Posted in MP3 | To Do | industry | music | tour dates on October 25, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Lykke Li - Tonight (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Shugo Tokumaru - Young Folks (PB&J Cover) (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Shout Out Louds - Tonight I Have To Leave It (MP3)

Lykke LiPeter Bjorn and John, Shout Out Louds, and Lykke Li are all from Sweden. Shout Out Louds play Bowery Ballroom in NYC tonight (Oct 25), Music Hall of Williamsburg tomorrow, Maxwell's on Saturday, and then they continue their North American tour (with Johnossi - also from Sweden). Björn Yttling (Bjorn) produced Our Ill Wills - the new Shout Out Louds record out on Merge. 21-year old Lykke Li (real name = Lykke Zahrisson) sings the girl parts on that record. Lykke Li just came out with her own EP as well. It was also produced by Bjorn. Bjorn and Lykke are here in NYC working on her full length album - which also explains part of the reason Peter and Bjorn have been around town. Lykke Li was the girl singing the the girl part on "Young Folks" at the CMJ show at Galapagos. Lykke Li is playing her own two shows - a free one at Knitting Factory on October 29th, and a not-free one at Mercury Lounge the next day. Bjorn will probably be at those shows to help her out. Maybe Bjorn and Lykke will also both be at the three NYC-area Shout Out Louds shows to help them out too. Lykke and the Shout Out Louds tour Europe together in November and December. One further connection all these artists have: Bud Fox manages Shout Out Louds, Johnossi, Lykke Li, El Perro Del Mar, and Bjorn. Peter plays Joe's Pub on November 19th. Who knows where the hell John is.

In related news, Sweden's Jens Lekman is also playing two shows this weekend.

Sweden in NYC, 2007'
Oct 25 - DJ Bjorn @ Hiro Ballroom (info)
Oct 25 - Shout Out Louds @ Bowery Ballroom
Oct 25 - SOL @ afterparty @ Lolita Bar
Oct 26 - Shout Out Louds @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Oct 26 - SOL afterparty @ Union Pool (w/ DJ Bjorn)
Oct 27 - Shout Out Louds @ Maxwell's of Hoboken
Oct 27 - Jens Lekman @ Webster Hall
Oct 28 - Jens Lekman @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Oct 29 - Lykke Li @ Knitting Factory
Oct 30 - Lykke Li @ Mercury Lounge
Nov 19 - Peter @ Joe's Pub

Lykke Li may be the new Annie or Sally Shapiro or Robyn (who Bjorn has also produced and who Bud Fox also works with), or something 'Swedish pop star' like that. All tour dates, and Lykke's video for "Little Bit", below.......

Lykke Li - Little Bit

Lykke Li - 2007 Tour Dates
Oct 29 - Knitting factory New York, New York
Oct 30 - Mercury Lounge New York, New York
Nov 21 - Folken, Stavanger w/Shout Out Louds
Nov 22 - Hulen w/ Shout Out Louds Bergen
Nov 23 - Samfundet w/Shour Out Louds Trondheim
Nov 24 - John Dee w/Shout Out Louds Oslo
Nov 29 - Lille Vega w/Shout Out Louds Copenhagen
Nov 30 - KB w/ Shout Out Louds Malmö
Dec 1 - Kåren w/ Shout Out Louds Göteborg

BONUS FACT: Bjorn Yttling also has a group called Yttling Jazz.

and here's a Shout Out Louds video....

Tonight I have to leave it

Shout Out Louds - 2007 Tour Dates
Oct 25 - Bowery Ballroom New York City (US)
Oct 26 - Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, New York (US)
Oct 27 - Maxwell's Hoboken (US)
Oct 28 - 9.30 Club Washington DC (US)
Oct 29 - First Unitarian Church Philadelphia (US)
Oct 30 - Cat's Cradle Carrboro (US)
Oct 31 - The Loft Atlanta (US)
Nov 2 - The Parish Austin (US)
Nov 3 - Granada Theatre Dallas (US)
Nov 5 - The Henry Fonda Theatre Los Angeles (US), California
Nov 21 - Folken Stavanger (NO)
Nov 22 - Hulen Bergen (NO)
Nov 23 - Samfundet Trondheim (NO)
Nov 24 - John Dee Oslo (NO)
Nov 26 - Borderline London (U.K)
Nov 29 - Lilla Vega Copenhagen (DK)
Nov 30 - KB Malmö (SWE)
Dec 1 - Chalmers kårhus Göteborg (SWE)

I have an extra pair for Shout out louds for saturday's show at maxwell's anyone want'em? Can meet at Union Square tonite before I leave on my trip.

Posted by Jp | October 25, 2007 10:41 AM

The Afterparty for this show is happening at LOLITA (266 Broome St). There will be an open vodka bar starting at 12:30 and riot city will be djing. Make sure to come thru after the show at the ballroom.

Posted by Jon G | October 25, 2007 2:13 PM

Anyone know anything about the Lykke Li show at Mercury? They're not selling advanced tix.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2007 5:59 PM

they don't sell advanced tickets to most Mercury Lounge shows.

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2007 6:12 PM

they are playing for free monday [10/29] @ the knit!

Posted by Anonymous | October 29, 2007 1:37 PM

i love lykke! these clips of her are fun. i especially like the one about sxsw.

Posted by loudbuzz | March 31, 2008 1:11 PM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtube | October 26, 2010 7:31 PM

^ ^ Thank you ^ ^

Posted by انمي | March 1, 2011 2:39 AM

Posted by kiev escort | March 1, 2011 5:03 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================