Posted in To Do | music on October 5, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: David Byrne - My Fair Lady (MP3)

Vampire WeekendDavid Byrne went to the better of the two shows I think...

Went to see Animal Collective and Vampire Weekend at Webster Hall last night (Oct 1). VW was really good — poppy, but fairly skewed too, with bits of soukous guitar thrown in from time to time, as if it was just a way of playing lilting guitar and not a specific African style. They’re not a “world music” act by any stretch; these various styles of playing are all just out there now, to be used when appropriate. I wondered if they sounded a little like early Talking Heads, a little bit, maybe, which of course wouldn’t bother me. They got the crowd moving, which is pretty impressive for an opening act. Catchy tunes too. I’d heard some on an EP or demo CD. They said they’re working on an album now. [Read about Animal Collective's set @ David Byrne's blog]
David Byrne

A few days later David was a special guest at one of Lucinda Williams' Town Hall shows.

This Saturday, David is talking about bikes. He's also talking in Boston on October 10th. (and as a commenter pointed out) It was announced at tonight's Wordless Music Series show, that David Byrne is playing two "Wordless" (with words) shows on January 24th & 25th.

Vampire Weekend's only listed tour dates are in Europe.

FROM DA HORSES MOUTH

Posted by bill bo yo | October 6, 2007 12:04 AM

byrne is playing two shows at the wordless series in january in nyc

Posted by Anonymous | October 6, 2007 12:08 AM

Jan 24 and 25
David Byrne
Wordless Music Series

as announced at the amazing show tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | October 6, 2007 12:08 AM

Those Vampire kids were boring. I would like to know instead what Bjork thought of the show.

Posted by Eduardo | October 6, 2007 12:22 AM

I am not sure if someone mentioned it but Bjork was at the show too...

Posted by Eduardo | October 6, 2007 12:23 AM

WOW!!! Is there any ticket info yet?

Posted by Ian | October 6, 2007 10:45 AM

i wish he would play a "talking heads" show. i wish everyone could get along.

Posted by mat | October 6, 2007 11:41 AM

I second that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 6, 2007 9:41 PM

I think that to get the loans from creditors you ought to have a firm motivation. However, once I've got a secured loan, because I wanted to buy a car.

Posted by HughesFlorence | February 26, 2010 7:19 PM

History keeps getting easier...

Posted by Dolly Jagger | March 14, 2010 11:22 AM

1975?...Impossible!

Posted by St Elmo's Fire | March 15, 2010 9:36 AM

Thank you for all the burdensome daily grinds over the years. It was eternally a beneficial creation having you blog. It is alluring to transport one's self into the spirit of the bypast, to see how a judicious gentleman has thought before us, and to what glorious highness we have at last reached. Best of luck in your new entertainment if you’ll have a short of of clue, always aim term papers service. Keep the articles progressing !

Posted by essays | March 16, 2010 6:48 PM

Plagiarism content gets you sick and tired? Don't get angry! If you knew about online plagiarism checker, then you would try it! In fact, I do not like plagiarized papers too!

Posted by plagiarism checker | October 21, 2010 9:57 PM

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

Posted by Cheap Phones | June 15, 2011 12:56 PM

This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

Posted by web design company india | May 8, 2012 4:25 AM

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by loan | June 19, 2013 4:59 PM

I really like the fresh perfection you did on the issue. Really was not expecting that when I started off studying. Your concepts were easy to understand that I wondered why I never looked at it before.

Posted by here | April 13, 2014 9:40 AM