Posted in music | tour dates on September 13, 2007

*** Dean & Britta
**** The Most Serene Republic
***** Miracle Fortress
****** The Shaky Hands
******** Bon Iver

6 PM, 18+, $16 or CMJ Badge, tix on sale Monday @ noon

Don't worry, I haven't gone ALL official.

BV & CMJ. Nice.
Good lineup. I'm looking forward to Miracle Fortress. "Five Roses" was my unofficial album of Summer 2007.

Posted by Christopher | September 13, 2007 6:27 AM

Special Guests are headlining? I'm so there. No, but seriously, I really like the new Rosebuds. See you at Bowery.

Posted by Eduardo | September 13, 2007 6:29 AM

Boo. I probably won't be there yet.

Posted by , | September 13, 2007 8:13 AM

cant wait for vegan magazine and then vegan TV, followed by planet vegan (although there better be meat there or ELSE)!

Posted by thigh master | September 13, 2007 9:25 AM

I rock like it is what they jamm to!? "I wont sing about my pants haha?"

Posted by Taco Time for Mom & Dad | September 13, 2007 9:33 AM

why does a blog have a showcase?

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 10:54 AM

>>>why does a blog have a showcase?<<<

why not ?

why do magazines, record companies, booking agencies, have showcases..?

Why do hot dog buns come in packs of 6 and hot dogs come in packs of 8?

Why does Radio Shack ask for you address when you just want to buy some batteries?

if they called it a party would it make you feel better ?

Posted by RT | September 13, 2007 11:16 AM

are you not going to have any of your awesome day showcases this year??

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 11:49 AM

most serene and rosebuds = *swoon*

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 11:53 AM

If TMZ can have a fucking TV program, BV can have a CMJ showcase. Dude and his team do more for NYC indie rock than anyone else, truly.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 11:56 AM

Anyone have info on the Vietnam venue and date for CMJ?

Posted by Adam | September 13, 2007 11:59 AM

It makes sense that a record label/pr company/booking agency would do it, because they want to "showcase" the bands they represent and the records they have coming out. I don't get how a website even got approved for it's own showcase.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:01 PM

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not - It's happening.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:07 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:13 PM

People seemed to be into the fact that BV had all those showcases last CMJ. Why all the fuss now? And let's not forget, he won a Plug Award

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:19 PM

Insert pointless complaint against something for the sake of posting on BV.

Posted by Tumbleweed | September 13, 2007 12:24 PM

you can't criticize anyone who won a plug award? these bands are fucking terrible anyway

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:31 PM

Nice lineup, I've been waiting for word of some Shaky Hands east coast dates.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:37 PM

BV in bed with the Bowery.

I guess this precludes any objective discussions on this site about Bowery Presents and their strong-arm tactics against local NYC booking agents.

Posted by nyctaper | September 13, 2007 12:44 PM

"Can I play some of my sopngs to play? I play them on the chord organ and sing. To play them."

"are you not going to have any of your awesome day showcases this year??"

don't worry

"It's strange that a blog would have a showcase b/c BV doesn't represent any bands."
AND
"how long before BV becomes label, PR firm, booking agency? Its part of the Vice plague on indie rock, lines are blurred and objectivity by the press is out the window. i hope no ones getting paid to put these bands on the bill. "

I appreciate your cynicism because I am the same way. This show, and all the shows I do, are just a bunch of artists that I would want to go see. They're bands for the most part that I've already written about. You could say that it's a "showcase" of bands seen on the pages of BrooklynVegan, or you could jut call it a show that I put together where a bunch of CMJ badges will also be guaranteed admission. Starting a label is doubtful, but not out of the question because that would just mean putting out music I loved. A PR firm is out of the question, and the idea that you think I would accept money to put a band on a bill (or anywhere) is a depressing, but totally understood as a fellow cynic and conspiracy theorist.

Posted by brooklynvegan | September 13, 2007 12:48 PM

weak

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 12:54 PM

i think taco time should curate a cmj showcase.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 1:04 PM

in re: bv being "in bed" with certain promoters:

its dangerous ground to thread on. thats why some press refuse to accept paid ads. i guess bv could refuse to accept perks that the record companies, bands, promoters are throwing his way. but whatever, im not gonna sit and judge what i would do if i was in bvs position, i dont even have a blog.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 1:08 PM

Motherf**king Taco Time.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 1:43 PM

Why would someone write negative comments when all BV is doing is putting together a night of music featuring bands he really likes/believes in??

I dont get it. All you haters dont know shit about dick.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 2:16 PM

This is obviously photoshopped.

Posted by jerry | September 13, 2007 2:27 PM

Posted by hipster replacement | September 13, 2007 2:30 PM

comparing BV to TMZ is not a compliment. or maybe he wants to be known as the Harvey Levin of indie rock. if so then who's then Perez Hilton???

Posted by igottoshit | September 13, 2007 3:59 PM

fuck miracle fortress, bring back THINK ABOUT LIFE!!!

j/k totally psyched for Miracle Fortress!

Posted by su | September 13, 2007 4:02 PM

&&&&Our favorite blogger and our favorite NY venue! Perfect together! Congrats BV, I will be there...

I guess its anatomically possible to stick your tongue in BV and Bowery's assholes at the same time. Just don't let the Bowery security punks catch you.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 4:03 PM

These bands need to play somewhere.....until you dorks build your own venues they'll play at Bowery , etc.. one does not need to be in bed with a promoter to have bands play there...
...dicknoses...the whole lot of you....

Posted by Lon Chaney | September 13, 2007 5:14 PM

great lineup! $16 for 7 bands...can't beat that....but of course...folks continue to bitch. So funny. And whats the problem putting together a bunch of good bands for a show? Didn't BV do a bunch of these last year too? Maybe San Loco can co-sponsor.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 6:37 PM

the special guests are Spacehog, shhhh

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 6:40 PM

Hey, Yeti, I Photoshopped yer mom.

Posted by Anonymous | September 13, 2007 7:15 PM

i can't wait. the shaky hands are easily the most exciting live band in portland right now. i guess thats not saying that much, but they're worth the $16 alone.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2007 4:32 PM

OMG, that guy on the bongos is AMAZING! How does he do that?!?!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2007 7:31 PM

nyc's live music was so much better before blogs existed

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2007 12:12 AM

Actually, it wasn't. I've been going to shows in the clubs since 1983, and its never been this good.

Its not the blogs, necessarily, the the p2p. Since no one sells CD's anymore, basically everyone has to tour all the time. There are too many shows these days.

Posted by nyctaper | September 15, 2007 1:10 AM

Bright Eyes sucks.

Posted by j | September 15, 2007 1:49 AM

yeah 21st birthday at bowery.

Posted by kat | September 16, 2007 9:45 PM

I wish I could go! I hate being young dhg8fs0dhbuof. Hope the show goes well!

Posted by Leia | September 16, 2007 10:39 PM

just got my ticket for the show BV. let me know if you need any help w/the show, I intend to get there at 5.

Posted by hipster replacement | September 17, 2007 12:15 PM

I got my ticket! This line-up is truly, truly outrageous.

Posted by Laurie | September 17, 2007 5:19 PM

Any word on set times yet???
BV???