Posted in music | stolen gear | tour dates on July 30, 2007

Deerhunter (Bradford) @ Pitchfork Fest 2007 (CRED)
Deerhunter @ Pitchfork FEstival

We got a friendly homecoming suprise last night in Atlanta when Lockett and I got robbed at gunpoint after our show at Lenny's last night. We literally had just walked off the stage and I was pretty wasted. Lockett was trying to take care of me and get me home. He grabbed my guitar and my stuff and we walked to his car which was parked about a block away from Lenny's because it was so crowded. I heard a commotion behind us but like I said I was pretty out of it. I just opened the door to the car and collapsed in the passenger seat. Then I heard all this yelling and I hear this loud metallic banging on the window and look up and there is a gun in my face and a guy yelling "get the fuck out the car man" I stumbled out and see the other guy has Lockett with his arms spread on the roof of his car and is patting him down. Lockett was begging them to leave me alone. The guy put his gun up to my temple and said "give me EVERYTHING motherfucker I aint fucking with you" I just mumbled something and he put his hands in my pants and took everything I had. My cellphone, my wallet (empty except for credit / bank cards which kristin immidietly cancelled, and about 450 dollars in cash I had for my rent.) They also got all of Lockett's money. They even took my fucking Camel Ultralights and Orange Bic. All I can say is that I'm glad we are not dead. Or more specifically, I am REALLY glad they didn't hurt Lockett. He was just trying to help me get home and would not have even been there at that time otherwise.

Bradford

Deerhunter's next NYC show is at South Street Seaport. All tour dates below...

Deerhunter - 2007 Tour Dates
Aug 26 - Fuck Yeah Fest IV @ The Echo/The Echoplex w/ No Age, Jay Reatard, Pissed Jeans, and many more! Los Angeles, California
Aug 30 - Black Cat Backstage Washington DC, Washington DC
Aug 31 - Seaport Music Festival w/ Battles New York City, New York
Sep 1 - Ottobar Baltimore, Maryland
Sep 6 - Neumos w/ Grizzly Bear Seattle, Washington
Sep 8 - Doug Fir Lounge w/ Bobby Conn Portland, Oregon
Sep 27 - Drunken Unicorn w/ No Age Atlanta, Georgia
Sep 28 - Mercy Lounge w/ No Age Nashville, Tennessee
Sep 29 - The Wire presents Adventures In Modern Music Festival @ Empty Bottle w/ No Age Chicago, Illinois
Oct 1 - Canopy Club / Club Void Urbana, Illinois
Oct 2 - Southgate House Newport, Kentucky
Nov 2 - ATP presents Release The Bats @ The Forum w/ Liars, Black Lips, Deerhoof, and Fuck Buttons London, London and South East

Previously
* more Deerhunter

Tags: Deerhunter

not the orange bic!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 12:27 AM

coincidentally i almost got stabbed in coney island while going to see sonic youth yesterday

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 1:34 AM

nice!

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 4:14 AM

uh, that girl's anorexic

Posted by holland oats | July 30, 2007 7:29 AM

(shock) - seriously

Posted by schlep | July 30, 2007 8:12 AM

Holland Oats-that comment is so not cool in a section about how the guy was robbed at gunpoint but still im actually laughing my ass off right now to what you said.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 8:41 AM

anorexic comment not funny, the guy has an actual medical condition where he can't put on weight.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 8:57 AM

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 8:57 AM

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 8:57 AM

i hate those comments. thanks for mentioning anon 8:57

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 9:09 AM

Lenny's is in a pretty shitty area of the ATL...not surprised....

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 9:10 AM

who carries around their rent? for that matter, who pays their rent in cash, besides waiters and dealers?

get an f'in bank account and write a check! like the rest of the working world!

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 9:13 AM

His fault he got mugged. Nice.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 9:26 AM

"empty except for credit / bank cards which kristin immidietly cancelled, and about 450 dollars in cash I had for my rent..."

Good thing is was empty

Posted by Mackie | July 30, 2007 9:46 AM

Good thing is was empty

Posted by Mackie | July 30, 2007 9:47 AM

People who get wasted and can't hold their shit together become targets. Especially ones who carry 450 bucks in their "empty" wallet. I smell a dueche.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 10:41 AM

"get an f'in bank account and write a check! like the rest of the working world!"

The guy tours all over the world in a band. Something tells me he's not "like the rest of the working world." Also, I've had landlords here in NYC who only accepted cash for rent. Shady? Sure, but it's nice feeling like you are somehow contributing to the Russian mob.

