Posted in music on September 25, 2007

Bjork @ Madison Square Garden, NYC - Sept 24, 2007 (CRED)
Bjork played MSG

encore
18. Oceania
19. Declare Independence

Previously
* What is up with BJORK? tonight @ MSG

Tags: Antony, Bjork, MSG

Direct Flac Download of my recording is at my site.

Posted by nyctaper | September 25, 2007 11:39 AM

Good show! Better than United Palace in my opinion. I Miss You was the highlight!

Posted by Craig | September 25, 2007 11:47 AM

Great show. Shes so adorable

Posted by Mike | September 25, 2007 11:52 AM

Voice-cracking cow.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:11 PM

Voice-cracking cow.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:11 PM

def not better than united. by any means:

Santo Gold - Highly impressed. I must say. No one in that 20,000 person arena (though maybe 1/4 while on stage) knew her music. minus the couple of songs i recognized from her myspace. As she stated with a look of glee on her face "this is amazing to play here, thanks to bjork she is really making it happen for us, we don't even have any music that you can buy yet" she really played an excellent 30 min set with tons of energy. kinda in the style of m.i.a. but in her own style. she had diplo for a dj/programer. a gutarist. a bassist. a drummer on a real kit. a girl on e-drums and another guy on keys and a moog and shit. 3-4 piece string section. VERY impressed. spank rock came out for a song. i have to say i was highly impressed and will definitely see her when she comes back around.

klaxons - i dig their album. not best ever by any means. heard their live show was real good. you can see that they were intimidated by the arena but pulled it off. i can definitely see enjoying one of their shows.

surprisingly the crowd (all i can speak for is GA pit) was into both openers more than 90% of most arena shows i have been to. no boos no you sucks. lots of clapping and appreciating new music. i like that.

bjork. obviously outstanding performance. i expected nothing less. it was definitely strange to see her in MSG (front row left). but her voice filled the space amazingly. united palace (6th row center) still takes the cake out of the 3 i saw this year. but it was VERY nice to hear I MISS YOU!

honestly, i felt a little sloppiness in the performance. just in comparison to united which every song was perfectly executed. the whole beginning of army of me though pluto which is the money shot of the show started shakey and never seemed to gain any flow. great to hear all of it. no doubt. it seemed like bjork was a sick or something too. she kept taking spoonfuls and sips of what i assumed to be soup of some sorts. still mind blowing. and compared to most performances it still blows away most. just spoiled.

GO SEE BJORK!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:29 PM

When I saw her at United the sound was VERY MUDDY! Could be I was in the 2nd to last row balcony but it wasn't clean. The sound at MSG was suprisingly clean where I sat!

Posted by Craig | September 25, 2007 12:38 PM

"i can definitely see enjoying one of their shows."

classic BV commenter's comment.

Posted by mok | September 25, 2007 12:40 PM

It seemed a little strange being at The Garden with so many empty seats. The show however was great and the crowd was really into it. Much better than the Radio City show. Army Of Me sounded a little off at the start but got better as it went along. Kudos to Bjork for putting together an interesting bill although I was not at all impressed with Klaxons. I missed Santo Gold unfortunatly.

Posted by jjazznola | September 25, 2007 12:50 PM

I went to her RCMH show in May and I liked it more than last night's. For some reason, despite her voice sounding perfect and the duet with Antony being one of the higlights, it just didn't quite feel great. Maybe because she did practically the same setlist. I was still hoping to hear Bachelorette or at least one off Debut, but I left happy having heard most of my favorite from Homogenic.
I have to agree that the GA experience was unreal and the crowd was a little more esponsive, even when it was only for the Post stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:52 PM

What time does Daft Punk go on?

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:57 PM

--"i can definitely see enjoying one of their shows."

classic BV commenter's comment.---

what is that supposed to mean? mis worded maybe. but i was stating that i would probably enjoy a show of their own more than an opening set!

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 12:58 PM

>Anon 12:52
>Maybe because she did practically the same setlist.

7 Songs out of 19 on last night's setlist were not performed at Radio City, that's hardly the "same setlist".

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 1:05 PM

exact same setlist as austin... glad i skipped this one.

unfortunately, as much as i still love her talent, i'm not moved by her songs as much anymore. i wish she'd go back to the debut/post/homogenic days and stylings. the 2d half (red dress) of her show at RCMH on the vespertine tour was SO MUCH FUN... i miss those days and songs like those.

Posted by bmd | September 25, 2007 1:16 PM

Anon, thanks for the Santogold review! I saw her with Mark Ronson and thought she was a lot of fun. She's really cool too, met her after the show.

Posted by tremags | September 25, 2007 1:17 PM

anyone know what the music was that they were playing before bjork went on?

Posted by matthew | September 25, 2007 1:18 PM

"It seemed a little strange being at The Garden with so many empty seats."

Good thing she didn't cancel. I know Morrissey cancelled his MSG show due to illness BUT he didn't reschedule it like he did some of the other shows he cancelled EVEN THOUGH there were no events at MSG for like five days after the last rescheduled show he performed. Fuck you, Morrissey.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 1:38 PM

Bjork > Daft Punk

Bjork (any of 4 her shows this year) will top what everyone said was the best concert of their life- Daft Punk @ Coney Island....agree?

Posted by awesome | September 25, 2007 4:41 PM

gay gay gay

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 4:48 PM

beautiful! glad i finally went to one. definitely going again now. pagan poetry chilled my bones live.

Posted by annie momus | September 25, 2007 4:55 PM

I still think the gig at Radio City was greater in every sense. Better crowd, better sound and better response.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 4:56 PM

>better sound

That's probably based on where you were sitting.
I recorded both shows, from the same general position, with the exact same equipment. They are both up on my site, compare and contrast.
I think the sound last night was actually much better.

Posted by nyctaper | September 25, 2007 5:04 PM

the ga pit was on fire! I thought the show was incredible considering Bjork has been sick... dull flame of desire was really just amazing.

Posted by maria | September 26, 2007 1:53 AM

nyctaper did a great job taping the Bjork @ MSG show. I've listened to it 3 times already. Check it out.
BTW, anon 1:38, I'm glad Morrissey did not reschedule @ MSG. I would much rather see him @ Hammerstein.
Who is "everyone" that thinks Daft Punk was the best concert of their life? They must be very young or they don't get out much.

Posted by jjazznola | September 26, 2007 2:14 AM