Posted in music | tour dates on October 1, 2007

All the tickets sold out this morning, so Neil Young added a 3rd NYC show. I guess people will pay those prices - December 15th is on sale now.

Tags: Neil Young

Wow, both shows sold out? I don't think he sold out RCMH last time around.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2007 10:28 AM

its not sold out. I just got tickets for wed.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2007 10:40 AM

random question - does anyone know who came to play with lucinda williams last night? heard some bob dylan rumours...

Posted by Lena | October 1, 2007 10:40 AM

Only single tickets come up for me. Also, previously you received a copy of the new album with the purchase of any number of tickets. Now you must buy a pair of tickets in order to get the album.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2007 10:53 AM

Jim Lauderdale, Willie Nile, and Fionn Regan guested with Lucinda last night. It was a great show but the guests were disappointing as Lucinda herself confirmed Sonic Youth and was throwing around Springsteen hints (Lauderdale was really great, though, and Nile was certainly energetic - not into Fionn). She covered 'I Wanna Be Sedated', 'For What It's Worth', and 'Riders on the Storm'. She mentioned Neil Young several times when talking about her inspirations, so relevant for this thread I suppose. Also, she credited Ryan Adams for inspiring her great song 'Essence' - please nobody tell him.

Posted by edwyn the bear | October 1, 2007 10:55 AM

$400 for a pair of tickets is a joke.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2007 11:21 AM

Couldn't have been Dylan since I watched him sleepwalk through a dreadful set in Bridgeport last night. EC, however, was great.

Posted by kwhitehead | October 1, 2007 11:32 AM

So is Crazy Horse in on this tour or what?
Something about spending over a grand on a Thursday night show only to see a Saturday announced later gives me a bitter taste in my mouth.

Posted by Mike | October 1, 2007 12:41 PM

I'm pretty sure Neil Young boycotted the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Buffalo Springfield because he was annoyed by the high ticket price for that event. I love Neil, but what a jackass. Seems he doesn't mind charging a ridiculous amount as long as he directly benefits.

Posted by mark | October 1, 2007 1:16 PM

allow me to repeat myself. re: "...TICKET PRICES: $186.00, $106.00, $86.00, & $61.00...", nukin' futz. neil needs how much? i'd rather check out molina's magnolia electric company eight times and still have boku $ to buy beer - and see an equally good performance (8 x's). greedy jackass.

Posted by lemmiwinks | October 1, 2007 1:44 PM

agree, way too expensive. greedy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 1, 2007 4:56 PM

Allow ME to repeat myself:

The word is "beaucoup," you ignoramus.

Posted by Pepe le Peu | October 1, 2007 9:18 PM

to peepee lay pew (sic) 10/1/07 @ 21:18: your ethocentricity is showing i.e., "boku" is filipino slang, meaning "lots of". "beaucoup" is french meaning very much. a distinction with a difference. you need to get out more. fny.

Posted by lemmiwinks | October 2, 2007 9:41 AM

Leave Neil alone,if you dont want to pay stay home
it takes a lot of people to put on thease shows,and thay all have to get paid.Every body has to make a living

Posted by Ted | October 2, 2007 5:52 PM