Posted in To Do | music on September 27, 2007

Dumbo Art Under the Bridge Festival

The 2007 DUMBO Art Under the Bridge Festival happens this weekend (Friday - Sunday) in DUMBO (Brooklyn, NY). In addition to lots of art, Deli Magazine is hosting two free rock shows, and 16 bands are playing over the three days at ReBar.

Joseph Arthur's gallery, Museum of Modern Arthur (MOMAR) is having an opening tomorrow (invite only) and is also part of the DUMBO arts festival.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 1:07 PM

I would think that - with your emphasis on the VEGAN - you might express a modicum of concern for the wellbeing of the elephant Dondi, who has been forced to travel the country, deprived of the company of any other elephants (his human "family" wants us to believe that they're all she needs; elephants are known to be social creatures and a solitary elephant is an abused elephant), chained in
a trailer or in a tiny enclosure for months of the year - and brought in to your festival to be further exploited by painting for your pleasure. are there no animal rights activists in Brooklyn? Dondi is miserable. enjoy your party.

Posted by Reuben | September 28, 2007 10:53 AM

wait why is there a live elephant at an arts festival?

Posted by belchy | September 28, 2007 2:24 PM

you know what, too fucking right, I hope some people can organize a protest pronto for this poor abused elephant. Im completely serious.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 2:33 PM

then organize it!

Posted by disney | September 28, 2007 8:32 PM

wait, what?
There's an elephant at the DUMBO Arts Festival?

Posted by brooklynvegan | September 28, 2007 8:45 PM

yes there is...let's organize! who's with me?! ivory is bad for brooklyn!!! leave the animals alone!! let the blacks be!!

Posted by bk broiler | September 29, 2007 1:11 AM

please, i was there, the elephant was fine. in fact he ate apples, carrots and was rested in between a 15 minute painting show. he was handed a brush for gosh sakes....not a tree trunk like what he had to pull around for a meal back before he was rescued. and being a social animal as you all say, i am sure dondi knew how happy he was making all the kids. besides, how do you know what an animal like an elephant likes to do?

Posted by llllinda | October 1, 2007 9:40 PM

I was there, and I did NOT think the elephant was being treated compassionately. Without being an elephant mind-reader, I think it's safe to say she would prefer being in a sanctuary with other elephants to being carted around in a truck and being made to perform tricks. In fact, between breaks in the Dumbo show, she could be heard banging against the walls of the truck in which she was being confined and wimpering. My partner Ari and I were inspired to take action and so we made some signs and raised our voices. A kindly blogger documented our activities on his site, Immediated: http://danielmacht.wordpress.com/2007/10/02/dumbo-visits-dumbo/.

Posted by Shira Golding | October 2, 2007 12:21 PM

shira- I applaud you for organizing that protest.

and I dont think this was a safe environment, for the elephant or the people there, the barrier was so flimsy. how many times have we seen elephants rampage in a situation like that. I certainly wouldnt bring my kids anywhere near.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2007 12:54 PM

interesting article

Posted by Online Education | March 13, 2009 6:52 AM

I'll never forget the awful traffic that this festival brought to town that weekend. Well worth it tho!

Posted by car accident lawyers in north carolina | July 9, 2009 10:57 AM

Weekly DUMBO Art Under the Bridge Festival must be really great fun for you local guys but i am international. anyways, hope i can watch in television.

Posted by Seo Blog | August 25, 2009 2:20 AM

Should organize it. I am with you.

Posted by rent apartments in abu dhabi | November 1, 2009 1:49 AM

Posted by Billig iPhone | November 1, 2009 1:57 AM

Posted by Billigt bredbånd | November 1, 2009 1:59 AM

Posted by Voucher Codes | November 25, 2009 4:55 AM

Sounds like it was a great festival, hope everyone enjoyed it.

Posted by Buy Wellbutrin | December 13, 2009 2:31 PM

respect man, thanks for post

Posted by canada online | January 14, 2010 4:29 AM

Men apprize your publish! To buy essay or custom papers about this post can be gigantic source of information!

Posted by QFKIMBERLEY | January 26, 2010 4:04 AM

adads

Posted by aaa | February 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Did you know that, too fucking good, I hope someone can organize a protest of this poor elephant abuse Ronto. Import and export of completely serious.

Posted by Essay Writing | February 13, 2010 1:44 AM

Joseph Arthur's gallery, the modern Arthur (MOMAR) after the opening of the museum tomorrow (invite only), also in part of the Dumbo Arts Festival.

Posted by Dissertation Writing | February 13, 2010 1:45 AM

Who said elephants were social animals?

Posted by Water damage | February 13, 2010 3:55 PM

Specialists claim that home loans help people to live the way they want, just because they can feel free to buy necessary goods. Furthermore, various banks give bank loan for all people.

Posted by mortgage loans | February 26, 2010 7:20 PM

besides, how do you know what an animal like an elephant likes to do?

Posted by Blog Commenting Service | February 27, 2010 1:33 PM

In 2010 the DUMBO Arts Festival was held from September 24th untill September 26th.

Posted by financieel advies | November 5, 2010 7:11 AM

Was this a one time deal? or will we see it again in 2011? I hope so.

Posted by Billigt mobilt bredbånd | January 27, 2011 10:17 AM

Hi yes I would also like to know if it will be held again in 2011?

Posted by inkasso | January 27, 2011 11:50 AM

yeah... I think I can do this kind of art too.

Posted by PMP | August 12, 2011 3:01 PM

Will this festival be continued in 2012?

Posted by Mobilt bredbånd | January 3, 2012 4:27 PM

I am pretty sure it will be continued..

Posted by Fremkaldelse | April 30, 2012 7:46 AM

Everyday is a new adventure. Thanks for the share..

Posted by hanging baskets for plants | July 12, 2012 6:21 AM

Will this festival see life in 2013? Sure hope so

Posted by hunger suppressant | November 26, 2012 6:42 AM

I also hope this festival will continue next year. I will be attending.

Posted by wlzine.com | December 10, 2012 8:04 AM

not so bad...

Posted by Smartmil8 | March 16, 2013 10:14 AM

Posted by car accident lawyers in Raleigh north carolina | March 28, 2014 11:42 AM