Posted by will | July 30, 2007 11:12 AM

its probably stupid of me to respond to this stuff but...
the reason i had 450 dollars on me was because i just got paid from a fucking show dipshit. "WE HAD LITERALLY JUST WALKED OFF THE STAGE..." I would have put it in my bank account (yes! i have one! shock!) to write a check to my landlord but you know like this dude took it from me by putting a GUN TO MY HEAD. and the only reason i mentioned the orange bic and ultralights was to stress how they just grabbed everything. i don't REALLY give a fuck about a lighter. and as far as the anorexic comments, i don't even pay attention anymore.

Posted by bradford cox | July 30, 2007 11:38 AM

its probably stupid of me to respond to this stuff but...

Posted by bradford cox | July 30, 2007 11:39 AM

now i really feel stupid for responding since it posted twice. and btw when i said my wallet was empty i meant my wallet was empty. the cash was in my pockets. its pretty rad that you have to pick apart everything i said. i was pretty stressed out when i wrote that and the reason i wrote it was to let friends in atl know what's up and to let lockett know how grateful i am.

Posted by bradford cox | July 30, 2007 11:43 AM

oh, wait, that is shady...

but thats nyc for you...

also if you get paid cash at a club, you never have to report that as income either, unless they make you sign a receipt. whos gonna prove it? you gotta love it.

Posted by nyc noise fan | July 30, 2007 11:55 AM

Posted by nyc noise fan | July 30, 2007 12:02 PM

isnt anorexia a medical condition where you cant put on weight?

seriously, does he have crohns? The lead singer of Glassjaw, who has crohns, is opne sick dude...

Posted by DrDoom | July 30, 2007 12:07 PM

he's got marfans syndrome.

go do some fucking research if you care so much - but enough with the anorexic comments

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 12:22 PM

"and btw if i was cops id really look into employees at this club and request phone records, sounds like someone might have been tipped off. doesnt hurt to check."

If the police in Atlanta are anything like the NYPD, they're too understaffed (at best) or too apathetic (at worst) to investigate a robbery that netted "only" $450. Certainly, getting a warrant to get the cell phone records of every employee at the club is a big headache.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 1:00 PM

why are people so sensitive about others chronic maladies? its not like your Shriners or anything

Posted by jerk | July 30, 2007 3:14 PM

why are people so sensitive about others chronic maladies? its not like you're Shriners or anything

Posted by jerk | July 30, 2007 3:15 PM

ultralights... how fitting

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 4:35 PM

jeebus, look at all those cameras. the photographers look like little baby birds.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 4:43 PM

IM IN UR INDIE ROCK STEALING UR MONEYS

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 5:06 PM

a human that skinny should not be allowed to drink alcohol.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 5:20 PM

i have a friend that played that show in atlanta too and he said everyone got paid in checks. did you cash your check at some gas station or something? places that do that are ususally in sketchy parts of town anyway

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2007 7:12 PM

A pissed off blipster after the show? I keed, I keed.

Posted by Jonny Red | July 31, 2007 5:28 AM

Hey Jonny Red...f*ck off with the racist jokes. I no keed, I no keed.

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2007 8:27 AM

I thought a blipster was a video game addict?

MY LIES BEAT YOUR LIES!

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | July 31, 2007 8:42 AM

interesting

Posted by Thesis writing | March 13, 2009 8:19 AM

interesting article

Posted by Buy Essay | March 13, 2009 8:21 AM

GOOD BLOG

Posted by custom writing | August 1, 2009 6:28 AM

This is very nice post. Thanks for sharing

Posted by Vintage china vase | August 4, 2009 6:12 AM

This is a great blog. I have found lots of good info from this. Thanks

Posted by holly hayden | August 4, 2009 6:14 AM

"nothing shady about wanting cash for rent, that way the landlord can underreport his rent income and save on income taxes. or pay part of rent on check and balance as cash under the table. sometimes landlord will give a break on rent if you willing to pay cash."

Thank you!

I.R.S.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2009 8:03 AM

Why don't you get a gun like the rest of the working world?

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2009 8:20 AM

Deerhunter is an indie rock band which formed in 2001 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.

Posted by collar stiffeners | August 10, 2009 5:09 AM

Thus, even if the diversity of the human population is sometimes considered threatened (see in particular indigenous people), few people envision human disappearance at short span.

Posted by world of warcraft gold | August 15, 2009 1:43 PM

According to Norberto Bobbio, one of the major exponents of this distinction, the Left believes in attempting to eradicate social inequality, while the Right regards most social inequality as the result of ineradicable natural inequalities, and sees attempts to enforce social equality as utopian or authoritarian.

