Posted in music | tour dates on October 16, 2007

Neil YoungNeil Young added a 5th ("and final") show at United Palace in NYC. The date is December 18th. Tickets go on sale Monday October 22nd @ 10am. The other four shows (12th, 13th, 15th, 16th) are now listed as sold out.

Tags: Neil Young

apparently Neil Young is no Morrissey

Posted by javier buchananeversonia | October 16, 2007 10:16 AM

I love the way he staggers these....I got shut out for the first set of shows announced and now have tix for Sunday and have a chance for another show... I don't think many artists have the clout or fan base to do it like this, but it's a great way to do it.

Posted by rescueblues | October 16, 2007 10:40 AM

hey morrissey's booking agent....learn from neil young's agent....announce two dates at a venue you think you can sell out....then once those sells out....add one date at a time...

got it?

Posted by wow | October 16, 2007 10:44 AM

Morrissey should open for BRAD, or some shitty band people actually like.

:/)

Posted by Winston | October 16, 2007 10:55 AM

i dunno...i hate what he did here. i got sold out on the first two shows but thanks to bv i got 4, 8th row seats for the saturday night show. i figured id sell 2 and make some money back.

and now he just keeps pumping tix out.

i figure my good seats on the only weekend show will be in demand but this is ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 10:57 AM

Anon 10:57. You are a real jerk for buying tickets just to resell them. Everyone on this site claims ticket prices are too high and then a jerk like you writes in about buying just to resell. I hope nobody buys your tickets!

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 11:02 AM

yeah, anon 11:02, i know yr broke and all but there are people with money who want the good seats i have...its the market...ah, yr probably too stupid to comprehend it...

ARCADE FIREE RULEZZ!

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 11:29 AM

anyone know what time daft punk goes on?

Posted by boss hog | October 16, 2007 11:50 AM

Posted by rescueblues | October 16, 2007 11:53 AM

fuck the scalpers and fuck you, I hope you get robbed outside the theater. Sincerely.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:11 PM

He paid over $400 for two tickets, he's already been robbed.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:25 PM

^^^ Lots of people are happy to be robbed, then.

How many other artists can charge these prices and sell out (soon to be) 5 shows at a large theater?

Posted by drewo | October 16, 2007 12:29 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:29 PM

I second the notion. I hope you get mugged outside the theatre as well. And I do think this method of staggering the shows is better than an intial onslaught of dates. I am hoping to get a ticket this coming Monday.

Posted by spike owen | October 16, 2007 12:34 PM

hey anon 12:29, you fucked me out of buying sigur ros tickets for $80. I tried on ticketmaster and got shut out because scalping aholes like you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:51 PM

Class warfare — gotta love it!

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 1:12 PM

"I think that's one of the reasons he is doing it like this, to prevent scalpers picking up all the tickets for a given set of nights and giving others willing to pay the original market price to see a show and not having fans pay some price set by the black market.

Posted by rescueblues | October 16, 2007 11:53 AM"

He is not doing that though. He is trying to scalp the tickets for more than he paid just like a professional scummy scalper

Unfortunately for him the ticket price was so high and there are so many shows he wont get even his money back. The great thing about Neil playing this many shows is most people will be able to get tickets the week, day or night of the show for either the face value or lower even.
The scalper market is riddled with lies these days...take for example this dope's statement below

"I scalped my Sigur Ros NYer Festival tickets so I could buy top price Neil Young tickets. Seriously. I got $400 for S Ros tickets I paid $80 for, and turned around and got a great pair of Neil Young orchestra tickets from ticketmaster for about $400. Question: is this wrong? I could not have afforded the Neil show otherwise, and as much as I wanted to see Sigur Ros I wanted to see Neil more.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 12:29 PM"

