Posted in Contests | To Do | music on September 24, 2007

Bjork @ Austin City Limits 2007 (CRED)
Bjork @ ACL

Bjork's big show at Madison Square Garden in NYC is tonight (Sept 24). The Klaxons are opening, and so is Santogold - which is BrooklynWhamCityConsistent with Bjork's choice of Spank Rock opening for her last time she was in town. And speaking of Spank Rock and Santogold, they're also both playing the Klaxons-MSG afterparty at Rebel, which (as David Bruno reported) is free if you RSVP. This is also a good spot to mention that the Klaxons are listing a Webster Hall show on October 12th which is "currently not on sale".

I'm supposed to go tonight, but should I? I just saw her at Austin City Limits (she headlined the first day), and probably because I was spoiled from going to all three of her last NYC shows (Radio City, United Palace & The Apollo), I had trouble getting into it (set list here). I was also tired (flew in that morning - was at festival all day), far from the stage, alone, supposed to already be at my own afterparty (which I had no idea how I was going to get to), and in a huge field with thousands of people. I guess I had trouble connecting with the show - like it was just this thing happening on a stage far away that I could sort of hear (I felt that way during Arcade Fire too) (wah, I know). You might have heard that a speaker caught on fire during Bjork's set which was the second fire that day at the fest.

Maybe sitting in a seat at MSG with stadium sound will be better. Do you want to go to tonight? The 30th person to e-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: Bjork) will get a free pair of tickets. Include your first and last name. Tickets are also still on sale.

Also...
* Bjork Live Album in the Works
* Bjork playing Conan O Brien Thursday
* Quirky Bjork Relocates Her Innocence, Explains Video Contest
* Bjork, QOTSA, MIA Highlight First Day Of ACL Fest

i hear ya bv. funny how excited i was about bjork touring 5 months ago, but couldnt care less about tonights show. im sure she'll be great anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 12:46 PM

any idea what time she's going on tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 12:46 PM

yes...set times please

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 12:48 PM

1 Extra Bjork GA Floor ticket available for face value (or less)... anyone interested?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 12:58 PM

according to the person I spoke to at MSG:

SantoGold - 8pm
Klaxons - 8:50
Bjork - 10pm-11:45

I too saw her at ACL but i'm still looking forward to seeing her tonight. I'll be closer to the stage, and she always puts on a good show.

Posted by Matt | September 24, 2007 1:24 PM

Go BV. Where will you be? I'll be PIT.

Posted by Eduardo | September 24, 2007 1:41 PM

I'll be in the front of Section 5.
Hopefully there will be something on my site tonight or tomorrow.

10:00 to 11:45 is pretty liberal. Her sets are running less than 90 minutes, usually about 75-80 minutes, so Bjork will be more like 10:10-11:35

Posted by nyctaper | September 24, 2007 1:57 PM

Are the Klaxons playing at their aftershow?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 2:13 PM

i have one ticket available (section 101)
will sell below face if necessary
contact me if you're interested

niftylilnumberlikeyou@yahoo.com

Posted by nifty | September 24, 2007 2:17 PM

i too saw bjork in austin and i thought she killed it...im real pumped for tonight's show. i personally am going to go bananas.

i know this is an impossible question to answer accurately, but how many more tours do you think she'll end up doing? gotta be nearing the end...thoughts?

Posted by vinz | September 24, 2007 2:36 PM

no fucking way. she will still be touring when shes 65 and older

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 2:46 PM

check out this article about iceland's use of clean, renewable energy...very interesting...why we dont have the same options here is indicative of everything that is wrong with the USA...

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 2:55 PM

FYI: I just bought a Klaxons ticket for Webster Hall. It says not available, but lets you through the whole process.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 2:57 PM

jesus lord god no no no no no...not webster hall...noooooooooooo

maybe if we stop buying tickets for shows there, they will stop having shows there??

WH-haters of the world unite!!!

boycott the place "where real new yorkers go to party"

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 3:07 PM

For so many reason, Webster Hall sucks bit time now.

But it does have a very interesting and note-worthy history. I didn't dig deep, hence the quick wiki link:

I dream about being there in the 1920's....

And yea, the place was built before "PA systems" were invented, so stop complaining about the accoustics of the room.... And did you notice the springy main dance floor. Well there're no pillars in that room, and the springs were built in to absorb the feet of dancers without collapsing on the floor below.... Must have been some dance moves. Probably more movement than the puppy humpy dance kids do these days....

Posted by grandpaspanky | September 24, 2007 4:34 PM

And btw, one of Bjork's first solo concert in NY (which I saw) was at Webster Hall in 1993. It was for "debut".

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:42 PM

I got one extra ticket: reserved seat on the floor sec 34 will sell for below face if anyone is in need. rcgood@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:48 PM

arent you just the coolest!

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:49 PM

So easy to hate blindly.... you should learn more about what you hate.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:54 PM

is the klaxons after party tonight or after there webster show?

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:58 PM

her shows used to be a lot longer. that being said i am still excited to go! and united theater was mind altering.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 4:59 PM

Are the Klaxons actually performing at this after party or are they just hosting it? The billing mentions nothing about them being live, just guest djs and spank rock.

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 5:41 PM

no klaxons tonight at the after party. just spank rock/santo gold and djs. plenty of reason to go. work in the AM is my only draw back. we'll see how i feel

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 6:12 PM

Speaking of Spank Rock...you can read a bit about his "scuffle" with an apple store employee at..

Posted by Anonymous | September 24, 2007 8:05 PM

Bjork was so fuckin amazing tonight......incredible

I wish DVD of this tour would come out in the future <3

Posted by wow | September 25, 2007 1:12 AM

I recorded tonight and it came out really excellent.
Uploading to my server now, should be up for download in a few hours.

Posted by nyctaper | September 25, 2007 2:49 AM

BV, you missed out. Bjork played her best NYC tonight. Sorry.

Posted by Eduardo | September 25, 2007 6:10 AM

Did you end up going? The show was amazing. I may be biased because I was front row in the pit and got a set list, but this was one of the best Bjork shows I've ever seen (I'm not sure if I preferred this one or the Apollo). I'm pretty sure this was the first time she played "I Miss You", "Unravel" and "Desired Constellation" in NYC on this tour and they were all gorgeous.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 9:51 AM

Last night was amazing!!! She was gorgeous; I particularly enjoyed “Hunter”, “Hyperballad” and that she kept coming near us on the right side of the stage.

Posted by Chris | September 25, 2007 11:17 AM

Last night was by far the most enjoyable Bjork show I have been to in a while. Even better than the Sugarcubes reunion, Coachella, ACL, RCMH and Apollo (I've seen her a lot lately). I was also not feeling the ACL set but that could have been more crowd related than anything else. She was on fire, and she even let the crowd sing along during hyperballad (how cool is that?). Plus the Icelandic brass joining on center stage during Declare Independence was a nice touch.

Posted by Anonymous | September 25, 2007 11:34 AM