Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on October 24, 2007

DOWNLOAD: Peter Bjorn and John - Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard (MP3)

Peter & Bjorn & ?? @ Galapagos, Brooklyn, NYC - Oct 20, 2007 (CRED)
Peter and Bjorn

Did anyone check out Peter and Bjorn @ Galapagos Saturday night? At first I was confused by the missing member, but I see from the pictures that it just meant they had a different drummer - which is not the first time that happened, but last time they played without John they just left their name the same.

I didn't go to Galapagos (obviously), but I did see Peter & Bjorn at Bowery Ballroom a few nights earlier - they were both in the audience watching Dan Deacon and Deerhunter, and they both also stayed all the way to the end.

Peter is playing without John & without Bjorn @ Joe's Pub in NYC on November 19.

Peter writes a lot of songs - too many to fit in the prospect of just one band with three songwriters so in his spare time he has recorded a solo album that bears some kinship with Paul Simon, Tim Hardin, Brian Eno, John Cale, Caetano Veloso, Robyn Hitchcock, The Go-Betweens and maybe The Shins’ acoustic ballads. Peter will mostly play by his lonesome, but may invite guests or have some special treats up his sleeve. Join him at Joe’s Pub for his raw, singular set. [Joe's Pub]
Tickets are at Joe's site.

the whistling is weak.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2007 2:04 PM

i made it over after the great matt and kim show just in time for the Black Kids set. I had no idea Peter, Bjorn and someone were playing because they werent listed on the bill. Peter rocked out hard, so hard that he rocked himself out of his guitar strap, but finished up like a pro and shredded the rest of the set. Didnt know sweden could do it like that, very good show.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2007 2:45 PM

bjorn was in the audience at the spinto band/macabees show on friday night. they are awesome

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2007 3:21 PM

The drummer in this picture is Doug Marvin from Dirty on Purpose, and he is not their new drummer, he just sat in for this one song, completely unrehearsed, it was rad! He also made appearances on one of their tours with Au Revoir Simone as bongo player.

Posted by Anonoymous | October 24, 2007 3:31 PM

I too popped in after the fun Matt & Kim show only to find a bunch of lifeless wanks doing their best to typify a New York "insider" show. "You better not suck!" a douche yelled out before the Black Kids even played a note. Then when they did the crowd stood virtually motionless throughout the entire set. Sure the sound sucked, but what an ungrateful lot. This knee-jerk backlash is even sillier than the undeserved hype shoveled by the shitload on a band like Black Kids. In less than an hour I was able to see the great divide that exists here in NYC. Two "golly, gee-whiz" lead singers but two entirely different crowd reactions. At least there were some $3 Dale Ales. I was so bored after the Black Kids' response I left before PB&Somebody came on.

Posted by CmcD | October 24, 2007 4:45 PM

I thought Black Kids were pretty good considering their current history. Every band needs work, and they do, but they had it going on. The sound was way better than their R Bar performance.

Peter & Bjorn were originally scheduled to play an acoustic set!

I'm so glad they didn't, it would have really killed the week for me.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2007 6:16 PM

People up front were dancing for black kids. P&J were pretty weird and drunk but I thought it was a way better performance than at Webster a while ago.

Posted by Anonymous | October 24, 2007 10:31 PM

this is fucking confusing, just played together or don't you scandanvian fucks

Posted by Anonymous | October 25, 2007 7:21 PM

they should change their name to eurodouche

Posted by Anonymous | October 26, 2007 10:45 AM