Southampton dental implants

Posted by Southampton dental implants | August 17, 2009 2:54 PM

Charges were dismissed Wednesday against two Hazleton men who, police say, forced a man to strip naked at gunpoint and robbed him.

Posted by Free iPhone | August 19, 2009 6:26 AM

Posted by boya | August 19, 2009 8:22 AM

oh, I thought you were just spamming.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2009 2:25 PM

They even took my fucking Camel Ultralights and Orange Bic.

Posted by Fun Games To Play | August 23, 2009 7:50 AM

Generally a smaller business is more flexible, while larger businesses, or those with wider ownership or more formal structures, will usually tend to be organized as partnerships or (more commonly) corporations.

Posted by eve isk | August 25, 2009 4:50 AM

Posted by link building strategy | August 26, 2009 9:44 AM

Posted by Research Paper | August 29, 2009 10:18 AM

Posted by protection identity theft | August 30, 2009 6:00 AM

Posted by Cosmetic dentists in Kent | August 31, 2009 3:24 AM

Posted by best fat loss diet plans | August 31, 2009 8:07 AM

ffxi gil

Posted by ffxi gil | August 31, 2009 10:03 AM

For instance, some religious, feminist or vegetarian/vegan activists try to persuade people to change their behavior directly, rather than persuade governments to change laws.

Posted by lineage 2 adena | September 1, 2009 1:55 AM

Ethereal music makers Deerhunter, predominately known for tip toeing along orchestral peaks of dreamlike mountains, were thrust into a horrific nightmare in their hometown of Atlanta Friday night when singer Bradford Cox and guitarist Lockett Pundt were robbed at gunpoint.

Posted by Domain Development | September 2, 2009 3:06 AM

very appreciating informative

Posted by COLLEGE PAPERS | September 2, 2009 6:07 AM

ventrilo servers

Posted by ventrilo servers | September 11, 2009 2:57 AM

Penny Stock Picks|Mailing Addresses

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2009 12:35 PM

There is no large scale statistics on the incidence of minor injuries. However, for physical traumas or injuries leading to hospital discharge, common causes are traffic accidents and falls.

Posted by smith mountain lake va | September 14, 2009 2:02 PM

Posted by driver update scan | September 16, 2009 9:15 AM

did you inform local police station? You have not mentioned that...
smith mountain lake condo

Posted by Wasimul Haque | September 16, 2009 2:32 PM

Yes that's right you should inform the local police station Immediately.

Posted by ventrilo server | September 17, 2009 3:59 AM

More extreme than libertarians are anarchists, who argue for the total abolition of government, while the most extreme authoritarians are totalitarians who support state control over all aspects of society.

car transportation

Posted by car transportation | September 18, 2009 12:47 PM

Two members of Deerhunter were mugged by two guys armed with guns Friday night, following a gig at Lenny's in their hometown of Atlanta, GA.

Posted by sexy costumes | September 20, 2009 11:02 AM

Interesting post.

Posted by Christian School Online | September 25, 2009 1:20 AM

Great Article.

Posted by Online High School | September 25, 2009 1:21 AM

Good work , keep it up .

Posted by Protocol Testing | September 25, 2009 1:24 AM

Thanks for sharing such a great blog .

Posted by divorce for men | September 25, 2009 1:25 AM

Posted by Blackberry phones | September 25, 2009 7:49 AM

Posted by Adult Toy | November 2, 2009 1:42 AM

It always shocks me to read that things like this are still happening. Why don't people just respect each other? WHy would you do this to another human being?

Posted by Free Xbox 360 | November 12, 2009 3:54 PM

Posted by kitchen hand mixer | November 25, 2009 11:56 AM

Ohh!! It such a nice style of writing, i have just one suggestion if you try to speak
more delightfully you need to buy essay
and learn some phrasal words…

Posted by custom written essay | December 17, 2009 5:33 AM

Good post and a fantastic read. You have raised some valid points. Great work, keep it up. I love returning back to this site and reading the quality content you always have on offer.

Posted by dissertation writing | December 17, 2009 5:35 AM

It was a very nice idea! Just wanna say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. I will be your loyal reader. Thanks again.

Posted by college papers | December 17, 2009 5:37 AM

Thanks for sharing your views on the topic. It makes one think and look the other side of the story.

Posted by term papers | December 17, 2009 5:39 AM

Oh! this site has really nice & awesome information. Thanks.

Posted by term paper | December 17, 2009 5:40 AM

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. To me, you are doing the great work. Carry on this. work at home In the end, I would like to thank you for making such a nice website.

Posted by free essay | December 17, 2009 5:41 AM

They are terrible though but thanks for your post.

