Posted in music on June 17, 2007

and they look a little something like this*....

White Stripes Ticket Voucher
* the person who sent this to me got a little creative to protect their own identity

Were you on line? Here are a few quotes from the comments:

"I GOT TWO TICKETS. THANK YOU!!!!
Got there @ 2AM for the fun :)" [Oliver Klein]

"Got two tickets - got there at around 6:00 am, was 141st in line." [Marlow]

"got there 8:30 and got shut out with at least 100 people in front of me." [Anonymous]

Tickets are still available for their much larger MSG show. Some pics of the Irving Plaza line below....

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2007 2:25 PM

i saw mika, got there at 2, got tickets, saw the apples in stereo.
damn good day/night/day.

Posted by keith | June 17, 2007 2:36 PM

The guy above posted the same cl ad twice. And per the ad, who is Julia Allison?
Meanwhile, some fool posted on cl warning people that he works for a city agency and that cops are looking on cl for wilco and white stripes scalpers and will confiscate their tickets at the door. Hahah apparently this moron did not hear that scalping is legal in NY now.

I have an extra that i will give to Sarah from the Franz Ferdinand show or another hottie or i will sell it for 300-400 dollars. Leave your contact info in this comments section.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2007 4:55 PM

OOOO, I want it! Call me 917-FUCK-YOU

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2007 8:07 PM

I got there just before 8:00am and was the first person cut off. I guess it that always has to be someone but,.... Fuck all ya all line jumpers and your friends. I should have pulled the broad in the red dress, a handful of people in front of me, out of line by her well done hair that she had time enough do to show up around 11am to get in with her dorky boyfriend.

Posted by blah | June 17, 2007 9:00 PM

hey anon 4:55 i appreciate the offer but i'm going to another show that night! Maybe some other time!

Posted by sarah | June 17, 2007 9:16 PM

So has an official "No cameras"/"No bags" rule been sent out yet?

Posted by E.D. Pennypacker/Sonic Parthenon | June 17, 2007 10:47 PM

"OOOO, I want it! Call me 917-FUCK-YOU"

Anon 8:07pm, I called that number and it was your mother. Were you aware she is a prostitute?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2007 11:11 PM

by slight chance, got over there around 9:45 (I live around the corner)...but saw the line went around the block and ended up by the babies r us, I knew at least half those in line weren't going to get tickets (esp given the last minute line jumping situation - sorry blah).
new record is really good though...

Posted by josef | June 18, 2007 10:47 AM

why are people getting to the venue so early on the night of the show, esp if you have tickets already which guarantees your entry. i see stuff on craigslist for people willing to wait in line at 1pm for a +1 entry. irving is small enough to get there when doors open and still manage to get in and work my way up front. i'm gonna get there at 730 the earliest and will prob still be up front with everyone else..

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2007 12:16 PM

yeah, i don't get it.

i've already done my share of waiting, i have a ticket and i'm showing up when i damn well feel like it.

Posted by sticky bump | June 18, 2007 4:12 PM

Hell I dont want to even see the Citizen Band and they probably go on at 9. White Stripes wont go on till around 10. I will get there at fucking 945 and still be able to work my way up front. So enjoy waiting in line at 1pm you dummies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2007 4:26 PM

If anyone is selling their +1 ticket and is not charging an arm and a leg please let me know =(.

Posted by Steph | June 18, 2007 9:22 PM

I hope all you dickheads bragging about getting up front without putting in time on line before the show get the rude awakening you so greatly deserve.

Posted by   | June 18, 2007 9:52 PM

Anon 9:52 pm
Sadly for you crabapple that will not happen but im hoping i knock your punk ass over as im heading up to the front. If nothing else to see you pussy away and not back up your big mouth speak from behind a computer screen.

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2007 11:23 PM

now now children, calm down. we can all take turns going to the front. i recommend everyone in the crowd rotate counterclockwise every four songs that way we all get a turn seeing jack and meg up close. be nice, and try not to step on each others toes.

:P

Posted by sticky bump | June 19, 2007 9:33 AM

I used to get standing room tickets at the opera and they had a really civilized way of doing it. From 4Am on there would a woman waiting who would give you a number - then when the box office opened they would call you by number. No line jumping, no friends meeting and no camping out on the sidewalk. Much nicer!

Posted by rachel | June 19, 2007 9:46 AM

Tonites sched
Citizens Band 9:30
The White Stripes 10:40 and scheduled to play till 12:10

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 4:35 PM

How many people are lined up outside ...Irving Plaza now?

Posted by Anonymous | June 19, 2007 4:53 PM

Very good blog post. I just now discovered your website and wanted to mention that I've genuinely enjoyed browsing your posts.

Posted by Caron | July 8, 2013 4:53 PM