Posted in music | tour dates on September 6, 2007

Deerhunter @ South Street Seaport, NYC - Aug 31, 2007 (CRED)
Deerhunter @ South Street Seaport

Two big official CMJ shows are set to go on sale to the public Friday September 7th at noon, and they're both happening at Bowery Ballroom.

Wednesday, October 17 ($15)
* DEERHUNTER (info)
* Dan Deacon (info)
* No Age (info)
* White Williams (info)

Thursday, October 18 ($17)
* BRITISH SEA POWER (info)
* Pela (info)
* 1990s (info)
* Tiny Masters Of Today (info)
* Stardeath and White Dwarfs
* The Grey Race
More bands that are playing CMJ this year are listed, HERE.

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 3:39 PM

Yo, it'd be dope if we could get that line-up for a non-CMJ show.

Posted by AGW. | September 6, 2007 3:43 PM

why would i stand in a room of hipsters wearing skinny jeans when i can stand in an arena full of drunk 50 year old women screaming BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 3:45 PM

i saw deerhunter at the seaport...my reaction...eh

i assume everybody who rants and raves about being "blown away" by deerhunter live are just illuminating their mastery of the obvious pun??

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 4:06 PM

So are No Age not playing the Sub Pop showcase?

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 4:25 PM

i just want to see no age. i'm just amazed at how fast they blew up. i was hoping they'd be playing trash bar or some place as equally small and/or obnoxious. oh well.

Posted by mat | September 6, 2007 4:47 PM

Great, I have my CMJ for Wednesday then.

Posted by Eduardo | September 6, 2007 4:48 PM

deerhunter & dan deacon... i keep missing both these acts, so I am THERE!

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 4:57 PM

in response to 4:06 anonymous. Deerhunter killed it last time they were at bowery, but that was back when they were a 5some. Bradford worked it as an EmCee, back then but they have yet to develop a swagger when he's behind a guitar. Personally, as a fan, I miss the wall of sound shit. I miss the feeling of not worrying about whether it's gonna sound totally massive. I saw the southstreet show and had a similar reaction: tenterhooks. Some people say the thinner sound is better. That's an interesting argument. One thing that came through at the southstreet show is how strong deerhunter's rhythm section is.

Posted by AGW | September 6, 2007 4:58 PM

hot damn look at that wednesday line up mm mmm

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 5:50 PM

Fuckin' Stardeath! Sweet mother of God, my life is complete.

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2007 7:29 PM

Deerhunter at the Seaport bored me to tears. And their rhythm section is metronomically trite. I sincerely doubt that an additional guitarist and a frontman with nothing to do but dedicate himself to his vocal loops would have made much difference.
Occasionally I am wrong.

Posted by Gorbert | September 7, 2007 1:23 AM

Deerhunter? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Posted by Anonymous | September 7, 2007 8:34 AM

The Seaport show = not great but I feel like since they just lost the member and they seemed quite nervous (who wouldn't be opening for BATTLES?), they were just off. And No Age KILLS it everytime.

Posted by Anonymous | September 7, 2007 9:57 AM

how about that moshpit for Battles though? I thought I was at Korn or something. Big bold Russian guy and his girlfriend (I think) who repeatedly tried to crowd surf. She was pretty cute.

How about the crazy long haired kid doing spinning kicks to the face and punches to the groin?

Posted by Anonymous | September 7, 2007 10:15 AM