Posted by Free sat nav | December 21, 2009 2:03 PM

looking forward to seeing these live this year, ill take my stab vest with me lol.

Posted by free islate | January 4, 2010 11:51 AM

such a great post, nice to read you article, thank you for sharing this information with us,

Posted by Bachelors Degree | January 9, 2010 7:51 AM

So last night at the Black Cat in DC Deerhunter showed up minus guitarist Colin Mee. [Frontman] Bradford [Cox] played his Fender Jazzmaster through the whole set (except for "Dr. Glass"). His only mention of the missing Mee was that they were now a four piece and this was their first show as such (He mentioned this about four different times throughout the show offering no details or reason for the line-up change). I can't say the music suffered (the music was a bit different though) but Bradford's stage antics were all but gone because of his new guitar duties.testking 70-528

Posted by testking 70-536 | January 12, 2010 6:20 AM

Thanks for sharing the information.It is definitely going to help me some time.
Chapel Hill Houses for Sale

Posted by Chapel Hill Houses for Sale | January 24, 2010 2:18 PM

lovely post there and good one.watch movies online

Posted by Watch Movies Online | January 28, 2010 11:15 AM

Classic film

Posted by Free iPad | February 7, 2010 5:16 PM

I do believe so

Posted by Free iPhone 3GS | February 7, 2010 5:17 PM

that is really shocking huh! Anyways, nice post! keep on rocking!

Posted by Essay Writers | February 11, 2010 9:41 PM

thank you for posting this article! it's really nice!

Posted by Custom Essays | February 11, 2010 9:44 PM

Wow - sorry about the mugging

Posted by Flood damage | February 15, 2010 4:39 PM

It really his fault he got mugged dont you think?

Posted by logo pens | February 18, 2010 4:08 AM

Why wasn't there some kind of security? Especially if you'd just walked off stage? That sounds really scary & I'm glad you are both fine.

Posted by Goji Juice Research | February 25, 2010 10:19 AM

nice post

Posted by edit relief | March 6, 2010 7:04 AM

Good read, Thanks.

Posted by Kirsty | March 24, 2010 5:16 AM

Wow what part of Atlanta is this? Planning a trip there soon so I think I will skip this Lenny's place.

Posted by Finger Lakes real estate | March 24, 2010 3:43 PM

wow.. what is that? that's so thin...

Posted by Halloween costumes | May 13, 2010 10:05 AM

Nooooo Way! that's ridiculous. I was at the seaport later that night I cant believe it. I also cant believe i missed the concert Korn rocks!

Posted by speed dating new york | May 27, 2010 1:41 AM

I don't know if I should be, but Im laughing out loud. This kinda stuff happens and you just have to laugh sometimes. No stress.

Posted by Chicago Speed Dating | July 2, 2010 12:44 PM

That person does look unhealthily skinny, but people do have health issues sometimes that causes such medical problems.

Posted by Doctor Help | July 22, 2010 6:49 AM

Horrifying picture.
I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up one day on the cover of horror movie.

Posted by Kitchen Hand Mixer | August 2, 2010 4:35 PM

That really sucks.. thankfully you guys didnt get hurt right?

Posted by vampire diaries season 2 episodes | September 17, 2010 3:25 AM

Sounds like one crazy night. Surprised you made it out alive!

Posted by Howie Hubler | September 20, 2010 5:03 PM

WOW, getting robbed after a gig, that's just a low blow. At least no one was hurt. That's the important thing.

Posted by Billy Madden | October 13, 2010 11:56 PM

THEY TOOK MY JEB!!!

Posted by car transportation | October 29, 2010 11:44 AM

They took yer Jeb?

Posted by progressive house | October 29, 2010 11:46 AM

That sounds really terrible! I hope your doing okay now.

Posted by Dating | November 4, 2010 8:48 AM

Posted by ultrams | November 8, 2010 11:38 AM

I've been robbed one time myself too and it for sure isn't nice.

Posted by craps | November 10, 2010 9:36 AM

The main reason weapons exist is so that people can either hunt for food, or to protect themselves. People should never be robbed at gunpoint.

Posted by Speed Dating NYC | November 17, 2010 2:18 AM

Too bad they got robbed. Maybe they didn't have enough protection?

Posted by poker | November 25, 2010 10:18 AM

definitely there is some problem here!

Posted by Headboards and Footboards | November 26, 2010 4:58 AM

This is extremely horrible experienced. We just found a lack of security. These types of incidents are very shameful to us.

Posted by Adult Sex Dating | December 23, 2010 3:53 AM

wow I cant believe this stuff still happens!

