Posted in music on October 22, 2007

Tickets are still on sale for the "I'm not There" show at Beacon Theatre on November 7th - it's a "live celebration" of the new Bob Dylan movie. More details below...

In Todd Haynes' biographical Bob Dylan film, "I'm Not There," Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger and Ben Whitshaw all portray the legendary singer-songwriter.

The talent lineup for I'm Not There: In Concert, a live celebration of Haynes' Bob Dylan film, consists of:
Calexico
Cat Power
The Roots
My Morning Jacket
J Mascis
Yo La Tengo with Buckwheat Zydeco
Mason Jennings
Joe Henry
John Doe
Michelle Shocked & Jimmy LaFave
Mark Lanegan
Terry Adams Rock & Roll Quartet
Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks
Al Kooper & Funky Faculty
Ian Ball & Olly Peacock (Of Gomez)
Lee Ranaldo & the Million Dollar Bashers

Top-price tickets at $154 + service? You've got to be kidding me.

Posted by edwyn the bear | October 22, 2007 9:47 AM

Yeah, I'd love to go but c'mon....These prices are outrageous. I also wanted to get Stevie Wonder tickets until I saw how much they were.

Posted by treece | October 22, 2007 12:19 PM

Didn't they just do something like this at Lincoln Center?

Posted by anon | October 22, 2007 12:32 PM

It's not just the top-price tickets that are $154, the LOGE is $154. Not just the front row, row D in the loge will set you back to $154. I didn't even try looking at balcony seats, the one pull I did for the lowest-price seats put me in the back of the balcony and that's not worth it.

So that is why this show is not sold out. is it even a benefit?

Posted by jukeboxgraduate | October 22, 2007 4:17 PM

There are floor seats (not center orch) for the lesser price of $104 each (plus fees). If you factor in the 16 artists mentioned here - price per artist ain't too bad. There's mention of further special guests (which may or may not be true) and the OST does feature lots of other intriguing artists (Antony, Karen O, Malkmus). I would imagine with all these musicians, and the scope of songs they have to choose from, that this will be a good 3-hour show.

Not cheap - but a potentially very special evening.

Posted by drewo | October 22, 2007 4:57 PM

it's for charity you idiots

Posted by joe | November 6, 2007 1:52 PM

What our polite friend Joe is trying to say is that all proceeds for this show go to 826 National - a nonprofit that tutors kids in reading and writing.

Although I don't recall this info being presented when the show was first announced. Maybe it's an attempt to try to move more tickets at this late date. Also note - Cat Power is no longer featured as a performer for the show: www.imnotthere.com

Posted by drewo | November 6, 2007 2:26 PM

you guys
this was the worst show i have EVER seen

Jim james from my morning jacket was amazing
everything else (even unfortunately yo la tengo)
was really boring
and bad BAD BADDD
holy shit!
did anyone else go to this?

Posted by huge bob dylan fan | November 8, 2007 1:36 AM

I was in the back of the balcony (which was packed), my understanding was that the orchestra was pretty sparse with people. Calexico, My Morning Jacket and The Roots really stole the show. More so the later two. The rest was mediocre at best unfortunately.

Posted by Anonymous | November 8, 2007 8:39 AM

thats was such a dissapointing show. where the hell was everyone? cat power didn't show up, medeski didn't either, where was j mascis?

Posted by tim | November 9, 2007 3:16 PM

Posted by tim | November 9, 2007 3:16 PM

there was absolutely no flow, what with everyone coming on for one song before they left the stage. that said, the performance from the roots was so phenomenal that it was pretty much worth the large price of admission alone.

oh, and j mascis was there playing his trademark distorted guitar solos with the million dollar bashers...

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2007 5:07 PM