Posted in music | tour dates on September 28, 2007

Duran Duran

In an unprecedented move, British superstars, Duran Duran, have today confirmed that they will play nine shows on Broadway over a two week period in celebration of the launch of their upcoming album, ‘RED CARPET MASSACRE’, which will be released November 13 on Epic Records.

Performing for over two hours a night on November 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 at the Barrymore Theatre on 47th Street and Broadway, band members Simon LeBon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor and Roger Taylor will take audiences in this historic thousand-capacity venue on a musical journey, presenting their new record in its entirety, as well as classics such as ‘Rio’, ‘Save A Prayer’, Hungry Like The Wolf’ and ‘Ordinary World’, with magnificent production values and a completely new stage show. These concerts will be the band’s first dates in support of their exciting new release, which they have worked on over the past year with Justin Timberlake and top producers Timbaland and Nate ‘Danja’ Hills.

Continued below....

With tickets priced at $150, $125 and $75 tickets will be available to the general public from Saturday October 6 at 9 am EST through Telecharge. For information about individual ticket sales call: 212 239 6200. (Outside the New York area call: 1-800 432 7250). http://www.telecharge.com . In addition, members of the Duran Duran Fan Community will be able to purchase both exclusive VIP packages and tickets for every show from Friday September 28, 2007 at 11 am EST. For more information please visit http://duranduranmusic.com.
thx thighs. More recent photos of Duran Duran, here.

Tags: Duran Duran

ou$h.

Posted by janelle | September 28, 2007 10:45 AM

I would like to go but it is expensive!?

Posted by Craig | September 28, 2007 10:55 AM

why do these aged fuckers charge so much for tickets? it is not like they are the hot thing anymore. I guess it all comes after stupid middle age fans are willing to pay that much cash.
at least Madonna puts on a kickass show...

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 11:07 AM

seriously? $150 - $75 for Duran Duran?

For $5, I'll kick you in the nuts. Same outcome, but much cheaper. Let me know.

Posted by rocked the shit | September 28, 2007 12:41 PM

Duran are a fantastic live band. I didn't care for their last album, but I'm excited about this new one. They're playing their whole new album live at these shows, electro sets..etc - pretty cool if you ask me.

These prices are very reasonable.

Posted by Ken | September 28, 2007 12:50 PM

75 bucks for a 2hr+ show on broadway is expensive? since when? I'll save the orch seats for those who want to scream, I just want to hear the tunes

Posted by Scotty | September 28, 2007 12:55 PM

Apparently, this show is being produced by renowned Broadway agent Max Bialystock.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 1:44 PM

THOSE DUDES ARE HAWT!! I'LL PUMP THE GOOF JUICE IN HIS HOOHA!

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 2:37 PM

Duran Duran are always very artistic, creative and different..I think these shows will be very good. I will plan to go. As for that stupid Anonimous person commenting that they're old and not worth the money..Honey, they look better and sound better and have more taste than any of the new stupid bands out there.

Posted by Rosanna S | September 28, 2007 3:34 PM

Are these really gonna sell that well? 9 shows is kind of ambitious, considering they're playing new stuff a lot of people won't want to hear. Plus, high ticket prices and the fact that this band hasn't been relevant in years.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 9:40 PM

A band playing in a Broadway venue is a significant development. I think it is a great idea whose time has come.

You kids whine about ticket prices can keep going to stand and stare but when you get a little older you appreciate a seat and a little comfort. You think $40 bucks to see a veteran band is too much? I guess you never go to Broadway. ..I mean there’s something to whine about!

As a result, Broadway theatres are often empty and rock shows may be a way to realize revenue with an older, financially able audience. (Duran Duran fits this demographic) Why not book several bands to do a short set several times a day like Murray The K used to? Combine some stand up act to MC and a tattooed stripper …you end up with a vaudeville revival!
Someone please hire me to be an impresario!

Posted by David S | September 28, 2007 9:41 PM

The unjust cost of tickets have led me to commit apostasy.

Why should people with less money be excluded from the live concerts?

I would have LOVED to have seen Duran Duran at a venue smaller than Madison Square Garden, but could not afford to purchase tickets for Duran Duran's concerts at the Barrymore TheatreinNovember 2007.

After supporting the Duran Duran by buying hundreds of board games and Japanese picture books as a child, I feel as if I'm getting screwed as an adult.

I feel so debarred by Duran Duran that I cannot humiliate myself further by purchasing their new album.

Posted by Dejected Duranie | November 19, 2007 9:36 PM

"Why should people with less money be excluded from the live concerts?"

That's life. Suck it.