Posted in NYC | comedy | music | venues on October 23, 2007

Mo Pitkins, Sunday October 21, 2007
Mo Pitkins

On Sunday night, Mo Pitkins swaggered off into the sunset with a 5-hour finale that captured the charm and the camraderie the venue had always been searching for. "Smoke 'em if you got 'em," announced the emcee, Wonder-Woman clad Seth Herzog, "because there's nothing left to lose." And so people did. The crowded audience of artists, performers, trendsetters, and friends soaked in the vibe for one last time. [The Apiary]
and...
The distinctive Cuban Reuben sandwiches already a memory, patrons and performers packed Mo Pitkin’s House of Satisfaction Sunday night to bid farewell to the venue that was officially shuttered on Saturday. The 150 final revelers—including Moby and Penny Arcade—who populated the sidewalk, downstairs bar and dining room at the party’s high point seemed sad but resigned to the fact that the nostalgia palace would close after only a two-year run on Avenue A. [Village Voice]
Mo's has a page up full of condolence letters, like this one...
Sorry to hear that Mo's is closing. I am very happy that I will get to do two last shows there. I have enjoyed doing many shows upstairs there for the last couple of years. The vibe reminded me of the old fez which as we know also closed. I am getting tired of all the good clubs closing. People are just not coming out to see live music the way they used to. Back in the late 90's, early 2000's when I worked with The Strokes shows were packed and every band was friendly with each other. Thanks again for all the shows you helped me get at Mo's.
Take Care, Kerri
RIP

Tags: Mo Pitkins, Moby

"People are just not coming out to see live music the way they used to."

The had live music? I thought they only did book readings, burlesque and acoustic singer-songwriter (not music IMHO) stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2007 1:36 PM

Mo Pitkins, RIP?

Thsi place sucked for a really long time. There food sucked and the place was jsut boring. Sorry to hurt some feelings but come on. It like saying CBGB was a great place. CB's was good in th elate 70's and that was about it. Move on people. Go to Bk or something. Holla at youe boy Gack..

Posted by todd gavck | October 23, 2007 2:45 PM

Mo Pitkins, RIP?

Posted by todd gavck | October 23, 2007 2:45 PM

I admit to only being there once or twice...but i found the place to be a little pretentious and too cool for school. I also agree with the first commenter that this wasn't really a music venue, but a variety act venue...which is cool...but its in a class of its own. fez was pretty stuck up too come to think of it.

Posted by Po Mitkins | October 23, 2007 3:01 PM

i live around the corner and knew a bartender there...all of which still didn't make me go all that much. it was a kitchy restaurant, then it wasn't and it became ?. it wanted to be too many things, but didn't do any of them all that well.

of course, if it had survived for a bit longer, the high rents, corporations and hipsters would have ruined it anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2007 3:15 PM

yeah, wish it was the good ole days with the strokes.

mo's wasn't a favorite but it wasnt terrible either. i went maybe 3x and only for the bar...not my choice.

if i remember, they charged me $10 for a makers...so fuck them.

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2007 3:47 PM

i worked for the assholes that run that place. i only have shout-outs to the kitchen staff because those guys are the best. the rest of that family can eat a fat dick.

Posted by hella snsn | October 23, 2007 3:48 PM

good pizza though.

Posted by Anonymous | October 23, 2007 3:51 PM

trust me - if you knew what was in that pizza - you wouldn't eat it.

Posted by hella snsn | October 24, 2007 11:27 AM