3:07 PM

Hey, I think I know who you are, and you're compensating since you bought before the discount was announced, you're no longer a student and thus, both situations meant that you couldn't do an 11th hour scramble to save on the ducats, yes?

Just kidding, of course.

But you did buy for both, in the event both gigs churn out the UK Chart Toppers, yes!?

Posted by rnrrenegade | June 19, 2007 4:12 PM

Huh? I bought tickets to the shows at MSG and PNC Bank Arts Center and the Borgata simply because I want to see Morrissey three times. (However, if I couldn't have gotten a good seat for the PNC Bank AC show, I wouldn't be going to it.) Although if he were playing only songs from his last two albums, I would've been truly, truly disappointed.

Posted by Moz fan | June 19, 2007 5:04 PM

Posted by Moz fan | June 19, 2007 5:04 PM

Just teasing, is all, Moz fan: enjoy the trifecta!

Posted by rnrrenegade | June 19, 2007 5:33 PM

The thing that always amazes me about a Morrissey show is the audience.
You've got parents with their kids, straight couples, gay couples, all different races, grey-haired insurance salesmen and black-haired goths with every word committed to memory singing at the top of their lungs.
It's really a beautiful thing.
Some of these songs are almost 25 years old and are still so relevant to so many people of different generations.
I can't wait for these shows.
I just wish he would keep his shirt on.
But hey, that's just me.

Posted by Christopher | June 19, 2007 5:41 PM

blah,parents with their noisy stupid kids and lovey dovey couples.Think Ill stay home.

Posted by Enu | June 20, 2007 12:35 AM

FORGET ABOUT IT

tickets at the msg show are in the 400 section.

for your reference, thats the section at the very top and far left and right sides.

they are $17 and change each, with student ID, and whatever the cost of a very good pair of binoculars (no known student ID discount for those, which is too bad)

Posted by Anonymous | June 20, 2007 5:00 PM

forget what? tickets for MSG are not in section 400!! they still have tickets throughout the venue. I just checked.

Posted by Ricahrd | June 20, 2007 8:57 PM

17$ for Morrissey is good. Even at the 400 section MSG there's a pretty good view. Also, this show is drastically under sold. People at those sections will probably just be able to go down to one of the 300 sections or 200 sections without any problems.

Posted by Gustavo | June 21, 2007 11:11 PM

life is a pigsty

Posted by red | June 22, 2007 12:11 PM

If anyone is still reading this, I was at MSG box last night. It's not a true 50% off offer; it is 2-for-1, so you have to get an even number of tickets to take full advantage. Also, the best tickets offered for the promo were in section 426, but sounds like moving around wont be a problem.

Posted by rad | June 23, 2007 11:50 AM

Morrissey should play one end of the Garden, while simultaneously the Cure plays the other side. It still wouldn't sell out, but at least it won't look like a Knicks game in April.

And, forget the box office. You can get primo floor seat for face (or less) at craigslist. People are quite desperate to dump their "extras".

I've heard a few recordings of the current US leg of Moz's tour, and the old chap isn't sounding great--he also needs a new soundboard guy (um, less echo please!). Nevertheless, I'll be in the front of Section 7 at MSG to record.

Posted by danlynch | June 23, 2007 12:10 PM

Now i know how Joan of Arc felt...

Posted by Matt! | June 25, 2007 4:56 PM

2-3 extra tix to the pnc show this friday. face value or b/o if anyone wants to join me...

section 405, but i'll probably move up, or maybe just go sit on the lawn...

Posted by marcus | July 4, 2007 2:51 PM