DOWNLOAD Common Market - My Pathology (MP3)
DOWNLOAD Common Market - Succor MCs (Mp3)
DOWNLOAD N.O.R.E. - Set It Off" feat. Swizz Beatz & J. Ru$$ (MP3)
DOWNLOAD N.O.R.E. - That Club Ish" feat. Three 6 Mafia (MP3)
DOWNLOAD Sharen Jones and the Dap-Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights
DOWNLOAD Aesop Rock - Citronella (MP3)
DOWNLOAD Pieces Of Peace - I Still Care (MP3)
Common Market is one of my favorite recent discoveries. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are playing the Apollo Theater October 6th (tix). N.O.R.E. is releasing Noreality in the next few weeks, unfortunately with wack cover art. Pieces of Peace are a soul band from back in the day - with an album that was never released (until now), and they should make for great sampling material for today's rappers.
KRS-One performing in Prospect Park - Aug 3, 2007 (CRED)
On top of the positivity and good times, KRS injected the crowd with a dose of inspirational storytelling. See, before BDP fame, way back in 1980, KRS was homeless. His home of choice was Prospect Park. His bed of choice was the Prospect Park bandshell. The very bandshell he was now performing in! He would sleep at night and during the day hang out at the Grand Army Plaza Library getting his knowledge on. As a young KRS poured through books, thoughts of the future danced through his head. A future that consisted of one day rocking a mic in Prospect Park. The very park his was now rocking! Or so the story goes. Can someone fact check this please? Even if it's not true, and something tells me some of it is, the story connected with most and accomplished its modest goal.[Angry Citizen]NEWS
- Apparently 50 Cent had a breakdown and tore up his G-Unit offices while screaming on the phone to his label Interscope Records. Ms. Info had a post up that I discovered through this Nahright post. I then found that Ms. Info's post had mysteriously been deleted - not cached by google either. HipHopDX still has some excerpts from the original Ms Info post up. This all is apparently over 50's next single/video "Follow My Lead" ft Robin Thicke being leaked. I'd link to it, but it keeps getting deleted.
- The Beastie Boys played at McCarren Pool and Central Park SummerStage
- Timbaland + Justin Timberlake's new project: Madonna's new album.
- Lupe, Kanye, and Pharrell are hoping to make a full album as CRS
- David Banner tells Al Sharpton to go fuck himself.
- Weiss shares some thoughts on Cage.
- TSS did a Smoking Session interview with Phonte of Little Brother. Little Brother is playing CMJ with Brother Ali @ Highline Ballroom on October 20th.
Zune- Live at the BBQ. BK, NY. 8.4.07 (CRED)
- Left Coast legend WC talks about his upcoming album, Guilty By Affiliation, not to be mistaken for Guilt By Association (shameless plug, note: an album to be released by a company I work for).
- UGK has released a (bloated) double album. The NY Times wrote a nice profile. Brandon shares his thoughts on the album.
- Not sure if this will actually happen, but Scarface announced he is releasing a new album on Def Jam soon.
- The Washington Post interviews Wu Tang Clan's GZA
- Speaking of the Wu, BGDBoom has been doing a really great job with all of his Wu Tang related posts. Check out the past week or two here
- Nas and Cee-lo are two of my favorite MCs (yes Cee-lo raps, exceptionally well). Still the song they did together, Less Than an Hour, isn't very good.
- Looking for the perfect playlist for your next date? Download this collection of MP3s with the Pimp theme. The go to Metal Lungies to download some more with the "sexy" theme. Oh boy, you're going to be in like Flynn. In case it doesn't work out though go download this batch of song with the theme "Shit".
- Nas also raps on this Victoria Beckham track Full Stop.
- Check out 5 songs from the upcoming Swizz Beatz album.
- Newcomer Kurse got Jadakiss to guest on Blastin’ Off.
- Listen to 50 Cent & Audio Two's official remix for 'I Get Money'.
- Special Ed is interviewed at last week's Live @ The BBQ. LL Cool J did his thing there also.
- Educataining video of Skillz listening to beat submissions of up-and-coming producers.
- After his surprisingly strong Rock The Bells performance, Brooklyn resident Talib Kweli has put together 10 webisodes consisting of unreleased behind-the-scenes material, interviews with peers, and as he promise Mos Def on camera promising there will be another Blackstar album. We shall see about that one, but for now this trailer looks promising.
- KRS One shows the new kids on the block what Hip Hop is all about in this video of his performance in Brooklyn. He later speaks on Russell Simons and Al Sharpton
- UGK gives us a sneak peak into the making of their album.
- Public Enemy comes real strong with the debut video off their new album.
- OhWord went guerilla to capture this footage of Rakim performing at Rock The Bells.
08/26 Black August Hip Hop Project 10th Anniversary with Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, Saigon, Evil D & D Nice @ Nokia Theatre (tix
08/30 Kid Koala @ Rocks Off Concert Cruise Series, tix.
09/01 Fat Joe @ BB King's
09/09 Aesop Rock @ Irving Plaza, tix
09/21 Fat Joe @ BB King's
10/05 VH1 Hip Hop Honors Tour Featuring The Roots @ Nokia Theatre (tix
10/07 Common @ Nokia Theatre
10/16 Fresh Press CMJ Showcase w/ Panacea, John Robinson / Lil Sci (Shaman) Wise Intelligent of Poor Righteous Teachers (Shaman) K Banger (Shaman) Panacea (Rawkus / Glow-in-the-Dark) The Project (Glow-in-the-Dark) Zimbabwe Legit (pH MUSIC) Marshal Law (thisish) Dooley O (SOD Records / Lewis Recordings) Y-Society (Insight and Damu) (Tres Records) and The Smile Rays (Rawkus 50) @ The Knitting Factory (CMJ)
10/17 A-Trak, Nick Catchdubs & Kid Sister @ Hiro Ballroom (Fool's Gold CMJ showcase)
10/19 Devin The Dude, Del the Funkee Homosapien, Serendipity Project, and Bukue One @ BB King's (CMJ)
10/20 Brother Ali, Evidence & Little Brother @ Highline Ballroom (CMJ)
10/30 Cypress Hill @ Nokia Theatre
11/02 – Lyrics Born @ Bowery Ballroom