Posted in music | tour dates on June 13, 2007

White Stripes

Tuesday June 19th?

Stream 'Icky Thump', The latest White Stripes tour dates, including many with the unstoppable Cold War Kids, below....

The White Stripes - 2007 Tour Dates
Jul 11 - Charlottetown Civic Centre ++ Charlottetown, PE Canada
Jul 13 - Cunard Center ++ Halifax, NS Canada
Jul 14 - Savoy Theatre ++, Ashley MacIssac Glace Bay, NS Canada
Jul 16 - Mile One Center ++ St. John's, NF Canada
Jul 22 - Cumberland Civic Center w/Dan Satain Portland, Maine
Jul 23 - Agganis Arena ++ Boston, Massachusetts
Jul 24 - Madison Square Garden w/Grinderman and Porter Wagoner New York City, New York
Jul 25 - Chevrolet Theater ++ Wallingford, Connecticut
Oct 3 - Fargo Civic Auditorium * Fargo, North Dakota
Oct 4 - Pershing Center Auditorium * Lincoln, Nebraska
Oct 6 - Aragon Ballroom * Chicago, Illinois
Oct 7 - Aragon Ballroom * Chicago, Illinois

* w/ Cold War Kids
++ w/Dan Sartain

I know they're playing Conan on the 18th, but I havent seen anything anywhere else about them playing on the 19th

Posted by ben | June 13, 2007 11:05 AM

I guess it's a special album release show. There is a contest being held at Virgin.

Posted by brassbonanza | June 13, 2007 11:09 AM

There's a contest at Virgin Records to win tickets for this show. I don't think they'll be available for purchase

Posted by al | June 13, 2007 11:11 AM

why not webster hall...no one is scheduled play.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:12 AM

why not webster hall...no one is scheduled to play that night.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:13 AM

Interpol, Franz, Paul McCartney, and now this?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:14 AM

fuck webster fucking hall

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:15 AM

Irving > Webster, plus White Stripes are on a major, of course they're doing it at a Live Nation venue.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:16 AM

i am in line to get tickets for this show now. im actually stuck in the waiting room (real waiting room, not virtual).

tickets are being handed out at highline ballroom tonight personally by paul mccartney.

also, the show has been moved to the fillmore new york at nietzsche's bathtub.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:16 AM

so what's the contest? just walk down there and sign up?

Posted by walking to Virgin Store | June 13, 2007 11:17 AM

Webster = Bowery Presents
Irving = Live Nation

That's why.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:18 AM

i guess they will be doing a stubbs show or zona rosa show at acl....interesting

Posted by julio | June 13, 2007 11:20 AM

althought Bowery Presents are the ones taking home the $$$ at their MSG gig.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:22 AM

but bowery presents is doing their MSG show??? no?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:22 AM

I saw the White Stripes at the Bowery Ballroom back in the day (twice).

I'm so cool.

Cooler than you.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:32 AM

>>>>>
<<<<

Why are people so stupid...

Look at Bowery Presents website , you'll find them promoting many major label bands (including John Fuckin' Mayer) and yes The White Stripes too...I know you want to hate Live Nation but pick your fights and make the slightest effort to get your facts straight

Posted by RT | June 13, 2007 11:36 AM

Um I saw the White Stripes five times; they played in my living room; so i probably saw them at a small venue than you. They played 300 songs each time, so I probably heard more songs than you. That's all I have to say.

Posted by Penelope | June 13, 2007 11:39 AM

Um I saw the White Stripes five times; they played in my living room; so i probably saw them at a smaller venue than you. They played 300 songs each time, so I probably heard more songs than you. That's all I have to say.

Posted by Penelope | June 13, 2007 11:39 AM

Holy Shit. I'm not in NY till Friday. Any way to get tickets?

Posted by James Brodie | June 13, 2007 11:42 AM

so....how does one enter the contest?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 11:42 AM

Is there any updated info on this yet? Also, is it the Union Square Virgin Record?

Posted by K | June 13, 2007 11:57 AM

how do i get these tickets, must have

Posted by elsweiser | June 13, 2007 12:03 PM

there is a booth in virgin megastore -- fill out as many slips with your info and drop them in.

not sure if they're at the times sq one, but definitely at the union sq one.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 12:08 PM

Irving sucks. Webster better. Irving may be smaller but has really gone downhill acoustically and with their bad customer service. If you end up getting stuck in the back by the bar beneath the low overhang you might as well go home and listen to the music with ear muffs. Same sound quality. Been to 2 shows during the winter where they ran out of coat check space. Got there earlier the 2nd time...didnt matter. Real enjoyable watching a show in a heavy coat. The ticket sale for the Wilco show at Warsaw was laughable. The Irving people made everyone stand in line for over 2 hours before they figured exactly who could get tickets and who couldnt. But they even screwed that up, only 1/4 of the people in line got tickets and the line wasnt that long. Last year, they gave The Strokes one of the top billing at their annual Joey Ramone Birthday Bash. People were all excited to see the Strokes at such a small venue and tickets were tough to get. Most of the bands there did at least 3 to 5 songs. Strokes came out did one quick song then took off. Not their fault. Irving mis-promoted the show by "accident."

