Posted in To Do | comedy | music on September 10, 2007

Neil Hamburger & friend

NYC concert venuue Knitting Factory is running a special right now - $5.00 off your concert ticket if you buy your tickets via text message.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me, but not even necessary if you want to stop by the first installment of "Blogger's Delight" tonight (Mon Sept 10, 2007) - that's because it's free....

Blogger's Delight is a free party every Monday in the Tap Bar of the Knitting Factory. Each party, a new blog curates the night and invites bands and DJs they love to play. Get ready to get psyched!
That's right - it's free. And who is curating the very first Blogger's Delight tonight? Well, it's none other than Slap You in Public's David Bruno (aka DJ David Bruno aka BrooklynVegan dance writer extrordonaire). The band he has playing are from France, and their name is Adam Kesher. Read an interview with them over at David's site (where you'll also find the flyer for this show).

And, if you're looking for something to save $5.00 on, might I suggest Yo Majesty on September 27th, or how about Circle and Oneida on September 22nd.

Previously
* Has anyone texted for tickets yet? + YO MAJESTY
* Neil Hamburger playing Knitting Factory

too bad seeing shows at Knitting Factory is always a terrible experience

Posted by pg | September 10, 2007 11:32 AM

dude, i'm poor. screw that, i'm p. I can't even afford the oor. I love $5 off. Friggin good deal to me, assuming I find a show I like.

Posted by john | September 10, 2007 11:40 AM

I see BV's previous post there -- HAS anyone texted for tickets there yet?

Posted by ricardo montalban | September 10, 2007 11:42 AM

its the dumbest thing but $5 is cool.

i love the knitting factory! enjoy it while it lasts...days are numbered.

Posted by Anonymous | September 10, 2007 11:58 AM

The Knit has been one of the best venues in NYC for more than 2 decades. You can see punk on one night, followed by jazz, pop, experimental, etc. The staff has always been cool, the beer selection rocks, the new sound system is state of the art, there are 3 floors...What can you possibly NOT like about Knitting Factory.
Let me see, at the Knit I've seen Lou Reed (twice), David Byrne, Robyn Hitchcock (multiple times), Matthew Shipp, David Murray, Flecktones, Mike Watt, Ken Nordine, Jonathan Richman (many times), Meat Puppets, Graham Parker, moe., Pernice Brothers, Holy Modal Rounders, Gary Lucas, Stamey & Holsapple, and that's just off the top of my head.
They are in absolutely no danger of going out of business. If you can't appreciate this venue, then really, where do you see music?

Posted by nyctaper | September 10, 2007 12:39 PM

Here here, nyctaper.

Posted by john | September 10, 2007 1:01 PM

Resources like this article are incredibly helpful. Nice post . Keep up the good work. :)

Posted by Best Equity Home Loans | June 28, 2011 3:15 AM

This’s a really awesome article. I would like to appreciate your work, Thanks for sharing!

Posted by jocuri | September 5, 2012 4:36 AM

"This's" for "this is"! Of course! jocuri, you just invented a new contraction! How did that not already exist? You've a subtle brilliance about you, jocuri.

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2012 6:18 AM

Never mind, it's already on Wiktionary. Shit. Still, you don't usually see it in writing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 5, 2012 6:22 AM

People in the world get the loans in different creditors, because this is easy and fast.

Posted by PerkinsPatricia33 | September 21, 2012 4:04 AM