Posted by Jonathan Fuld | January 27, 2011 1:40 PM

That's brutal... glad you posted about it to raise awareness, something needs to be done about these crimes and the cops should stop worrying about and profiting off the pointless victimless crimes.

Posted by Red Deer Heating | February 1, 2011 1:01 AM

butt tattoos kick ass, and ass tattoos kick butt.

Posted by Anonymous | February 1, 2011 3:28 AM

Oh yes they have a problem. Thats really heavy

Posted by WG Karlsruhe | February 15, 2011 7:53 AM

They should have caught it on tape. Or at least taped the event! Video production is key!

Posted by iProduction Studio | March 1, 2011 5:04 PM

That is crazy they were robbed at gunpoint! I am surprised a security system didn't catch any of the action.

Posted by CCTV Security Systems | April 4, 2011 2:51 PM

Honestly, I am not in favor of deer hunting.. I feel pity to the deers.

Posted by IELTS Preparation Course | May 7, 2011 12:31 AM

That girl looks a little sick being that skinny! Its not attractive at all!

Posted by EDI | May 12, 2011 7:27 PM

well Appreciated how your present this sensitive issue in positive and constructive manners

Posted by pediatric endocrine society | May 18, 2011 5:17 PM

Thanks for sharing the news about Deerhunter. A shame this happened.

Posted by triple wall stove pipe | May 20, 2011 2:02 AM

Ok, what the heck is that picture of? I mean i get you got robbed and all, but is that a boy or a girl and why on earth does it look so deprived?

Posted by joe lund | May 20, 2011 12:09 PM

It is wild to think someone would rob members of Deerhunter and at gun point. Hopefully there will be more security next time.

Posted by waiting room furniture | May 20, 2011 1:49 PM

Anybody that would steal an orange Bic is one sick MF. I used to live in Atlanta and I don't miss it or any big city, not they have cornered the market on crime. As this crappy economy continues to deteriorate more and more will resort to crime. Lock up your Bics guys.

Posted by G.R. Stone | June 2, 2011 4:24 PM

God, you guys are making this a huge fucking deal. So fucking what if he carried his rent money his wallet. So what if he got drunk. IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. And about the anorexic comment, one she is a he, two he has a severe medical condition called marfan syndrome.

Posted by Mimi Nissan | June 3, 2011 11:26 PM

KID CUDI / ALOE BLACC / DJ IRIE / TAMARA SKY playing TERMINAL 5 on JUNE 13 - event includes OPEN BACARDI BAR. tickets guarantee admission

Posted by Anonymous | June 4, 2011 12:32 AM

That's terrible that something like this would happen. Hopefully next time they're more careful!

Posted by Burlington EDI | June 7, 2011 12:00 PM

oh wow... i remember hearing about this a few years ago

Posted by click tracking | June 14, 2011 6:41 PM

Hard to know what to make of this. Looks like fun but some random stuff here.

Posted by moving pods | July 5, 2011 7:29 PM

Not sure I agree entirely, but I have to say that I find the commentary insightful.

Posted by Naples domestic partnership lawyer | July 6, 2011 12:20 PM

well, theres really no use of worrying something they can do nothing about its really not so bad. things like this happens =) nice post..

Posted by Wireless Doorbell | August 18, 2011 6:16 AM

shit's getting tougher out there

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2011 6:25 AM

Sorry to hear that you were mobbed right after you show. It looks like car jacking is becoming more and more widespread this days and the law enforcement officials are not doing enough in my opinion to curtail it. I hope you're okay though.In the United States, wildlife managers are frequently part of hunting regulatory and licensing bodies, where they help to set rules on the number, manner and conditions in which game may be hunted.

Posted by stavkove kancelarie | September 21, 2011 8:33 AM

Posted by shipping a car | November 27, 2011 1:04 AM

I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked to check out all the new stuff you post.

Posted by Plagiarism Software | April 5, 2012 3:55 AM

Yes great article!

Posted by Sommerreifen | May 24, 2012 12:56 PM

Excellent Article, it is nice to finally find some worthwhile writing amongst the dross, I am greatly suprised to find a blog that is not full of the normal dross, congratulations.

Posted by Diana Fiechter | July 16, 2012 3:12 AM

Great information you got here. I’ve been reading about this topic for one week now for my papers in school and thank God I found it here in your blog. I had a great time reading this .

Posted by motor yachts | October 14, 2012 8:52 AM

Good work , keep it up

Posted by Шины | October 14, 2012 9:25 AM

Thank you for sharing. I'm following your blog

Posted by Vale Adamlar | August 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Such a thing should not happen to good people after an event. I am sure no one was prepared for it.

Posted by Miami Singles Events | January 9, 2014 6:55 AM