Real Mickey Mouse operation, irving plaza.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 12:10 PM

Bouncers at Webster are complete twats.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 12:30 PM

Webster sound better than IRving????? What has this doofus above been smoking?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 12:36 PM

The Webster sound IS much better than Irving!! Without a doubt.

And agreed, those bouncers at Webster Hall are the absolute worst.

Posted by Drugs Delaney | June 13, 2007 1:06 PM

we're sure about this conan thing?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:10 PM

Yeah ummmm NO, Webster's sound is not better than Irving.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:24 PM

seriously. what's with the late heads-up with these bands? interpol and paul crushed me and now this? i didn't want to see them at msg and hoped they'd come to webster/irving/bowery/highline...damn.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:25 PM

the white stripes played for me in a portapotty while I took a shit one summer night.

it was a cramped, sweaty, intimate orgy of pressed-flesh and hot rock soundz that no one will ever understand.

this was back when they were just two kids hanging on the streets. I was like: "Hey you vagrant shitheads, come sing for me in a portapotty and I'll give you some hot dogs."

Posted by c | June 13, 2007 1:26 PM

Funny I see Irving listed as one of the best places to see a band in NYC all the time. Even funnier I never see Webster listed in those same places. I guess that is because all those hipsters write these lists

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:27 PM

What?? Virgin Megastore? Why are they not doing this at Other Music.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:34 PM

Because the White Stripes aren't indie and Manhattan does exist above 14th Street.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:39 PM

The sound at Irving is much better than Webster Hall. I don't even see how that could be debated. Webster might have the worst sound in New York.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:50 PM

The f train has shitty service and people still ride it. Who gives a fuck?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:53 PM

WB promo team in full effect:

The White Stripes will be performing a very special show in West Hollywood, CA on June 20th. The band will play a live show for fans at a specially constructed "Icky Thump Records" store on Sunset Boulevard. The location of Icky Thump Records is the site of the former Tower Records flagship store at 8801 W. Sunset Blvd. Tickets for this unique performance will be made available to the first 200 fans who purchase the album at this store, which opens at midnight on Monday, June 18th. Tickets are limited and will be given on a first come, first served basis. A handful of tickets will also be available to listeners of KROQ radio from Friday, June 15 - Sunday, June 17th. The Icky Thump Records performance will be the band's first Los Angeles show since December 2005.

Thanks,
The White Stripes newsletter team

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 1:59 PM

The Stripes are playing in Iqaluit, Nunavut. How fucking cool is that? I live in Canada and even though a lot of you in the States think of Canada as a big cold barren wilderness, those of us in Canada can't even comprehend the wilderness that is Nunavut. I'm talking Arctic Circle!! That's north, my friends. Nunavut is probably bigger than California and the population is maybe in the tens of thousands at most. Good for the Stripes, I say.

Posted by Dudley Do-Right | June 13, 2007 2:20 PM

To each his own on the sound. I actually love Webster Hall, and I think the sound is phenomenal. I'd take it over Irving Plaza anyday...whoever said that part about being stuck under the overhang at Irving Plaza was dead-on. That shit is the worst.

Posted by Drugs Delaney | June 13, 2007 2:39 PM

Conan doesn't film on monday.
They could still do Conan on tuesday and then at either irving or webstah that night.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 2:41 PM

The sound in Nunavut sucks. The Yukon is much better. Plus the Mounties there are such assholes.

Posted by Matt | June 13, 2007 2:42 PM

Not to pile it on but it is actually not to each his own sound. Irving is just much better than Webster's. Id advise Anon 2:39 to have his ears checked

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 2:53 PM

Concerning this Irving Plaza/Webster Hall, who's got the better sound debate? As much as I hate Irving Plaza and think its a safety hazard waiting to happen, I have to give to them. Irving Plaza is more "enclosed" or, doesn't have as much open space as Webster Hall, plus its louder also - not saying that louder equal better but when the dudes on-stage are beating the shit out of their instruments, you can hear it. At Webster Hall, I saw BRMC and during the show I realized that I didn't have to wear earplugs - and this is BRMC! Last time I saw them @ Irving, my ears were ringing and I was wearing earplugs.

Posted by b.LOUD | June 13, 2007 2:53 PM

They are absolutely killing live right now on BBC Radio 1 at Maide Vale.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 2:54 PM

Holy crap is Meg actually singing on Hotel Yorba?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 3:16 PM

Yeah Ummmm YES. Irving plaza sound does suck. Especially under that overhang. It used to be good. Used to be. Its not even Irving Plaza anymore..its The Fillmore. Maybe with the new name some new money will come in to give the sound system an overhaul. Or how about this? Buy some new speakers and mixers that are a bit updated from the 1970 quality. At least you'd be getting rid of some of the dust in there.

