Posted in music | pictures on October 16, 2007

British Sea Power @ Maxwell's, NJ - Oct 15, 2007 by Paul Bachmann (more)
British Sea Power @ Maxwells

How was it? BSP play Bowery Ballroom on October 18th, and other places. How were the openers Stardeath & White Dwarfs? (that is one band, not two). Fun fact: one of their members is related to Wayne Coyne.

BSP rocked. Not really any stage antics this time.

Posted by Greg | October 16, 2007 4:57 PM

Anyone know what time they play at Bowery on Thursday?

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 5:07 PM

BSP were and are amazing...a fact that appears to be lost on most of your readers.

Stardeath on the other hand were putrid.

Posted by loomis | October 16, 2007 5:09 PM

I read midnight in the Metro this morning (UGH!!!) I called the Mercury box office though and they said they wouldn't know until Thursday.

Posted by Meredith | October 16, 2007 5:10 PM

always loved BSP albums. i'd like to see them live and pela on the bill merits a ticket purchase.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 5:33 PM

BSP will play at midnight at Bowery, unless a band cancels or some shit.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 5:36 PM

British Sea Power dominated, as always. I'll have pics/videos up on my site first thing tomorrow.

Posted by EF Matt | October 16, 2007 6:17 PM

BSP was amazing. Lately was a instant crowd pleaser. it was also nice seeing them eat dinner before the show at maxwell's

2 thumbs up for my first show at maxwell's

Posted by BRIAN | October 17, 2007 2:06 AM

CMJ badge holders come early on Thurs to keep your spot! braving thru a bunch of good opening bands is worth it to make sure you dont miss BSP!!!

Posted by su | October 17, 2007 4:22 AM

BSP were amazing at Maxwell's. They focused on their more rockin' songs, and took it up several notches. It was great to see them in such a small venue. Last time I saw them was at the Narrows festival.

Stardeath & White Dwarfs were truly awful.

Posted by Joe | October 17, 2007 8:39 AM

Stardeath wasn't THAT bad. They had a pretty impressive light show for a small venue. Then again I had earplugs on.

Posted by GOPster | October 17, 2007 8:54 AM

I saw BSP in Philly last night. They were great. A little sloppy at first, but they quickly got into a groove.

Stardeath are absolutely horrible. Between the cheesy light show, smoke machine, and goofy unitard worn by Wayne Coyne's nephew, never have I seen four musicians expend so much energy on something so boring. Try as they might, Stardeath's theatrics couldn't mask the dull mediocrity of their music.

Posted by Titus Pullo | October 17, 2007 2:25 PM

I saw 'em at Maxwell's a couple of years ago and they were awesome. Any of you fucktards got an extra ticket for tonight's show?

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2007 3:00 PM

Great BSP show at Maxwell's.

I only saw the last few songs of the opening act, one of which was probably the loudest song I've ever heard at a show. I thought the speakers were going to blow, along with my eardrums. Fancy light show, though, especially for Maxwell's.

Posted by Dave B | October 17, 2007 4:54 PM

Enjoyable show at Maxwell’s, BSP are definitely one of the best bands out there at the moment, but their energy was a bit subdued, or maybe I just missed seeing Eamon bouncing through the crowd, pounding his marching drum. Also, the Wilkinson boys seemed a little irritated by all of the cameras at the one corner of the stage shoved in their faces during the entire set, and the handful of American idiots yelling the same song titles out in weak British accents between songs.

Posted by Svejk | October 17, 2007 6:32 PM