Why do you all assume this jackoff is telling the truth. Cause he posted it on blog? He is probably full of shit. Do you know anyone who actually paid that much for a scalped ticket for that show? I don't and i know for a fact no one was paying that outside the venue the night of the show cause i was there. I bought a ticket outside a half hour before the show for face value. There were a bunch of people selling and not many buying. If people were more patient and just waited till the week or day of show you would find that there are tickets to be had and if its a large arena show there are plenty of tickets to be had.Obviously very small shows such as at Mercury or Bowery are harder to come by but they are there.
Take Springsteen this week for example. If you were to believe the idiots posting on CL you would think they are getting upwards of 1600 for a ticket. They want you to believe that, duh? Guaranteed they did not even come close to getting it and im even more sure that if you go out to MSG tomorrow an hour before the show you will find you can get tickets for lower than face.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 1:13 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 1:43 PM

Doors at 7
Daft Punk on at 8pm sharp
no opening band

Posted by anonymoose | October 16, 2007 2:12 PM

"Anon 1:13: Good points about getting tickets at the venue night of the show, but I can assure you that people did pay what Anon 12:29 claimed for Sigur Ros - I was bidding for a pair myself on Ebay and they ended up selling for $380 for the pair. Let's face it, there are a lot of rich people in this town that have the money to pay whatever it takes and they don't want to stand around outside a venue the night of the show taking their chances.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 1:43 PM"

Key word dude is YOU BID FOR THEM ON EBAY. Those are bids and not what the actual person gets. Especially with scalpers people always fuck with them by driving up the price on there and sticking it to them and not paying the money. Ask any professional scalper and they will tell you that ebay is the last place they try to sell their tickets these days. Just because you saw the winning bid as 380 does not mean the guy actually got that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 2:19 PM

'Ask any professional scalper' - what, you fraternize with these people?

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 2:36 PM

The balls of 10:57 to complain about the staggered ticket sales because they interfere with his scalping the tickets is something to behold. Of course he naturally points to the inherent virtue of the free market in an attempt to justify his sleaziness. I hope there is some karma in this world, though. Getting mugged, as others have suggested, sounds about right. At the very least I hope he gets stuck with the tickets.

Posted by Lee | October 16, 2007 6:59 PM

new yorkers. once caught a guy from queens stealing. got him red-handed. he looked me full in the face and in earnest said: "that doesn't make me a bad person, right?"

Posted by drunkenstepda | October 16, 2007 7:45 PM

That depends, drunkenstepda. What and how did he attempt to steal?

P.S. I hate scalpers.

Posted by God | October 17, 2007 1:08 AM

"Of course people are paying these prices! Best evidence - they are paying $200 each for Neil Young tickets! Why wouldn't they do the same for Sigur Ros? Do you actually think Sigur Ros couldn't have sold out that tiny theater at much higher prices? Your 'people bidding everything up on Ebay to fuck with the scalpers' is an urban legend.

Posted by Anonymous | October 16, 2007 2:36 PM

Hahaha, probably the lying jackass from above who wants people to believe someone paid him 400 dollars for Sigur Ros tickets. Urban Legend my ass.

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2007 2:34 AM

Are you really this stupid? As much as I hate it myself like most people here, secondary ticket market is a big industry. Just look at the closing prices of thousands of ticket listings on eBay. Are you under the illusion that none of these transactions actually take place? There are a lot of rich people and they ARE paying these prices. Not talking about what is right or wrong here. Just stating the simple fact that everyone but you knows.

Posted by Bob | October 17, 2007 2:57 AM

Duderomety 4:24

Thou shalt not scalp unlesseth they can see Neil Young before he get's too old

Posted by Anonymous | October 17, 2007 3:06 AM

dear God,

send more xtc. answers to your two-parter below:

. $
. he didn't attempt to steal, he stole & got caught.

far be it from me to try negotiating with U, but stealing is stealing (unless it's fewer than ten people eh, i mean dollars).

R/Abraham - posting for drunkenstepda (cocktail flu again)

ps - how's the wife & kid?

Posted by drunkenstepda | October 17, 2007 6:57 AM