Posted in music on July 2, 2007

The Brooklyn show is free. RSVP here.

I was excited for this show and I would have eagerly paid for a ticket. But now? This is going to suck royally. An RSVP list a mile long, lines down the block, and overfilled capacity inside. Most people will not even be getting in I expect. I'd rather pay something to guarantee entrance and show up when I feel like it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2007 12:06 PM

"I'd rather pay something to guarantee entrance and show up when I feel like it."

I agree 100%.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2007 12:11 PM

studio B is best when its packed. use the money you saved on the ticket to buy a drink and loosen up, buddy!

Posted by Jon | July 2, 2007 12:30 PM

wow why are you complaining about a free show, dude? when did fans get so lazy and spoiled?

Posted by sharon | July 2, 2007 12:53 PM

free is for me. so eat it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2007 1:09 PM

Fans have been lazy and spoiled for ages. You wouldn't catch me waiting in a two hour line for the Palais Garnier in 1885. Hell no. I would have showed up during the second intermission, enjoyed the finale, and head off to a soirée.

You guys must like sitting in traffic thinking "Hey, well, the road was free." Don't get me wrong. I love the free. But sometimes the strings attached aren't worth even that cost.

Posted by Anonymous | July 2, 2007 1:45 PM

I went to my 1st free (RSVP) Going.com show this past Wednesday night, it was Blue Scholars CD release party at Sol. The show was way less crowded than I thought it would be, albeit with a lesser-known band than the above listings. I don't think it's so predictable how big the crowd will be in cases like this, just mho.

Posted by birdboy | July 2, 2007 2:53 PM

"I don't think it's so predictable how big the crowd will be in cases like this, just mho."

well, your humble opinion is pretty worthless. really.

it looks like there's no way that anyone who goes to the daft punk show will make it into the afterparty...

Posted by Anonymous | August 6, 2007 11:49 AM