Webster hall isnt getting off the hook either. The bouncers do suck. Aside from that, they should learn not to overbook the place with their Prom Night Roller Skating Disco Party forcing the headlining bands to play a 9pm curfew in order to herd the concert goers out and the clubbers in. Sonic Youth had to go on at 8pm. Off by 9pm. No one was told they'd be playing a matinee. One venue one nightly event, that's all I'm saying.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 3:32 PM

Well anon 3:32 now i know you are ridiculous because i was at that sonic youth show and they were not off by 9. they were done at around 10:30pm. And im sure anyone else who was at that show would vouch for that. You were probably not there or are delusional. I would guess the latter with you saying those things about Irving Plaza. For your information, the fact that it is now the fillmore means nothing. The place did not change ownership at all. All that happened was they took a name branding..much like stadiums do now. Yes they added some pictures on the wall and they changed the layout a bit upstairs but nothing drastic. It is still Irving Plaza but just The Fillmore at Irving Plaza. As for the sound system, as stated above in another post, Irving is continually rated by sound experts, concert goers and industry people as one of the best venues to see a NYC concert in.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 3:50 PM

So is there any actual info confirming this Irving show or how to get it? Free? First come, first serve? I refused to get the MSG tickets so this is a golden opportunity.

Posted by Finchmeister | June 13, 2007 3:52 PM

Sonic Youth was off by 9:30pm at least at that webster hall show. 3:50pm is full of crap. People were steaming mad. It was a show on a weekend and they have to move people out of there to make room for their dance club people.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 3:59 PM

Dude above is full of shit. They were not off by 9:30 and people loved the show. Look back in the BV history of posts on the show and see for yourself. This guy is a hater douchebag. First he said 9pm and then he said 9:30
go away

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 4:07 PM

Anon 3:59, I was at the Sonic Youth show @ Webster Hall and they certainly played past 9:30. They left the stage around 10:30. I agree that's still a bit early for a weekend show, but I don't remember anyone I was with or around being "steaming mad" about it. (But the sound is still better at Irving Plaza.)

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 4:29 PM

Irving mngmt is a bunch of fucks. Production team is the worst. Half the time I'm there the band is in the dark, I mean dark dark. But overall dealing with Irving production team was a nightmare for a gig we had there. I'd like to specifically mention a short, balding man with serious ego problems.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 5:46 PM

^^^ your dad?

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 5:51 PM

Sonic Youth left stage around 9:30p. The opening act was Wooden Wand. Doors opened at 6pm. The concert was Fri. Feb 16th 2007 in the grand ballroom of webster hall.

Every Friday night Webster Hall has a dance type event in the grand ballroom where the doors open at 10pm. This this week its "Imagine Fridays" with DJ Moody.

So if you are planning on seeing Voxtrot this Friday at Webster Hall, and they're not playing at the small roller rink downstairs, be prepared to be cattled out of there before 10pm.

Fridays suck at Webster Hall.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 6:14 PM

^^^ again WRONG as 2 people who were actually at the show posted. And again you can always look back at the posts on the show on BV and you can see what the people who were there said at the time
Again, this idiot above is just spouting nonsense

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 6:23 PM

Every Friday night at Webster Hall they have a dance party. Every friday. Its been like that for years there. Friday nights are their biggest money maker. 10pm doors for the dance party. Unless sonic youth played for the dance party there was no way they were playing past 10pm on a friday at webster hall.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 6:44 PM

They started the dance party late as they do lots of times when they have a concert beforehand,. I distinctly remember that as we were headingout around 10:30 when the show was over they were letting people in downstairs at the other door

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 6:56 PM

Ok, you got me 6:44p. Maybe i was a little wasted that night, or maybe i didnt even go to that concert and I'm just spouting out nonsense in hopes someone will listen. Maybe the concert in my brain was still going on at 10:30pm. That's probably the concert I thought i was hearing. My sober friend that night just told me they went off at 9:45p. Nevermind. I'll shut up now.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 6:59 PM

No way they started the dance party late. Angry long islanders would have torched the place at 10:30.

Posted by Anonymous | June 13, 2007 7:38 PM

Oh god more of this nonsense. Again people, simply go back in the BV logs for the posts about the show and you will see a number of people who stated they ended around 10:30. Good lord stop the nonsense.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2007 12:17 AM

It's not there. Please put link up of BV sonic youth show on feb 16th to back it up.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2007 7:30 AM

Yeah, there's no "simply" anything. BV never covered that show. You've single-handedly lost your argument for yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2007 7:53 AM

Beware! Your basketball is more likely to get stolen at Webster Hall than at Irving Plaza.

Posted by Anonymous | June 16, 2007 4:15 PM

Dan Sartain is opening for the White Stripes...that's awesome!!! He's from my hometown (Birmingham, Alabama)

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2007 2:45 AM