Posted in music | tour dates on July 10, 2007

Morrissey @ the NorVa, Norfolk, VA - July 9, 2007 (CRED)
Morrissey in Virginia

Following successful shows in Boston and Norfolk Morrissey's US tour is back in full swing. With that in mind we are delighted to announce rescheduled dates for Philadelphia at The Mann Centre on the 23rd of July and Atlantic City at the Borgata on the 24th of July. It has not been possible to reschedule shows at New York's Madison Square Garden, Holmdel, Northampton, Mass's, Pines Theatre, New Jersey's PNC Bank Arts Center or Baltimore's Ram's Head as despite our best efforts those venues are not available during the remaining tour period. It is hoped that we will be able to add a US leg to the tour this fall and that we will be able to play all of the above cities. In the meantime anyone holding tickets to those 4 shows should obtain a refund at the point of purchase. The tour continues this week with shows in Knoxville,TN; Clearwater, FL; Boca Raton, FL and Orlando, FL.

Tags: Morrissey

Meat may be Murder but that gut is killing me , Mo..

Posted by RT | July 10, 2007 1:16 PM

Lets try a smaller venue next time around.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 1:50 PM

this has been my first experience trying to see this guy and its probably my last...

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 1:55 PM

Hey Moz, maybe it would be easier to play the NYC area if you considered venues that could actually fill.

Also, nice muffin top.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 2:07 PM

This is what middle age looks like, kids. Dont be cruel- you're next.

I think he looks pretty good.

Posted by pushingthirty | July 10, 2007 2:19 PM

Anyone remember of Moz sold out MSG in '91?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 2:40 PM

Anyone remember if Moz sold out MSG in '91?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 2:40 PM

msg?? why would he think he could fill msg?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 2:42 PM

Moz needs people that have brains that aren't resting in their arses. Maybe some realistic venues in the future so we don't all lose money on worthless ticket purchases.

Posted by JP | July 10, 2007 2:54 PM

I was at the MSG show in '91 and it was definitely not sold out. Half full at most.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 2:58 PM

At least I get to see him once this time around, in Atlantic City. I wish it were at the PNC Bank Arts Center because of the primo seat I was able to snag for that show. I'm not a *huge* fan and my body's a bit decrepit for roughing it out in the gen. adm. section in front of the stage. Although I suspect lots and lots of people will get on line to enter the Borgata's venue before I get there, so I'll probably get a spot far from the stage.

Posted by Moz fan | July 10, 2007 3:43 PM

By the way, several women in their late thirties or in their forties who post comments on the news section of morrissey-solo (it also has a forum, which I rarely visit) find Morrissey quite desirable, physically. [shrugs]

Posted by Moz fan | July 10, 2007 3:45 PM

Posted by JP | July 10, 2007 2:54 PM

I suspect that Morrissey himself chose to play the arena at MSG. He seems egotistical enough to have thought he could sell a healthy number of tickets for that venue.

As for your second sentence, you're saying you don't believe that he couldn't reschedule the MSG arena date around the other rescheduled dates and the remaining dates of this tour, and that the real reason he's cancelling it is because of poor ticket sales? You may have something there. The last regularly scheduled show of this tour is on July 21 in Myrtle Beach, SC. Then the two rescheduled shows are on July 23 and 24. Checking the schedule of the arena at MSG: July 25, 26 and 27 are open.

Posted by Moz fan | July 10, 2007 4:00 PM

For someone who is such a self proclaimed music fan himself, Morrissey seems to care less about his fans than most artists out there these days. But that's nothing new with him. This is the third and last time he has cancelled a show I've bought tickets for.

Posted by jjazznola | July 10, 2007 5:19 PM

I'm a lifelong Morrissey fan, but he is a dickhead.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 5:35 PM

"Please be advised that the Morrissey concert originally scheduled for June 30, 2007 at Madison Square Garden, which had previously been postponed due to illness, has been cancelled.

Since you purchased your tickets through Ticketmaster Phone or Ticketmaster Online, your credit card will automatically be refunded."

so i lost $20ish in freaking ticketmaster fees that wont be refunded

Posted by wes | July 10, 2007 5:52 PM

Truly disappointed...truly, truly, truly....

Posted by dammit | July 10, 2007 6:18 PM

i love moz and i had bought tickets a while ago for this show. i had been holding out hope he'd reschedule.

when i called ticketmaster today to get a refund, i was told there was a $3.10 charge i will not be refunded.

so, thanks steven, for making me pay $3.10 for the disappointment.

i can't believe this is the same guy that wrote the words for "paint a vulgar picture."

Posted by holmes | July 10, 2007 10:14 PM

What is the capacity of RAdio City? Didn't RCMH sell out both nights last time he was in NY?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2007 11:55 PM

he canceled because of the boredoms show, am i right?

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2007 1:20 AM

not long ago moz played like 800 nights in a row at the apollo, and i couldn't seem to buy a ticket for that because they were all sold out. do that many people really go every single night?

had GA tickets to MSG, and now i'm sad. like a morrissey fan would be. boo hoo.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2007 2:47 AM

I had to giggle at the comments about Morrissey's looks...I am in fact one of those 30-something ladies that does find Morrisey a very handsome man. Better looking now than when he was a young skinny thing, although yes, I agree, keeping the shirt on, or wearing a t-shirt underneath, might be advisable.

Sorry Moz, I still love ya...

Posted by Cheryl | October 9, 2007 2:50 PM

well he wud fill anywhere in england and maybe he wasnt trying to fill the venue so fuk off he is fit and i am a kid and i think iftht is middle age well then it aint as bad as it sounds

i hate america and american ppl

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2007 6:31 PM

i am a kid and i think morrissey is now a very sexy man he now looks more manly thn he did when hewas younger but even then he was very very very sexy

morrissey is a Handsome devil