Posted in MP3 | To Do | music | venues on October 16, 2007

Cheeseburger

Why Muddd didn't go see Voxtrot @ Music Hall of Williamsburg:

Show: Voxtrot at Northsix for Yuppies
Why I'm not going: I'm fucking tired and not terribly psyched about going back to "Music Hall of Williamsburg." Never mind that the place is as clean (and has as much character) as a movie theater at the mall, the staff there is a total bunch of assholes. Last show I saw there (Boris with Damon and Naomi) I saw a bouncer kick a couple out for -- get this -- crouching against a wall. Fuck this place. Fuck it right in the ass.
Why Muddd isn't going to Bowery Ballroom tonight:
Show: Voxtrot and The Rosebuds (with many others) at Bowery Ballroom
Why I'm not going: Cheeseburger calls.
Check Muddd's blog for more CMJ recommendations. Check below for more Cheeseburger tour dates...

Cheeseburger - 2007 Tour Dates
Oct 16 - Galapagos Art Space brooklyn, New York
Oct 19 - THE MIDDLE EAST (Upstairs) Cambridge, Boston, New York

Search this site for CHEESEBURGER!

wawa

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 1:36 AM

Hear hear about the staff at the Music Hall. Somebody at Bowery needs to tell those assholes to get their act together and be invisible. I hardly ever see the security people at Bowery Ballroom. At Music Hall, they're walking among the crowd, staring into people's eyes as if everybody at the show is a potential drug dealer. If I want to be treated that way, I'll go to the meat packing district.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 2:19 AM

dude, I love WAWA. i wish there were some in NYC. great hoagies man.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 8:37 AM

Cheeseburger are also playing Union Hall on Halloween 10/31 with Cassettes Won't Listen as part of and Adult Swim/The Onion party with the comics from Lucy, Daughter of the Devil!!!

Posted by Jack | October 16, 2007 10:20 AM

The only time I went there, there was a huge line (past Galapagos) waiting to get in. The security said they were at capacity and needed some people to leave first. Everyone in line had tickets, we just couldn't see the show.

Not the brightest bulbs over at MHoW.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 10:53 AM

BTW, Cheeseburger are a terrible band. Nothing but third-rate AC/DC soundalikes with no originality. Is garage rock still fashionable among hipsters?

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 10:54 AM

I concur. MHoW security is as overbearing as Roseland and Irving Plaza. Now, despite the fact that I did get bounced from Bowery Ballroom for bringing in a beer, that was obviously my stupidity and the security was not unreasonably obnoxious as they escorted me out. I've had nothing but great experiences with the way they run Bowery. They KILLED Northsix though. Soulless concrete box and they sure make you feel like livestock while they take your money.

Posted by Max Power | October 16, 2007 12:21 PM

if this guy really thinks that's why the couple was kicked out and if anybody believes it that's ridiculous. yes i'm sure in his five seconds of seeing a couple get kicked out, he got the story in its entirety, I'm sure that one moment in time was all there was to it...get real.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:51 PM

12:51--

it actually *was* the reason they were kicked out, and this wasn't based on "five seconds" of seeing the couple. I was standing next to them throughout the majority of Damon and Naomi's set, and I had seen security hassle the same couple once already for the unforgivable sin of sitting down against the far right wall -- during setbreak!. (This was not on the concert floor, mind you, but on the elevated side area to the right). When the overzealous bouncers came through again, the same couple were crouching down in the same place and they were escorted out. Honest Injun.

Posted by Tuddd's Muddd | October 16, 2007 1:13 PM

This story is kind of amazing. Anybody have similar experiences? I've only been to MHOW a few tines and thought the security seemed very mellow... but this story makes them sound like the Annex or Hammerstein or something! Hate to hear it because I went to Northsix ever week or so and never had probs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 2:06 PM

CHEESEBURGER!!!!

Posted by ghost of comments past | October 16, 2007 4:07 PM

I actually really like mhow. I liked N6 too, but mhow has nice sound and looks really good. Lighten up is what I say. I was there for the national on friday (which was amazing!) and there was a security guy shining on the balcony a flashlight on the crowd from above which, admittedly, was distracting.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 4:52 PM

Seeing a show at Music Hall is like seeing a show in prison. The spotlight search from the balcony is too too much.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 5:34 PM

You hipsters and your hyperbole astound me.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 6:28 PM

Also, Voxtrot sucks...so that's always a viable reason for not seeing them, also.

Posted by Chris | October 16, 2007 6:54 PM

saying "you hipsters" is the same as the old man standing in his yard yelling "you damn kids. Get out of my yard!"

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2007 8:28 AM

10:54--dude you are insane. Cheeseburger fucking rules.

Posted by lover | October 18, 2007 3:37 PM