Posted in music on August 15, 2007

This is all I've been listening to for the past two days...

The Lost Tracks of Danzig

I didn't realize it came out until I read about it (on the plane to Norway) in an interview with Danzig in the new issue of SPIN.

‘Lost Tracks Of Danzig’ is old stuff that dates right back to the first Danzig album [1988’s "Danzig"] right through to now. I was only able to start work on this album when the court case was finally sorted out. When I left American Recordings in 1994, Rick Rubin sued me and I sued him. I ended up winning all my unreleased material back. Anything he never released, including any live shows we recorded that he never put out, I won back and own. There was some stuff that he has yet to turn over because he can’t find them—well, he says that he can’t find them—but I have most of the recordings. He still has the rights to the albums that were released through his label, but we’re trying to get them back now because he hasn’t been accounting back to us properly. So we’re trying to get those back from him. But that’s a whole other story.[Blistering]
It's making me very happy.

Tags: Danzig

Jeez you'd think Rick Rubin would lighten up a bit...you know, being that he's got an unfathomable amount of $$. Did he REALLY need to go to court with Danzig?

Posted by Drugs Delaney | August 15, 2007 12:52 PM

misfits reunion would be so good.

Posted by nyc noise fan | August 15, 2007 12:56 PM

It's really cool and different that you like Danzig. That's a careless honesty I wouldn't expect from here.

Posted by Chris | August 15, 2007 3:20 PM

remember when they dropped 'def' from def america? they had a funeral for the word def.

ah, the 90s.

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2007 3:24 PM

sincerity is cool!

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2007 3:24 PM

BV digs the weakerthans, bad brains and danzig. Solid.

Posted by RKB | August 15, 2007 3:25 PM

have you seem the "Glen Danzig's House" video?

Posted by Anonymous | August 15, 2007 4:03 PM

After listening to some previews on the amazon, I realized that Danzig made the song "Mother," which is an awesome song. I used to think perhaps in was Stone Temples Pilots back then, but no, it is DANZIG.

--nice--

Posted by N | August 16, 2007 8:46 AM

if that last comment from nice is not a joke, then nice better be 13 years old or else they are really pathetic. STP? pu-lease!

Posted by Anonymous | August 17, 2007 5:33 PM

the STP-Danzig comparison is not off-base. weiland borrowed lines from Danzig's 'can't speak' for 'tumble in the rough'. and weiland and robert deleo met at a black flag show, so the band was influenced by the hardcore scene. some music fans have no clue, especially some on brooklynvegan

Posted by dirty jersey | December 27, 2007 11:34 AM

that whole black flag thing was a lie to try and get some type of "street cred". theres absoulutely nothing in stps music that sounds like it was influenced by black flag. wieland claims he was into punk rock in high school. I talked to someone who works at vinyl solution in huntington beach, ca. He went to high school at edison high with weiland and he said weiland was not into punk he was a duran duran wannabe. also if you want to hear straight out musical plagerism. STP STOLE THE RIFF FROM DANZIGS "SNAKES OF CHRIST" off of the lucifuge album.compare the opening of the two songs

Posted by TT Boy | February 11, 2008 8:45 PM