Posted in music on September 27, 2007

Kate Nash played one show at Luna Lounge, and two at Joe's Pub - all free due to VISA complications that said she was not allowed to make money in our country.

Kate Nash @ Joe's Pub, NYC - Sept 26, 2007 (CRED)
Kate Nash @ Joes Pub

"I overwhelmingly recommend her music and her live performance." [Shelves of Vinyl @ Luna]

"Regardless of the lack of originality, she clearly held the attention of the packed house and put on a splendid performance." [ProductShop @ Luna]

"She had a crack band (drummer, violinist, bassist/guitarist), making things all the better, but Nash would've held the crowd by her lonesome." [Sound Bites @ Luna]

"Nash came out stunningly cute, for a 19-year old girl, with a black and gold dress that I thought looked lovely on her (Rachael will disagree with that assessment, but I think she has an issue with the color yellow or any of its incarnations.)" [Pop Tarts Suck Toasted @ Joes Pub]

"I come back down and she sees me and waves because I guess she recognized me from being upfront and what not. I introduced myself and told her that I made cookies for her being that she's not being paid for these shows, but she should receive something. She was just ecstatic and extremely thankful. I handed her the bag, she took a piece out (they were chocolate tuiles with nuts and basic chocolate chip cookies) and her face just lit up." [Music Snobbery @ Joe's Pub]

music snobbery is such a desperate clown

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 2:06 PM

and you, anon 2:06, are a jerk.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 2:12 PM

I'm in love

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 2:14 PM

he doesn't know the words to her songs either as evident by his terrible attempt to sing along at the Luna Lounge show..I couldn't keep a straight face when glancing in his direction..

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 2:16 PM

Guys, who the hell cares about knowing words to songs when you can bake fabulous cookies!?!?

Posted by Chip (as in Chocolate Chip!) | September 27, 2007 2:23 PM

Did who? I was in NYC all yesterday and she didn't do me once. Rip off.

Posted by Disse Gruntled | September 27, 2007 2:25 PM

Oh, 2:16 PM you definitely made me start laughing.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 2:26 PM

My favorite part of Mr. Snob's review..what is he saying, that all of us who have a fever for Kate Nash are gay? A little insensitive aren't we Mr. Snob??

"Then at the second show, she (and all of us) had to deal with an O.G.G., over-enthusiastic gay guy. Screaming randomly once, sort if funny, good to see he's a big fan. Second time, "okay, we get it." Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth time, it's like "please, make it stop."

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 3:08 PM

LOL @ Music Snobbery having his 15 minutes on BV

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 3:17 PM

"LOL @ Music Snobbery having his 15 minutes on BV"

Meg White got her's and then some..why shouldn't MS get his!

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 3:25 PM

like I said music snobbery is a desperate clown. I've seen him at shows. I can say this with authority.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 4:55 PM

Is Music Snobbery a guy? If so, he seriously needs to get laid.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 5:11 PM

where are your fucking blogs, then, you anonymous slaggers? you all seem like you think you're too fucking cool, so you just belittle this guy, whom none of you seem to know, when he puts fuckload more effort and passion into his posts and love of music than the time you spend on your outfits.

lay off already.

Posted by danielle | September 27, 2007 5:22 PM

She's fantastic.

Posted by JellyDoughnuts | September 27, 2007 5:32 PM

who is really the clown when you're the guy paying attention to how desperate a music blogger looks at shows?

im just saying, lets put this in perspective

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 5:44 PM

you're right it takes A LOT of time to run into someone and observe their lameness, hours and hours of time. It's a stressful and pathetic job I have, but it pays the bills!

ur an idiot

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 5:55 PM

@danielle

I don't have a blog, does that mean I'm "too fucking cool" for school?

I guess I need to get blogging to show how down to earth I am!

maybe I could make a band cookies???

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 5:57 PM

ummm, i never said a thing about HOW LONG it takes to make that observation. did you actually read what i posted?

like to know what he happens to look like, thats fine (i mean it does show some sort of investment into his website or what he does), but lets just say you happen to know what he looks like.

and you're right, observation really doesnt take much time at all (though I never tried to make the point that it does). so maybe you see him at shows and take note.

but to make the effort to comment negatively about him on the comments page of another blog? I mean, yes, i know that actually doesnt take much effort either, but I dont understand why you would even go out of your way to do something like that? how much do you care about it? is he really so much of a desperate clown at shows that it annoys you to the point of bashing him on another website? i know its not that much effort to do so, but it still just seems like to much effort to bother.

i dont know, maybe thats just me.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 6:24 PM

i'm sorry music snobbery (anon @ 6:24), I didnt' mean to offend you. Didn't think anyone was reading or cared.

Posted by Anonymous | September 27, 2007 7:24 PM

im sure MS probably doesnt care and probably isnt reading this. He probably has better things to do.

I (today) do not have better things to do. Though it seems that neither do you either anon@7:24

Posted by 6:24 | September 27, 2007 7:49 PM

maybe we should be friends and use our time better?

tea and cookies?
tomorrow?

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 12:20 AM

Take the focus off your egos and put it back on the thread...it's not that hard. Good job BV for reporting on a talented new artist. Bad job for those doing all they can to ensure snotty nose anglophile sterotypes of indie rock fans remain secure. Bottom line...Katie Nash = talented and promising. Mos def. I saw Luna show. I was sold. Moving on.

Posted by JellyDoughnuts | September 28, 2007 1:21 AM

The number of comments made me curious. I have no idea who Kate Nash is, but I read the MS blog. Wow, that was creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has a restraining order from someone else.

Posted by Anonymous | September 28, 2007 8:25 AM

Who is this anonymous guy?

He seems like a complete schizo to me. Don't pay any attention to him!

Posted by Anon | September 28, 2007 2:55 PM

Yes, we probably should use our time better.

Are you free on Sunday? I was thinking cupcakes, but if you'd prefer something different that is fine with me.

Oh, and as for JellyDoughnuts: what's this about egos in this thread? I wasn't really getting that vibe.

And you know what happens on messageboards and blog comments? Thinks sometimes hit a tangent and go off-topic. That's how these things work sometimes. Don't get too worked up about. Though going back and reminding us all of the post at hand (the music and talent of kate nash) is totally acceptable.

Posted by 6:24 | September 28, 2007 11:32 PM

i don't like nash OR music snobbery!

:\